When did the country go completely insane?

Keep it civil
Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: When did the country go completely insane?

Post by Jolsen »

1912 started it all. Been easing on the gas ever since . Then when they got away with the biggest false flag ever 9/11 they floored the pedal.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

Jolsen wrote:1912 started it all. Been easing on the gas ever since . Then when they got away with the biggest false flag ever 9/11 they floored the pedal.
What happened in 1912? I can't disagree, but I'm not sure what you are referring to.

I think it has more to do with the state of men. We can extend one another mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Or we can deny the need for those things and try to enshroud ourselves in regulation and law. The intent of mans laws has been is to mandate and regulate behavior. If we could just get everyones needs met, ya know, From each according to their ability, to each according to their need.

Once we mandate and regulate the balance, we will have arrived. Utopia, Nirvahna, Valhalla, heaven, inner peace.
Did the sunshine just get brighter, the breeze become lighter, my burdens aand cares fall away?

Aah, No. gas pain.

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

98VS1400 wrote:Ok, the title is a bit dramatic. I admit it. But, seriously, when did this country go so insane that it thinks a man should lose his job over something like using a switch on his kid? They're (the public and media) are even calling for this guy to do prison time. 3-5 years I'm hearing! You gotta be kidding me, right?

Take this article for instance:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -peterson/
Don’t be surprised if Vikings change course on Peterson
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT

On Monday, the Vikings were unequivocal about the decision to let running back Adrian Peterson play in Week Three. In the wake of that decision, the criticism has been unanimous, loud, and growing.

As a result, there’s already talk that the Vikings could change course and not let Peterson play on Sunday. Don’t be surprised if that happens.

It would be a curious turn of events, an admission that the Vikings got it wrong and an example of an NFL bowing to overwhelming pressure from the media, fans, and sponsors. But as the saying goes, wisdom often never makes an appearance.

It’s better that wisdom show up late than not at all.
I am not an advocate of using physical punishment on a child that results in bodily injury, so in my book, there was a bit too much force used on this kid. But, I do not think what Peterson did was criminal. I guess the part that makes me so mad is the "public" is all the sudden all high and mighty on issues like this and the domestic violence case with Ray Rice.

Is it just that these incidents made the news that everyone feels they need to weigh in on it? I mean, if you took any football game on a Sunday and were able to have little pop up screens over the players that told you of what they did wrong in just the past 24 hours, there would be nobody left to play football. They'd be in prison!

Not to mention, what if we able to see every single thing each of us has thought or done which was wrong? I'm a little tired of people acting like they're angels and do nothing wrong. Granted, not everything we do would wind up putting us in jail, but that isn't the attitude people are taking nowadays.

Call the Glass Doctor, there are a bunch of glass houses breaking.
So if you don't think he did was criminal, what was it? He inflicted physical harm upon his child. At what point does it become criminal?? I take it from your post that you condone a certain amount of physical harm as being appropriate. Is the limit when bruises appear, when blood flows, when bones are bruised, twisted or broken???

I don't condone physically harming a child as any form of punishment or obediance training. Discipline through proper teaching and making the child aware of the consequences of their actions.

And, no, I've have never struck either of my children. Raised them by having meaningful discussions with them. If you treat them as humans with intelligence, they will react as humans with intelligence.
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Not sure of the exact date, but around the Roswell Incident, I think. Thats when they dropped of hillarious clinton and a few more...looks like they ain't coming back.

Nothing, repeat, NOTHING that a 4 year old child can do warrants a punishment that breaks the skin. It is obvious that these parents have a different agenda than mere discipline. I don't care who you are, or how much you earn, if anyone can get away with behaviour like this, then justice is truly blind, and those whose job it is to protect are not protecting.
A couple in my county was just indicted for killing a 17 month old child which was removed from them once before. They managed to get the child back in May, and killed the child in June. The father of the murdered child is the nephew of a deputy sheriff. About a year ago, it was an 11 month old that died under mysterious circumstances within 5 miles of the same town. You or I would have been in jail for months, and would deserve to be.
This football player that I never heard of might well be rehabilitated with a strong dose of his own medicine. Ah, but he is elevated above justice for being an "entertainer" and a protected minority. I am not amused. Where is the child now, and where was the mother then? The child is more valuable than Michael Vicks dogs, don't you think? Or don't you think?
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

The country went insane 21Apr43.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Wasn't that like your birthday?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.