IA is broke again, lol

Keep it civil
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: IA is broke again, lol

Post by YoDude »

No kidding, I almost dread going there these days.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

YoDude9999 wrote:
ddog6900 wrote:Just trying to post tech responses, pages take forever to load, about every fifth time I get an error screen. I thought going back a month would get them a clean backup. Wrong again. Just wish there was a way we could funnel all the tech traffic directly here so I wouldn't have go back at all. All these PMs are getting old and not very productive getting them over here. Heck, the tech guys I invited don't even want to come over. Think the only ones I haven't invited yet is WintrSol and linesider. I will say though, none of the others I invited that give tech advice on a regular basis have made their way over.
Don't give up, just keep trying. Eventually, they will come. Our problem is that we don't have as high rating on google as IA does. They've been around for ages and we are very new.

I think this is something MC could possibly help out with if he's willing to offer up some tips and pointers.

Yo-
Links Pointing to Your Website- Post links to this site on other sites that Google also indexes. Do that on more than 5 other sites that you know Google indexes and do it consistently and your rank will climb. The bigger the site the better...just don't be a spammer...also, Keyword-laden links is extremely helpful. For example, a link with the text "Suzuki Motorcycles" pointing at your page will cause Google to think that your page is relevant when someone searches for "Suzuki Motorcycles" and THEN make sure the main page also contains the same words somewhere visible - "Suzuki Motorcycles"...Google then ranks your page higher when someone searches for "Suzuki Motorcycles"...get my drift?

Your Title Tag - the text that is sandwiched between the HTML <TITLE> tags in the <HEAD> section of the main page .html Put lots of info in there. For some reason Google seems to like seeing title tags.

Key words - make sure the main page has key words visible that you think people will search for. See why I moan about sub forums? Google doesn't like to have to dig to understand a sites content.

Use ALT tags on Images...something describing the image...google bots love that and save that info...this makes your images that you share here rank higher....Google has no idea what the content of the picture is...tell google using the ALT tags. On my server I allow uploading of images for the purpose of storing them on my server locally and DEMAND people use an ALT tag on them. The biggest reason why this boosts page rank is that software used by the blind need that info so they know what is on their screen...google tends to push these users to sites heavy on ALT tagging. I know, odd thing to do, even sounds trivial..but DO IT.

All of these things combined only "helps" with the ranking of your pages content. Just remember...the more information you can display/provide Google crawlers/scrapers...the better Google likes your website and content.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

As an example...there is NOTHING on the main landing page that says this is a motorcycle forum. There is nothing that describes the type of content. Look at it, pretend like you are somebody trying to figure out what the website is for.

See?
-DBTO

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

MadCow wrote:As an example...there is NOTHING on the main landing page that says this is a motorcycle forum. There is nothing that describes the type of content. Look at it, pretend like you are somebody trying to figure out what the website is for.

See?
Hmm, all I see is it is a site for beginners. Beginners doing what I don't know. :lolfall: Once this site becomes well know it will be over come by the riff raff from IA. I just hope they don't hang around once they find out who owns this place and it isn't them. :big grin:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

MC, okay....I'm working on it, slowly but surely.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out exactly where the index.htm file containing the, header and title tags are located on the server. Typically, it's found on the site's main index.html page in the root folder, but in looking on the server, I don't see one. I'm probably just not looking in the proper place. The only thing I'm seeing in the public_html folder (which contains the .htaccess file) of the site is an index.php file. That doesn't help as it just pertains to the board itself and the the site directly. There are other folder that do contain index.html files and a few of them actually have some script in them, others are zero bytes long. I suppose I could just edit one of them and see if it makes a difference on the goggle result page when searching for us. I'm tired of seeing, "Intruders-Alert.com - Index-page". It makes us look stupid.

Yo-

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

It should be in the index.php
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Ok then, I'll dig through it and see if I can find anything.

Yo-

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

YoDude9999 wrote:Ok then, I'll dig through it and if I can find anything.

Yo-
For now, change the "Stick Around were just getting started" comment to something Motorcycle related...
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Can do....Just got up, need coffee...

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Home of the Intruder Boulevard Owners Group.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Jolsen wrote:Home of Suzuki Intruder Boulevard Owners

Changed it a bit..
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Sibo I kinda liked ibog better lol

VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.