Negative

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Negative

Post by Tbeck »

I get it politics is polarizing but there's a place on the forum for that.
I don't know about the rest of you but I like to come here and read SJ's golf stuff, Bodogs boat building, and bike related stuff.

I'm sure that the vast majority come here, past and present, for the fun stuff, not the negative. So maybe some fun stuff for a change?

I'm thinking about making a longish trip on the bike this year... suggestions?

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Negative

Post by hillsy v2 »

I throw in a few bike build threads every so often but things are still a bit limited since I had the off late last year. I'll try and update what I have already but if I do get time to tinker taking pics is kind of a hinderance to getting stuff done at the moment.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

I enjoy the vast technical knowledge from people far smarter than I. I enjoy the humor, bike related stuff, and general posts by anyone. I even don't mind the political posts. What I really dislike is the name calling and digital shouting matches that sometimes take over a thread. It's usually the same people too. When I see that I close the thread and never venture back to it. I joined the purple board some time around the early 2000's and people were very helpful with my questions and I made a few online friends. It started to go for a crap so I left altogether. Then some time ago I found this board and joined. I hope we can keep it positive here as overall it's a great place to hang out.

Love reading SJ's stories along with many others. Please think twice before posting anything negative, most of us are not logging on to read that kind of crap. I don't post very often as life is busy for me and I don't have a lot of free time but for sure I don't want to spend my free time reading something that's negative or derogatory.

Tbeck: Not sure where you live but Back of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Natchez Trace Parkway, Mount Washington, or The Pig Trail are a few destinations that come to mind.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Other than the usual Saturday morning frays to distant eatery locations that we decide on before departing I'm thinking of an outing to our northern border state Arkansas. Once you leave Hot Springs heading north or northwest the roads there are a blast to ride, just pick any of the two directions and you're off. :ShitGrinandThumb:
In the past we made Harrison our central location and from there we head in a different direction each day.
Some of the rides we make from there are Branson,Mo via Peels Ferry (Hwy 125) across Bull Shoal Lake, a short hop and a jump into Missouri, other locations are Mountain Home, Eureka Springs, The Pig Trail (Hwy 23 ) out of Eureka Springs, Hwy 7 out of Russellville heading north to Harrison and any other routes you can come up with in that area. And by all means Don't bypass Hwy 16, or Hwys 27, 123, 21(Kingston), and Mount Nebo state park if you like a snake like route heading straight up the mountain, . all great routes.
Petit Jean Mountain and park is also a go to destination.
Also Make sure to stop at the Cliff House on Hwy 7, good food and better company awaits you.
June is the best month to ride that area as the severe threats of spring storms are at an end and the temps usually aren't in the 90's quite yet, but they are exceptions so don't quote me on that. :ShitGrinandThumb:
And the roads are kept in great shape so that's not a problem.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Sounds like some good travel plans SJ