Where are you riding now?

Keep it civil
Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Where are you riding now?

Post by Jolsen »

2nd weekend after the 4th. :thumbup: Jay Cook state park.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

2nd weekend after the 4th? That would mean I have time to come back to Okla do what needs to be done get my July SS payment and head back up north. That is doable. :thumbup: Now all I need is to get my azz in gear and get that smaller and lighter trailer made for the 800. :clap: Of course I may not have the 800 when next July comes around. I am going over to Shawnee Ok tomorrow and look at a couple bikes and one is a 2005 1400.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

2005? Must been a carry over. In 2005 they became the s83. If I may I suggest avoid the twin cities. Take wi-35, then cross over the great river road. Once you get north of the twin cities.
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Crap, I can't remember what the ad said. I just know it is a 1400. Since I can't afford the new stuff and do my trips on what I get from SS I buy the old stuff. Hell I can't afford the trips but I'm going to do them anyway. :lolfall: Not sure how I will go up but by passing the twin cities sounds like a good idea.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

John I ride a 99 for much the same reasons.

Midol it was way more than a name change. Diffrent risers for drag handle bars instead of the buckhorns which we came externally wired instead of internally wired, also the fake air cleaner which became the new hiding place for the tool kit as the sissy bar was deleted and became an option. Further more the seat became a 1 PC instead of 2 PC among other changes that were made.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Here is a pic of the 1400 or S83 I am going to look at and the ad below it.
http://www.sehornyamaha.com/new_vehicle ... ov=3347443

And the other one I am wanting to look at.
http://www.sehornyamaha.com/new_vehicle ... ov=2665157

There is another dealer just down the road I will visit also and he has a few interesting bikes as well. :thumbup:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

My choice would be the C90
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

BTT for the riding you are taking about I would take the c90 over the s83. Especially if you weigh over 150.JMHO

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:Yeah probably for doing distance riding, the C90 would be the better choice. I've never taken my 1400 on a long trip, but I imagine it might not be the best machine for the job. For what I do ride, it suits me just perfect.
I took my 1400 on a long trip once, ONCE. And it was only 300 miles each way. Never again. Ever.
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I think nothing of doing 700 miles in a day on my 1400. But a bigger heavier bike gets blown around less and leaves me less sore and tired the next day. Hints why I want a 2nd bike.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Personally I don't see much difference in taking a long trip on the 800 and taking a long trip on the 1400. I just think the 1400 would handle the trailer better than the 800 does. :uhh: I like that C90 but I would have to buy a new hitch and those things are not cheap. We are talking about $300 before taxes, s&h and any other thing they can add on. :bang: This is just a look see thing to see what is out there and see if I can afford any of it. :cheers:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

With the c90 you could pull your trailer and another trailer with the 800 on it and still be pulling less weight then 1 princess mo

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

Kansas City area. I take day trips of a few hundred miles around the area all directions to visit friends & family. I'm hoping for longer trips next summer.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I'm glad you guys had a good ride and that the weather's still holding out for you. I hope you and RK can share many more miles while you can this year.

It truly saddens me RK feels the way he does. I have a great respect for the man and wish him well always.
As far as BP? goes, if that is true, I'd like to know about it.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

cheapcookies wrote:Roadking and I took a ride up through the Adirondacks yesterday. Stopped in Inlet and caught up. This picture was taken at the parking lot in Inlet - Arrowhead.
Also had a conversation about this board. He says he's not coming back. I tried to soften him up but he seems resolute. He mentioned somebody followed him from IA here and ragged on him, but used the initials BP. ??? Dunno.

Anyway, it was a great afternoon ride, plenty warm (high 70s) and this whole week looks good.

-cc
:lolfall: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Hey, Suzi riders… That would be RoadKing, capital K. Got it?

Glad I came back briefly to have a look. Don't have a clue about BP coming to this board. :lmao:
Seems things get just as screwed up in eye to eye conversation as they do in this ridiculous world
of text! :lmao: Said that first coming to this board was refreshing in that no one was following me around calling me a liar. But other matters and things said here I find worse. Things said that would
never be said in real life. In virtual life people get downright rude and disrespectful and I don't see the point nor do I want to see the point. The only way I can reside here is to have tough skin so I don't get my feelings hurt? Fuck you.

My salient memory of the afternoon ride was a big young dude in an F150 cutting me off in my slow arthritic efforts to approach a gas pump, followed by screaming at me and name calling. What happened to respect for elders? Bothered me a lot. A young RK would have not taken that, but now my crippled old body has to be ruled by a calmer mind. Only way I could have fought that dude was a ready available .38
in his skull… not good… just gotta eat crap from people like that in real life as well. Still bothers me.

Going back over to the other board cuz at least there are some Harley people over there. And, don't
forget, Suzis, it's RaodKing, capital K. Oh, yeah, great pic, Cheap! How come you relegated that beautiful Road King to marginal status? I wouldn't treat you or any other Suzi rider's bike that way! :fu:

RoadKing
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

If BP ever shows up here, him and Mantis are very likely gonna have a 'lil' talk about how things are here. Same goes for several others that currently live at IA as well. I'm pretty tolerant, Dude is more strict but likes tinkering with the board more than anything, Mantis has no sense of humor and all it takes is a text message to get him online.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I could say some really derogatory things about the man. But, I'll refrain. He's treated me like shit on IA for as long as I can remember and I really hate it when he pulls the, 'cocksucker' card. And another thing I think is funny is that he seems to think he's got some sort of, 'copyright' to the word or something. HAHAHA :lmao: I once told him to take his copyright and shove it up his ass 'cause it don't mean shit to me. I tried many times to be nice to the guy in hopes that he'd warm up to me a bit and for a short time, it seem like it was working, then well you just can't change a person now can you? I won't say I hate the man, but there is a very strong dislike for him.

Sorry for ranting,

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Can we get back on topic? :uhh: :lolfall:

Took a trip to eastern okla about a week ago to take some pics of a memorial to JFK. Seems he dedicated a road here and I didn't know a thing about the memorial until I rode passed it just riding roads I have never been on. The road I was on is at the southern side and the bottom of the mountains of the Talimena drive so it is a road I don't normally travel. The Talimena drive and this road end up at the same place, Mena, Ar. There are a lot of roads in Okla I have to travel that I have never seen. I have lived in this state almost my whole life and I have never been to the panhandle. I lived in the panhandle of Texas, but I have never visited the panhandle of Okla. :bonk: I have never seen the Little Sahara desert in central western Okla. I think next year me and my trailer have some places to visit right here in our own state and it won't cost an arm and a leg to do it. :clap: :cheers: