GREEN ENERGY

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

GREEN ENERGY

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

George Franklin says...
I should start by telling you what bonafides I have for writing this. I am a retired aerospace engineer. A literal rocket scientist if you will. I worked on MX (Peacekeeper) Space Shuttle, Hubble, Brilliant Pebbles, PACOSS, Space Station, MMU, B2, the Sultan of Brunei's half billion dollar private 747 with crystal showers, gold sinks and 100 dollar a yard coiffed silk carpets. I designed a satphone installation on prince Jeffry's 757. I did all of the design work for the structure of Mark 1V propulsion module currently flying on at least 3 spacecraft that I know of. Some of the more exciting projects I have worked on are not shareable. I am also am FAA certified glider pilot and FAI certified gold glider pilot. I fly both full scale and model sailplanes. I am Microsoft certified and ComTIA A+ certified.
SOLAR PANELS are at best about 20% EFFICIENT. They convert almost 0% of the UV light that hits them. None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum. At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun. This absorbed HEAT is RADIATED INTO THE adjacent ATMOSPHERE. It should be obvious what happens next. When air is warmed it rises. Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes. These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORNADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.
Solar panels are dark and and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated. This is known as black-body radiation. Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components. If they didn't do this they would fry themselves.
So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.
So I conclude with this. THERE IS NOTHING GREEN ABOUT GREEN ENERGY except the DIRTY MONEY flowing into corrupt pockets.
There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist. The technology doesn't exist. The engineering doesn't exist. We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: GREEN ENERGY

Post by navigator »

THIS is green energy!! :ShitGrinandThumb:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Say navigator,....what Drag Bike is that?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

It's one of those nitro Harleys that have no Harley parts in them.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Billy Jackson

[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Can't help thinking he'd probably get a few more hundredths if he lost 50 pounds.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

It's great to hear from a VERY Qualified Expert who isn't one of the $$$cientists who regurgitate what the mainstream's lying agenda.

Thank you Suzuki Johnny .In conjunction with Suzuki Johnny's Thread,...

Here's more about that;

California admits its reckless renewable energy dream is failing
Story by Zachary Faria

California admits its reckless renewable energy dream is failing©

California’s dream of renewable green energy has left the state worse off, and even California Democrats have recognized just how deep the failure runs.
California energy regulators on Thursday voted to extend the lifespan of the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by five years, moving the shutdown date from 2025 to 2030. The 2025 date was agreed to back in 2016 as California Democrats attempted to purge nuclear energy from the state’s grid.
It is yet another admission of failure by California Democrats in their embarrassing effort to turn the state into a wind- and solar-powered liberal paradise despite the technology being nowhere near making that possible. Diablo Canyon alone provides roughly 9% of the state’s electricity, leading even Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) to reverse his previous opposition to the plant and advocate its extension.

It isn’t just nuclear energy that is getting reevaluated either. Newsom went from campaigning to shut down the Aliso Canyon gas storage facility to pushing for it to be expanded. Natural gas comprised about 47% of the state’s energy in 2022, compared to just over 26% for wind and solar combined. This now marks four years of California turning to natural gas to avoid blackouts, with Newsom now taking a more proactive approach to avoid additional headlines about, for example, firing up temporary gas-field generators to keep the grid running.

Related video: There's a widening gap between climate ambitions and today's energy reality: Center on Global Energy Policy (CNBC)
Implicit in all of this is the admission that California’s renewable dream was a miserable failure. Knowingly or not, California Democrats recklessly pursued energy policies that would leave the state unable to provide consistently reliable energy for its residents. They didn’t have a plan to move on from natural gas or the nuclear energy provided by Diablo Canyon. They only had a dream toward which they wanted to plow forward regardless of the consequences, up until those consequences caused politically inconvenient headlines for Newsom and others about their inability to even keep the lights on.

The renewable energy dreams that Democrats are selling are frauds, and even California Democrats have shown that to be the case now. The rapid transition to unreliable forms of energy is not possible in its current, dreamed time frames. Voters should immediately distrust any politician following California’s model for ruining its energy grid in the name of climate change.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:07 am
It's great to hear from a VERY Qualified Expert who isn't one of the $$$cientists who regurgitate what the mainstream's lying agenda.

Didn't take much to refute this crap.....
I was scrolling Facebook the other day and saw a shared post about solar panels. The post was supposedly written by retired aerospace engineer George Franklin. In the post, Franklin argues that solar panels are only about 20 percent efficient. Worse still, they absorb heat from the sun, and warm air rises and is radiated out into the atmosphere. This, he argues, can cause thunderstorms and tornadoes.

