Now ain't this a pile of el crapo

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Now ain't this a pile of el crapo

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Well this discussion went no where......hi Randy.............Hi Tom.......................(silence) :rag:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Another hi-jacked thread LOL.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I once had a 40 Ford coupe which backfired through the carburetor and set the top of the engine on fire thus melting the plug wires and blistering the hood paint.

...but that's off topic...and I apologize... but not really.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Old gear head talk is ok anywhere [emoji106] .Got any pics of the 40 forty coupe?Was it a Deluxe?Like both but like the 39 Deluxe even better with it being last year for crank out windshield in Ford cars that I know of.Now that you sold your 55 2DS with the wagon rear bumper whats your old ride?Man I ask a lot of questions! :bonk:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Cool it, Yo the Dude is watching. [emoji41]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:I once had a 40 Ford coupe which backfired through the carburetor and set the top of the engine on fire thus melting the plug wires and blistering the hood paint.

...but that's off topic...and I apologize... but not really.

:funnylast: :lmao:
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Page 2, what was the topic of this thread? :uhh: [space] :OhNo;
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Pick a topic...this could go anywhere...just remember the future of Harley Davidson rests in your hands...
once you commit there is no turning back..... :rag:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Pick a topic...this could go anywhere...just remember the future of Harley Davidson rests in your hands...
once you commit there is no turning back..... :rag:
Well, there are two falsehoods I know of.... one is when you go black and the other is about owning a harley. Now it wasn't a true 100% Harley as it was a 69 sporty, but it did have the Harley name on it and I now own a Suzuki and proud of it. the other wasn't about me, but she did go back to white guys. Saying something about those crazy black guys and the disrespect she was getting. :blink: [space] :uhh: [space] :XmasTree:

prsavage
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Post by prsavage »

My 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 (67 cu in) ran quite warm too. Warm enough to need to move my leg away on occasion. It would feel extremely hot if I ever rode in shorts, i'my sure. Being a rider of average intellect, when I feel my leg getting warm because i'm sitting like a dumbass with my leg too close to the heat source, my reaction would be to slightly adjust my leg position. I definitely wouldn't wait until my pants caught fire in the hopes of a jackpot lawsuit payday. The guys trying for this class asshat action lawsuit sound like real jerks.

My questions are how long have they owned their bikes? Have they owned any other bikes from HD in the specified years? What other air cooled bikes have they owned and ridden in that manner that ran at substantially cooler temps?

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Let's see if they get a jury or judge that has any idea about an air cooled bike. With some of the judgments I have heard of being handed out HD could be in for a whole lotta trouble. I read about the guy that was breaking into the school and fell thru the skylight, sued and won (millions).Then there was the drunk that ran off the road and hit a telephone booth, sued and won (millions) . Just a couple to give you something to think about :uhh: .... oh and there is the lap of hot coffee we all know about. :bonk:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I got stuck on the Interstate with my Intruder, behind a wreck that closed both lanes, and both were being merged to the shoulder. We moving a tad below walking speed, and boy let me tell you how hot an air cooled engine can get at that speed! After about two miles of that I got as far to the right on the shoulder as I could get, given that everyone else was there, and plowed ahead. Mercifully, around the next corner was the wreck site, and I could speed up and cool off!