How many miles/kilometers?

Keep it civil
KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: How many miles/kilometers?

Post by KAJUN »

Maybe we can rejuvenation this thread and bring it back to life...

mileage as of January 1st. 2019

I might , if I can think about it do a monthly posting..the summer months will have more miles for sure [emoji106]

What happened... I added to the post and it deleted the picture..now just where it's origin

mileage as of December 1st, 2019 11 months of riding
No long distance trips this year...just local rides...longest I remember was 360 miles or so
I'll add another thousand miles to this total this month easily.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Back yards full of snow, but I will snap a shot next time I go out there. Might be fun.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Haven't rode the 800 in over a year, but it still has over 130,000 miles on it. :clap:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

DOES ARM CHAIR MILES COUNT ?
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

HARRIS wrote:DOES ARM CHAIR MILES COUNT ?

Sure...makes it a bit difficult strapping it on the bike though [emoji106] :lmao: :lolfall:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

The problem being is how do we keep this thread current without pinning it

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Record breaking rain of all time in Ky. Last year and this one same so far. 19 degrees yesterday but roads looked dry so put my warmest on and did not use the elc for 17 mile one way to meet old bunch.One ice covered low spot and clutched and coast through two feet wide. Was only bike so got to give them the old..Lots of owners and a Few riders jab when walking in. At 72 now do a lot more just stay in when any ice.. :putput:

Skipper
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: S83

Post by Skipper »

old time rider wrote:Record breaking rain of all time in Ky. Last year and this one same so far. 19 degrees yesterday but roads looked dry so put my warmest on and did not use the elc for 17 mile one way to meet old bunch.One ice covered low spot and clutched and coast through two feet wide. Was only bike so got to give them the old..Lots of owners and a Few riders jab when walking in. At 72 now do a lot more just stay in when any ice.. :putput:
Paul! There's a thread about you here somewhere. Some folks concerned about your well-being due a lack of posts lately. Good to see that were just (as suspected) out riding :clap:

Still got your v-strom?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Woke up this morning with 3 inches of the white stuff. not taking the bike out today.

BTW, word of advice, never make snow angels in a dog park...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Skipper got two V storms now! So much for thining the heard! Still ride most every day if I go out. Play with the old 37 truck more just to keep it going. My only grandchild stops once a week to talk about a hour.He is 26 now and working lots of OT with CSX. Grand kids make every thing better. :putput:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

Well you need to figure out a way so we can find it on the first page.....just a suggestion..
Know you get pretty busy and all

Skipper
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: S83

Post by Skipper »

old time rider wrote:Skipper got two V storms now! So much for thining the heard! Still ride most every day if I go out. Play with the old 37 truck more just to keep it going. My only grandchild stops once a week to talk about a hour.He is 26 now and working lots of OT with CSX. Grand kids make every thing better. :putput:
Nonsense, can't have too many bikes [emoji2]
Good for you, it's right around 0 degrees and with a good 10" of snow here at the moment. Pretty mild really, but not still riding weather :bonk:
I ask about the v strom because I actually just picked one up last weekend. It's an '09 650 with abs. Did a lot of research and they seem like a real solid bike. I think I'm really going to enjoy it. Also, the guy I bought it from was named Paul, thought that was kinda funny. Anyways, when I'm less busy I should remind myself how to post pics and make a separate thread about the bike.
Good to hear you have family dropping in regularly, unfortunately my family is all scattered about pretty good, don't get to visit as often as I'd like.
Have a good one!

Oh, and to contribute something to the original topic.. the "new" (to me) v strom has about 113,000 km. currently.
I'm setting a conservative mileage goal of 10,000 km. I know that's not much for some of you but I've had a number of issues the last few years that kept me from hardly ever getting to ride. I'm determined to change that this year [emoji2]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

The one I rode to DeadHorse,Alaska is a 011.One got low mile used is a 09. Every ABS seen in 09 is gray. Mine does not have it.By 011 it came standard on all..Best all around bikes I ever owned.Do more stuff good,may not best but good. My 09 is lowered and at 72 did leave it that st as don't go off road any more by choice.Have been on some real bad gravel and bottomed out once were the 011 would have made easy.Easy on gas,so much power for a 650! Just put it in the red if need be it will take it. You will need a 12mm Allen for front axle as does not come in tool kit. Have fun.. :putput:

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by KAJUN »

mileage as of December 1st, 2019 11 months of riding
No long distance trips this year...just local rides...longest I remember was 360 miles or so
I'll add another thousand miles to this total this month easily.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I haven't rode the 800 in over two years. My miles per year is dropping like a rock in a pond. I have to get off my lazy ass and get that tire put on and get to riding. The last time I rode it was when I put the forward controls on the bike I bought off Bronx. I put them on went for a twn mile ride parked the bike and then the new DS tire came in and I have been trying to have it mounted ever since. I took it to the tire shop about a mile from me and he won't put enough air in it to pop the back bead. So it just sits in the yard. I am sure it needs new gas and the battery charged/changed. Blue locktite on the forward control bolts/nuts would be nice too.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: