Solar eclipse

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Solar eclipse

Post by Tbeck »

Well tomorrow is the big solar eclipse and Erie is the best place to see it according to the expert's. So we've got business closures and school closures because of the massive volume of people who have traveled and/or will be traveling to Erie for the event.

People are crazy about it and are paying $1000+ per night at local hotels that normally cost $125 per night. The hotel's are completely booked which just blow's my mind.

Little stands all over town selling those stupid paper glasses so people can stare at the sun while it gets covered by the moon.

People sure are stupid!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Solar eclipse

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We were unable to view spectacle. as thick overcast skies were prevalent throughout the deep south. Although we were on the outskirts we wouldn't have seen the total eclipse anyway, sad to know one has to live another twenty plus years to see the next one.. Oh well no one said that life was gonna be easy LOL :cheers: :rag: :lmao:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

IT WAS RESCHELDULED FOR TODAY ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

It was pretty good here. Sun came out and skies cleared long enough for people to view the totality. I'm not big on these events but even I found it rather cool.
SJ, pretty sure it will be another century until we have a complete solar eclipse, that's why folks were crazy enough to pay $1000 per night lodging.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:18 pm
SJ, pretty sure it will be another century until we have a complete solar eclipse...
Err...20 years T

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Nav, yes 20 years for the next US total eclipse, but it'll be a century before another occurs in my area.
It's kinda cool how NASA plot's the path iffin it's something of interest to you. As I mentioned, I'm not really into these things.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

We made an afternoon of it. Kinda had a mini picnic. lol Luckily the sky was clear, not a cloud. The event here was at 98.5% totality, and the world dimmed down quite a bit, but not dark. My grandson and his gal went up the road to 100% and he got a pretty good shot of the 'diamond ring'.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Cuban. Yep went 100% here and I did get a pic when it hit totality.. Like you said just a ring.
My wife was really looking forward to it and wwnt all out glasses and all.