May I have your attention, please.

Keep it civil
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

May I have your attention, please.

Post by YoDude »

Okay, my stress level is over the roof. People talking about leaving the site has me totally perplexed and I guess I'm just not understanding it well enough to keep things in order. So, I'll say my bit and then go do something else for a while.

When I started this site, it was with the intention of making it a better place to be than IA and yet, to also be a place the IA tech data could be preserved.

When I created the various forums, it was with the intent to make the site as a whole more organized than IA, giving everyone some basic places to post their topics so they could be easily found by everyone and not have everything all gobbledegooked all into just one main forum like it is on IA.

Some have given me thanks for creating this site and have stated what they'd like to see the site turn into, in hopes of a better place than IA.

Some seem discontented with how the site is structured and are suggesting revisions to the site.

We've already lost RK because of fucking BULLSHIT. RK is a man I have a deep and great respect for and to see him leave us just because of BS, is a sad thing to me indeed. He is probably one of the wisest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting on the internet and it hurts me to see him go. He's been driven away because of crap that just simply shouldn't have happened because of the lack of common curtsey toward something he believes very deeply about. I had real doubts he'd even come here, but he did and he gave us a try and was crushed in his heart and that DROVE him away from us. I have to post the questions, Did anyone get some orgasmic pleasure out of that? Does anyone actually feel good about that?

98 mentioned he had to also step away from the board for a while, because of more BULLSHIT. The same sort of crap that drove RK away. 98 is also a person I have great respect for and he's been more help around here in getting stuff done and to contribute to this site than most others have so far.

Now DM is talking the same sort of thing, leaving....Why? Well, I'm not exactly sure at this point, but probably because of more BULLSHIT.

Do you all see what I'm getting at here? It's called BULLSHIT! :hellfire:

Now, with that being said, I'll tell all of your straight up, I don't know what to do to make the BULLSHIT go away. :eek:

So, with that thought in mind, I'm going to leave it to YOU to tell me how you want this site run, what you want as structure of the site and just exactly how I should deal with all the crap. If you think we need a BULLSHIT forum, hey! I'm up for that. You guys want the political and/or religious forum removed? What ever YOU guys want, I'm up for that! I've said it before, I'll say it again, this site isn't about me or what I like. IT'S FOR THE USERS! So, here's your chance to make the site your own. Start polls if you have to. Get votes on the polls, send eachother PMs if you have to, but figure it out amongst yourselves because this site is about YOU, the USERS! What ever makes you happy I'm up for!

If you want a rule set, figure it out between yourselves what YOU want the rules to be and come up with a consensus that isn't full of BULLSHIT. I've tried to explain what I think the way things should be in order to make this a great site.

What ever you guys want is fine, figure it out so we stop losing any more members and start attracting more. If we need to get rid of something, start a poll and get the votes. If we need to add something, start a poll and get the votes. I'm up for it, are YOU?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: May I have your attention, please.

Post by Jolsen »

Structure is fine. Just need people to stay on topic. And keep topics in their correct locations. You don't respond in the tech section with clean cable ends, praise JESUS, install star washers. So don't do it elsewhere.

The above is an example I mean no disrespect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Kinda thought that's what I was doing Yo.

As for those wanting to leave, I thought membership was voluntary? RoadKing, as a loss, was a troubling one. I can say, I did make a sincere gesture of apology after the whole debacle. Seems as though others stepping away for one reason or another, isn't much more than a choice, based on one thing or another that they dislike. Only way to know for certain.

As far as help, I've offered mine, but here's my take on posting tech advice/threads. Most of my tech advice resides in my head. Which is why I think (and this feels like deja vu) we need people more than we need posts to things that can easily be tackled with a manual.

And finally, the FB page. I, like Yo, won't be contributing to it. This is due to lack of interest in FB and everything it stands for.

Dude
Site Admin
My Bike: Susuki VS1400

Post by Dude »

If users have a dislike for something, it should be presented to either Yo or myself, public or private.

-Dude

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

It is looking good so just hang in there and others will come. :thumbup:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

CC is pretty dead-on, I agree.
HOWEVER...I also agree that CC can pop out of the bushes and "snipe". I remember taking a .308 from him in the kneecap on IA last year!!!
So, as this site grows and becomes more frequented I will say....

:fubird: Fuck You, CC!!! Don't EVER talk shit to me again!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(I love being able to type swear words on here!!! :rock: )
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.