Where are you riding now?

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: Where are you riding now?

Post by RoadKing »

98VS1400 wrote:
RoadKing wrote:I ride NYS. Bummer. Homesick, clinical. I would love to be riding the Pinnacles right now.
Whereabouts in NYS? I grew up in Watertown. Ever been?
Yepper. In fact, my favorite ride is up state highway 12 to Lowville, then 26 to the river where it runs into 12, turn left and on down to Watertown on 12 and back to Lowville and south back to the Mohawk Valley. A beautiful afternoon on good roads, few stops, gorgeous farm country, corn, corn, corn, and corn! Love it. Two, sometimes three hundred miles on those two lane roads before I get back home to my dogs.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Designer wrote:My 'haunt' is along the Mississippi River from about Savanna, Ill. on up to Red Wing Mn. Mostly the Southwestern and Western Countryside of Wisconsin West of about Madison.
Oh, I bet that's some beautiful country there, for sure. Damn skeeters might be a problem though.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

They have paved a lot of footpaths, as well as wagon and logging roads on the Cumberland Plateau. Not many guardrails and plenty of deep ditches to help you pay attention. We got yellow center lines and white lines along the sides with rumble bumps to wake you up so you can see what is about to happen to you. Yesterday I rode the best part of the devils triangle from Lake City to Petros, TN ( Rte 116). At least it was daylight this time, and I was riding with another Nam vet on a Harley....Last time it was dark, and I was alone and scared ....well, it was dark, and I was alone.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

......but if you weren't scared, then you had a good time, no?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Jolsen wrote:Nice camper looks cozy. And think JohninOK did all that work when some culvert pipe is way easier lol.
The only problem is JohnInOkla didn't do any of the work on his. He bought it already built. :lolfall: You know there is something wrong with a lady that carries around a big ole shotgun shell like that. :lol: I do most of my riding in central Okla.it is nothing to write home about. :blink: But I do venture out to Ar. some and eastern Okla is nice also.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

:funnylast: "Shotgun Shell", now that ya mention it! :lmao: I still like it though.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, that is what it is a shotgun shell. :lolfall: I still have my smaller camper trailer that needs to be made so the bike can pull it.

I have my eye on a 89 Chevy Jamboree motorhome to sleep in when cold weather gets here. That is if I can ever get it over here to get it running properly. It would idle when sitting in her driveway but dies when you put it in drive. I know it has bad gasoline in it since it has been black tagged for 5 years, but I think the main problem is a vacuum leak. This might even be my ride when summer gets here. I could put the bike on the HF trailer and pull it to whereever I want to go.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hey! That sounds like a plan for ya. I lived in a small class, 'C' rig for six years while I was up in WA state. Sucked in the winter and everything froze up though. But, it worked out all okay in the long run.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

You have to learn how to not let them freeze up. :lolfall: I'm sure it is going to be a learning experience for me. As long as it doesn't get too cold this winter my propane heater should keep the MH warm enough to not let anything freeze. But they are saying this could be one of those cold winters with plenty of freezing temps. :bonk:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

When you live in an RV for six years, you learn things. Like, your 5gal LPG tank will run out in one day if the temps are -10f for a week straight. Snow and ice may keep you from getting a refill. Batteries don't like cold and won't give up much. If you're connected to the grid and your power goes out, yeah, fun times here. If your sewer pipe freezes, you might find yourself having to crap in a bag or coffee can. If you don't have a sewer pipe and only a holding tank, that gets real fun when it busts open from freezing. Catalytic heaters are your friend until they kill your from lack of oxygen.

It was fun times though, really!

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:bang: You had to bring up the freezing pipes didn't you? Well, the house I am staying in had frozen pipes last winter so that is no problem until they thaw out and you're not home to turn off the water. I had a kitchen floor that was flooded because the faucet froze and busted while I was gone overnight. This is going to be a learning winter no matter what. I will either stay in a MH or a TT and both have holding tanks and no real heaters except for the propane heaters I provide. :bonk: the heaters will take having a window cracked open about 1/4 inch to let in fresh air. I'm not sure what I will do about the bike when the cold gets here. :bonk:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

John, I would give you the link to the forum that saved my ass. BUT, if I do, you HAVE to promise me that'll you'll not forsake us here and still be a good guy, regular member, while you're freezing your ass off, swimming in crap trying to stay warm and using a heat gun on your bike that won't start because of the cold and still not being able to go anywhere anyway, because the roads are too treacherous to travel on and stay alive.

What say ye?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:John, I would give you the link to the forum that saved my ass. BUT, if I do, you HAVE to promise me that'll you'll not forsake us here and still be a good guy, regular member, while you're freezing your ass off, swimming in crap trying to stay warm and using a heat gun on your bike that won't start because of the cold and still not being able to go anywhere anyway, because the roads are too treacherous to travel on and stay alive.

What say ye?

Yo-
I say give me the link. :big grin: I'll still be a member of this place as long as you will have me. I get tired of the :bs: over at the other IA board and have to take some time off now and then, but I come back for more punishment. :bonk: As for not being able to ride the bike or drive in the winter.... that is a normal thing around here. At least it is for a couple of days during the winter since we haven't gotten much snow and ice the last couple of winters. But those times it does get bad it makes me wish I would have moved south. :lolfall:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Jolsen wrote:Nice camper looks cozy. And think JohninOK did all that work when some culvert pipe is way easier lol.
The only problem is JohnInOkla didn't do any of the work on his. He bought it already built. :lolfall: You know there is something wrong with a lady that carries around a big ole shotgun shell like that. :lol: I do most of my riding in central Okla.it is nothing to write home about. :blink: But I do venture out to Ar. some and eastern Okla is nice also.

Hey... There is nothing wrong with a gal has a little creativity about her. :blink:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

PCC wrote: Hey... There is nothing wrong with a gal has a little creativity about her. :blink:
I never said there was. As a matter of fact it is awesome what you have done. Some people have and some (like me :sad: ) don't.

ChefP
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1993 VS800

Post by ChefP »

I currently ride all over western NC, north SC & GA, east TN, southwestern VA and further when the mood strikes me. Or if there's a rally.
:cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

With this thread I'll be able to send pm's and ask if it ok to park the trailer (and me hehe) overnite when I hit the road next year. :clap:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Oh you can bet Flotida is on the list. Plans right now are to go east via I-10 so I can visit all the southern states and then up the east coast to where ever and come back to Okla via the northern states. Or it could be the other way around with me visiting Duluth first and then going east? :uhh: Which ever way Florida is on the list of states to visit. :thumbup:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

You know we are having a rally in Duluth next July. John I hope you can make it.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Really a rally in Duluth next July, that means I'll have to mark it on my calendar and make plans to come up for the 4th to watch the fireworks at the Harbor park. :thumbup: