TYPICAL EARLY SUMMER WEATHER

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

TYPICAL EARLY SUMMER WEATHER

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I say typical but usually we get more scattered showers this time of year. It's been a wet spring in the deep south with torrential rainfall, strong southerly winds and a few tornadoes thrown into the mix, as of this writing our fair city for the month of May 2024, has experienced a tad bit more than usual with 12+ inches of rainfall in the last 22 days..a record for sure.
But for now Mother Nature has smiled down upon us with the fairest of weather with if this trend continues will develop into a drought for sure..
We are a few inches behind our usual rainfall totals for the year but rapidly catching up.

Perfect riding weather along with ideal temperatures for a round of good golf. :ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers: :rag:

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: TYPICAL EARLY SUMMER WEATHER

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Sort of speaks for itself doesn't it :ShitGrinandThumb:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Alas we are getting some early summer weather with the occasional afternoon thunder boomers!

Life is indeed Grand in Cajun Land :ShitGrinandThumb: :cheers: :rag:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

What a difference a week makes... of course I'm referring to the Gulf Coast where the weather changes every 10 minutes or so..

Now this is more like a typical deep south weather early summer pattern :ShitGrinandThumb:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

What is the humidity on those days???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Herb wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:31 pm
What is the humidity on those days???

Anywhere from 90 to 100%.. on dryer days it's hovers around 85%

Only times we experience low humidity is after a cold front pays us a visit, then it's 50%

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I and my wife have trouble breathing in high humidity. I never used to be that way but my wife's Asthma gave her real fits when we lived in coastal NC.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
Bike in shop for repair
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

BUT !

THEY DON'T GET SNOW .... NONE
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

HARRIS wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:28 am
BUT !

THEY DON'T GET SNOW .... NONE

Well, it happens about every ten years or so and if I had my druthers it wouldn't happen at all :ShitGrinandThumb:
It's no good for riding or playing golf but it does make for some strange and different pictures.
Down in the deep south we occasionally receive a dusting of the white stuff..
In December of 2017 the Good Lord blessed us with 2 inches of snow, which most Yankees call this a dusting and I'd go along with their assessment.