What's the Best Mod to Your Bike?

Keep it civil
PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Re: What's the Best Mod to Your Bike?

Post by PCC »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:PCC, thanks for the link. That appears to be 1/2 what the other kits cost and does the same thing. At one time I was thinking of getting a VW trike and even came up $1000 short of $10,000 needed to buy a brand new one a guy had just built. I guess I should have tried harder to get him to sell it, but I didn't. Anyway, this is an option if I can't get the true trike kit for the 800. :thumbup: I know they are out there I see them pop up on ebay now and then, but I don't seem to have the money at the time. This is just a mod that will have to wait for another time. :cry:
There is a guy in our area that builds custom trikes... he has one like this one he is trying to sell for 6K. Only difference is it is painted green and is a 6cyl. Looked pretty cool the one he had there at our group ride and he had a pic of the one he was selling...

Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Thanks for the info and the pic. I have to ask is there any real difference in the way your trike handles from how the Blue Goose handled? I know the trike has more power, but what I am interested in is the handling.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Thanks for the info and the pic. I have to ask is there any real difference in the way your trike handles from how the Blue Goose handled? I know the trike has more power, but what I am interested in is the handling.
There is a big difference in handling from Blue Goose and GW Trike. The Blue Goose had no fork adjustnment so it was a tug / pulling in curves. Very hard to handle for all day riding curves. If it had been raked out I think it would been better.
The GW Trike is a breeze. Could turn with one finger. Of course the ride is smoother with air shock too.
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, I expected the GW trike to be easier to ride since it was built as a trike. I also understand about the hard steering on the 800 without the rake. I guess I will have to go do some test rides and see if the trip trike can do what I want it to. Come to think about it the trip trike can be taken off when not out on the road doing long trips. That might be worth thinking about. :ahha:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

PCC wrote: There is a guy in our area that builds custom trikes... he has one like this one he is trying to sell for 6K. Only difference is it is painted green and is a 6cyl. Looked pretty cool the one he had there at our group ride and he had a pic of the one he was selling...

hmmm, I could put a full size teardrop behind that and go anywhere in the U.S. without any problems. :ahha: It would be ok for the rainy Seattle area, the sunny California area, the upper mid-west to see the big ships, just where ever I wanted to go. :clap:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

"Adam had 'em"

Worlds shortest poem?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

cheapcookies wrote:
dm1400 wrote:On your bike, what mod or upgrade is your favorite? getting the Mustang Wide Touring seat. I can ride for hours & feel great at the end of the ride
Same seat for me. #1 best change.

-cc

Amazing what a good seat does for you! :thumbup: