Lost phone

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Lost phone

Post by Tbeck »

Dropped my cell in the tractor supply and some butthole took it.. It's old and locked so why they didn't turn it in is beyond me.
So I'm on my mini palm cell until my new cell arrives tomorrow.
You may wonder how I know some butthole kept it? I rang it a couple times using my wife's cell when I realized I had dropped it and went back to the store.. Rang several times like it should until going to voicemail.. Shortly after it would go straight to voicemail because someone shut it off.
I hate thieves and dishonest people.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Lost phone

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Amen to that T.
Thieves have no honor AND I CONSDER THEM THE SCUM OF THE EARTH :hellfire:

Years ago I purchased a 10 X 7 single axle trailer.. it filled every job it was designed for including hauling top soil, gravel, furniture, appliances etc etc that we had a need for. I had done some work on it with added struts from the axle to the frame facing forward, 3/4 inch treated plywood for the sides and front plus a lifetime license plate.
And especially for hauling our bikes that me and my Sweet Wife rode together. She has had chronic shoulder problems her entire life and on long distance trips of 250 miles or more she couldn't hang because of that, hence the trailer..
We used it numerous times with trips to other states and several National Parks and places of historical values. It was something that we could both enjoy and was the only way we could share our experiences together on two wheels on long extended trips.

That all changed when some low life a$$holes stole that trailer. I had sought and recieved permission to park it on a church parking lot right across from our home, I used three locking devices, one was a harden combination lock on the tongue, along with that I purchased two 25 Foot, 3/8 inch stainless steel with plastic covering cables, one was strung through both wheels with another harden keyed lock, and on top of that the other cable was strung though the 2 inch side pipe structure of the trailer and that was secured to a large oak tree right next to the trailer with another harden keyed lock. All for nothing..
Them A$$holes took everything and left no evidence of their crime... Of course this was done in the dead of night, That next morning I noticed it gone. I was besides myself with anger and dissapointment.
Reported the theft to the local police, and a robbery statement which I had to sign, every year they send me a paper to see if the stolen item has been recovered.. usless if you ask me..
The officer who took the report stated that it most likely was in another state and most likely with a stolen plate. he also stated that items such as these have a very low recovery rate as they are easily traded or sold in a different state and there was no way to track it.

it still irks me to no end.. And the officer who took the report was right when he told me that all the precautionary methods that I used to protect the trailer, all it did was keep an honest thief from stealing it.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: Lost phone

Post by Tbeck »

Got my phone back tonight. Seems it was in fact picked up by a young person and taken. His parents noticed him messing with the phone and asked him where it came from. After a couple failed attempts at deceiving them he came clean that he had found it at the TS and kept it.
Parents took him back to TS today and had him give it to the store manager so it could be returned to me. Manager got the whole story from mom, who I hear was very apologetic.
Anyhow my old beat up outdated doesn't receive updates anymore phone is home.