“So I conclude with this,” he says. “There is nothing green about green energy except the dirty money flowing into corrupt pockets.”

I decided to do some research, beginning with George Franklin. It turns out that there is a retired aerospace engineer named George Franklin. However, he graduated from college in 1950, which would put him firmly in his 90s assuming he’s still kicking, and he also got a lot of his own biographical details wrong, so I’m going to guess he didn’t write this piece.

Next, I looked at the claim that solar panels are only 20 percent efficient. That’s pretty much true; it also doesn’t matter, given that we have about five billion years before an anticipated shortage of sunlight. Modern gasoline engines have an efficiency of anywhere from 20 to 50 percent, while photosynthesis is between 0.1 and 4.3 percent efficient and manages to support all life on Earth.

But will solar farms raise temperatures and cause thunderstorms and tornadoes? I doubt it, considering that asphalt parking lots and highways are also big dark things that reflect heat and they don’t seem to change the weather. There is such a thing as the urban heat island effect, which causes cities to be slightly warmer than surrounding rural areas because of the lack of vegetation and the heat reflected by masses of buildings and asphalt, but this has actually been shown to decrease incidents of tornadoes, not increase them.

Whenever the topic of alternative energy pops up, there are a whole lot of folks who are deeply invested in downplaying its usefulness. I hear the same arguments over and over again.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

More of THE TRUTH about the lies the main-stream agenda publishes gets revealed;

Green Breakdown: The Coming Renewable Energy Failure

By Steve Goreham
Published September 6, 2023
First published at Master Resource

Do you think that wind, solar, and batteries can replace the hydrocarbon fuels that power our modern industrialized society? A new book, Green Breakdown, shows why the Net Zero agenda—a forced transition to renewable energy—is costly, dangerous, and destined for failure. Using science, economics, and in-depth analysis, the book exposes the weaknesses in the planned green energy transition and predicts a coming renewable energy failure.

Green Breakdown is a complete discussion of all facets of the proposed renewable transition, including power plants, home appliances, electric vehicles, ships, aircraft, heavy industry, carbon capture and storage, and the hydrogen economy. Charts, graphs, and references to numerous studies are used to support the analysis. At the same time, the large collection of cartoons, images, and quotes grabs the attention of the reader.

From the Green Breakdown introduction:

“An engineer who attended one of my recent presentations told me his wife had returned her electric vehicle (EV) to Tesla, the manufacturer. Her EV would not charge during the cold Cleveland winter of January 2022. Also in January, more than 100 insurance companies sued Texas electrical grid operator ERCOT because of the grid failure that happened in February 2021 due to the cold weather. The failure resulted in hundreds of deaths and tens of billions of dollars in damages. Former Swiss Environmental Minister Simonetta Sommaruga, seeking ways to reduce energy use, recently advised people to ‘shower together.’ These examples point to growing problems with the world’s rush to transition to renewable energy.”

Use this link to read the rest of the book’s introduction: Introduction.pdf (secureserver.net)

Green Breakdown alerts the reader to these and other questions:

After almost $4 trillion spent globally on renewable energy from 2000 to 2018, why were coal, oil, and natural gas still providing 81 percent of world energy in 2018, the same share as in 1991?

If electricity produced by wind and solar is cheaper, why do Denmark and Germany, the European nations with the most wind and solar capacity per person, have the highest electricity prices?

Since electricity produced by burning biomass emits at least 50 percent more carbon dioxide per megawatt of power than burning coal, why is biomass considered zero emissions?

If global warming makes storms more frequent, why does data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration show that hurricane land falls in the United States have been slightly declining since 1850?

Since less than five watt-hours of every million watt-hours of US electricity consumption are stored in grid-scale batteries, how can batteries solve the problem of wind and solar intermittency?

Here is text from the conclusion of Chapter 10 of Green Breakdown, which is titled “Energy Crisis and the Seeds of Failure”:

“Output from nuclear power grew rapidly from 1956 to 1980. Leaders projected that nuclear would become the dominant source of global electricity. But the nuclear industry ran into cost, safety, and waste concerns as it grew larger. Similarly, wind, solar, and EVs have grown quickly and are projected to dominate the world’s energy systems. When energy sources are small, they can grow rapidly with little negative effect on the overall energy system. But as they grow larger, negative side effects can slow and then halt penetration.

Wind and solar now face mounting problems with poor electrical power reliability from intermittency, local opposition to vast land requirements, transmission infrastructure shortages, and rising electricity bills for rate payers. Electric vehicles encounter rising battery metal costs and charging issues. Biofuels require increasing amounts of land and provide negligible emissions reductions. Accelerating demands for mined metals and rising end-of-life wastes for wind, solar, and EVs sprout as major cost and environmental issues. The push for carbon capture and hydrogen fuel faces insurmountable cost, transport, and scale barriers. With all these problems and the negative side effects, the transition to renewable energy is headed for failure.”

Green Breakdown, like my other books, contains many quotes from scientists, political and business leaders, environmental groups, the United Nations, and other organizations. My website contains an updated list of more than 800 eco-quotes in 37 categories, compiled from the four books. You can find this eco-quote list here: Eco-Quotes – Steve Goreham

Here are a few quote examples from the website:

“Utah School Gives Kids ‘Disgusting’ Insects to Eat in Class for Climate Assignment on Cows Killing Earth” —Fox News, Mar. 6, 2023

“Increased levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) have helped boost green foliage across the world’s arid regions over the last 30 years through a process called CO2 fertilization, according to CSIRO research.” —Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, July 3, 2013

“Bill Gates Issued a Stark Warning for the World: ‘As Awful as This Pandemic is, Climate Change Could be Worse’” —Business Insider, Aug. 5, 2020

“Adults keep saying, ‘We owe it to the young people to give them hope.’ But I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear that I fear every day. And then I want you to act. I want you to act as if you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house was on fire because it is.” —Greta Thunberg, panel presentation at the World Economic Forum, Jan. 25, 2019

“California Asks Residents Not to Charge Electric Vehicles, Days After Announcing Gas Car Ban” —MyStateLine.com, Aug. 31, 2022

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Nice to see you found another "expert" after the first one turned out to be bogus :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And the experts I post keep on putting out THE TRUTH about the so-called,...'green energy"..

Why wind and solar power are running out of juice
By Social Links forJonathan Lesser
Published Sep. 2, 2023,

Green energy and the push to electrify everything have been in the news recently but for all the wrong reasons.
Instead of the green energy nirvana politicians and green energy advocates have promised, economic and physical reality has begun to set in.
Start with the economic realities.

Wind turbine manufacturers like Siemens and General Electric have reported huge losses for the first half of this year, almost $5 billion for the former and $1 billion for the latter.

Among other problems, turbine quality control has suffered, forcing manufacturers such as Siemens and Vestas to incur costly warranty repairs.

In Europe, offshore wind output has been less than promised, while operating costs have been much higher than advertised.

Offshore wind developers in Europe and the US are canceling projects because of higher materials and construction costs.

In Massachusetts, Avangrid, the developer of the 1,200 MW Commonwealth Wind project paid $48 million to get out of its existing contract to sell power to ratepayers.

That way, the company can rebid the project next year at an even higher price.

Close by, the developers of the 1,200 MW SouthCoast Wind Project off Martha’s Vineyard will pay about $60 million to exit their existing contract.

Rhode Island Energy, the state’s main electric utility, recently rejected the second Revolution Wind Project because the contract price was too high.

And Ørsted, the Danish government-owned company that is developing the Southfork Wind and Sunrise Wind projects off Long Island — as well as the Ocean Wind project off the New Jersey coast — last week announced that, without additional subsidies and higher contract prices, it will have to write-off billions of dollars in potential losses.

The result: Even though Siemens Energy CEO Christian Bruch insists that “energy transition without wind energy does not work,” 2022 saw 16% less new wind-power capacity than in 2021, according to the American Clean Power Association.

In New Jersey, the legislature passed a law in July, which is likely unconstitutional, to bail out Ørsted.

The legislation will award the company with several billion dollars of investment tax credits that were supposed to go to consumers.

But now Washington State has the highest gas prices in the entire country.

Now Washington State has the highest gas prices in the entire country.

Back on dry land, opposition to siting land-gobbling wind and solar projects continues to grow.

Local governments in Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio have all rejected or restricted projects.

Rural communities, it seems, do not want to host massive turbine farms — nor the high-voltage transmission lines needed to deliver electricity to power-hungry cities.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

More selective outrage from the forum jester :clap:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Soylent Green is is recycled gives you energy and green

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

And what Jonathon Lesser says makes it clear. 'green energy' is NOT green.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

FallenAngel wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 pm
Soylent Green is is recycled gives you energy and green
Haven't seen that movie but it sounds pretty wild.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:00 pm
Haven't seen that movie but it sounds pretty wild.
Over population Mass world wide hunger Assisted suicides
Only thing missing is zombies

Its worth a glance

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

It's people!
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:42 pm
It's people!
If your going to say it
At least say it like you mean it

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

Is that better?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Pertaining to what Suzuki Johnny first posted,...here's how. Green this so-called 'green energy' REALLY is;