How many miles/kilometers?

Keep it civil
RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Re: How many miles/kilometers?

Post by RoadKing »

An early morn ride on country roads to see all the new corn. 12K before breakfast. Before coffee even! Pics of OdeOmeter to follow. Yep.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Rode in reverse all day and now my bike reads 900 fewer miles.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

OK, so the year is almost up....time for updated dash shots!!! :rag:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

15,000KM recorded up to a couple of weeks ago and my speedo drive crapped out on me so around 16500 for the year.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I got a total of 132,000 plus miles on the 800. That doesn't include the 3 months I went without a speedo because of a broken cable. I probably need to get another one cause the speedo jumps (bounces) around 55 to 60 mph. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I don't ride as much as I used to back "when"...........so keeping track of how many miles I put on in a year isn't quite that important , to me anyways...but if that's what you're into that's fine..........We have several members in our HOG group that turn in their mileage every year to the local Harley shop and then Harley sends them a patch for every 10,000 miles they put on their scoot........ I just don't see the point in it
But to each his/her own

Oh by the way if anyone really wants to know...I have several thousand miles on my bike more than RoadKing has on his '13 Harley [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Well you know RK is living in the frozen white wasteland right about now too. I'm sure that puts a real damper on him gathering them miles.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

So as of today, December 31, 2016 my VS1400 has 36,541 miles on it. Roughly 3,000 miles in 18 months. My VL1500 has 13,465 miles on it and that is about 5,000 miles in around 18 months as well. So, maybe I get is almost 5,300 miles a year. Now I have a record at a point in time for both rides.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Oh by the way if anyone really wants to know...I have several thousand miles on my bike more than RoadKing has on his '13 Harley [emoji106]
And you know that how? Peeked? Well, were I a Bluesianna Man my own self I'd dang sure catch up!
Signifying nothing”

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Just took pics of the odo's on all five bikes. Be interesting to see again on 12/31/17.

torgy48
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: C90 Suzucki

Post by torgy48 »

me out since don't ride so much anymore. Besides will stay below zero F for some days this week. So it goes. peace

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

RoadKing wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:
And you know that how? Peeked? Well, were I a Bluesianna Man my own self I'd dang sure catch up!

Doing my best if not for all the rain we been gettin.....7 inches yesterday...more on the way tomorrow....
Hard to get in any substantial rides [emoji106]
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Rain is so much better than ice and deep snow.Rode in the rain three times last week but must say way less than seven inches!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Today more wet stuff is on the way ........ streets are clear for the moment but the added tornado watches in effect until 2 pm gives me cause.....
If it were not for that I'm sure we would have had a ride put together by now...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

old time rider wrote:Rain is so much better than ice and deep snow.Rode in the rain three times last week but must say way less than seven inches!

Wet streets aren't the problem here in the deep south....standing water and flooded streets sometimes up to 1 to 2 inches deep in places is what we put up with :blink:
It's not that bad the day after a 3 to 6 inch rain event not unless it's been raining for a few days prior...the ground is so saturated with run off there is no place for the water to go except to drain out into the tributaries.....and unlike some other places we are for the most part flat land country.....sometimes it takes several days after an extended rain event before we can venture out for a ride.....
During the catastrophic rain event that took place this last August in central Louisiana there were some hiways and byways that were either temporarily closed or shut down completely..... this is what Baton Rouge,La looked like during that terrible rain event
If you'll look close enough you can make out an outboard running down the center of the road way at the top of the pic..you might have to blow it up to see it but it's there...the boat is right above the left turn yield sign
we are situated in the southwestern part of the state and we were lucky as to not have the severe storms to pass our way.....But on several rides east we had to turn around and find another route to get to our intended destination...
but what the heck it was a ride so no one complained... [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

I knew a guy that all ways said "Its quality not quantity" .He put seven miles on his custom harley in one year! Hardley riders of all brands.My local dealer
told me cruiser riders average around 3,000 a year. When I am the only one of the old coots that ride to meet on a real cold day tell them this. Lots of owners and a few riders. When you are as old as us you get real thick skin as we all ride each other a lot :cheers: .The meeting often is really good for you ,even more so as you age IMO. Making new friends every year helps allso for me. :cheers:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

98VS1400 wrote:I'm late on this, but the flu kicked my ass for nearly 2 weeks. Sorry!

On January 1, 2016:

On December 31, 2016:

It was a good year. Zero problems with the bike! [emoji106]
Awesome!! and your fuel gage only dropped 2 bars. :shock:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

old time rider wrote:I knew a guy that all ways said "Its quality not quantity" .He put seven miles on his custom harley in one year! Hardley riders of all brands.My local dealer
told me cruiser riders average around 3,000 a year. When I am the only one of the old coots that ride to meet on a real cold day tell them this. Lots of owners and a few riders. When you are as old as us you get real thick skin as we all ride each other a lot :cheers: .The meeting often is really good for you ,even more so as you age IMO. Making new friends every year helps allso for me. :cheers:
If you have the quantity, the quality WILL happen. EVERY ride I go on has it's own quality.

I didn't get to ride much this year. What with the move to another state, remodeling the house, and other issues, the time just wasn't there. I think I ended up with something like 12 K miles.

however, every one of those miles were enjoyable.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Agree Herb.Since 1973 always put at least twice as many miles on my motorcycles as four wheel things. Last week a gal asked me do you own a car?Have had this asked many times over the years as they had never seen me in one.Some days before retirement would often be a hour or more late getting home just because a back road not taken in years looked good,then another off it.Then were in the hell am I!! In a truck or car just would not have felt near as fun.Plus you meet a lot of dogs that would not even look up at a car!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I remember one year we were overlaying a street in Seminole, Ok and every day we would see a guy come by on his Harley. Rain or shine he rode that bike and one day it was freezing rain and someone mentioned the fact he hadn't showed up. I told him to give the rider time as it's not as easy to ride during freezing rain with two wheels. About an hour later the freezing rain turned to snow and within 30 minutes here came the bikers on his Harley. :lolfall: I didn't want to be outside at work much less riding a bike in that weather. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: