Now ain't this a pile of el crapo

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Now ain't this a pile of el crapo

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

As if these assholes didn't know that before they made their purchases...frivolous lawsuits at best...

Harley Davidson Will Face Class Action Over Hot Engines
A defective products class action lawsuit against Harley Davidson, filed by four bikers who allege their Harley Davidson motorcycles were defectively designed, can go forward.

The class action lawsuit claims that the Harley Davidson engines run so hot that they pose a constant danger to riders in that the engines cause burns and are therefore not fit for their intended use.

The complaint alleges that since 1999, Twin Cam 88, 96, 103 and 110 cubic inch engines in Harley motorcycles produce severe, excessive heat causing clothing to catch on fire, burn injuries and the danger of burn injury to riders and passengers as well as overheating causing premature engine wear and in models manufactured after 2006, transmission failure.

Although Harley Davidson asked the Eastern District of California court to throw out the claims under state law, a U.S. District Judge sided with the bikers. The recent ruling allows the case to move forward, and Harley Davidson will now face Class Action Certification process at the end of the month.

Next Post >

http://www.motolikes.com/harley-davidso ... t-engines/
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Now ain't this a pile of el crapo

Post by YoDude »

That judge needs to be removed from his seat. He probably doesn't understand that these idiots are probably using their bikes for burn outs and pulling wheelies in front of an audience. I've seen these guys doing their burnouts and yeah the bikes get hot as hell and I've heard them saying, yeah man, my bike's running too hot. Well what do you expect after doing a 2 minute burnout with almost no air flow over the engine? And how is it that they could claim it as, "Intended use"? anyway...The judge is a total dip shit.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Gives a whole new meaning to Liar Liar Pants On Fire. [emoji2]
Hey, Yo! Dude, how bout that Fourth of Who Lie celebration in Hollister? Man, I've seen it near a hunnert degrees at that time and the only thing got my or any one else's Harley ridin ass hot was all the poon tang. Yar?
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Dumb asses. Three things people don't seem to understand here...

1. It's air cooled....they will run hotter when your putt putt around the neighborhood.

2. There are looser tolerances on air cooled engines...which counteracts the break down of oil on these hotter running engines to match those conditions of a liquid cooled engine. Same fukin design for decades...

3. The EPA has a HUGE hand in this....to pass EPA emissions, they have to lean the motors out a bit to pass factory emissions standards..
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Even the air/oil cooled VS1400 runs hot from the factory...
-DBTO

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

MadCow wrote:
2. There are looser tolerances on air cooled engines...which counteracts the break down of oil on these hotter running engines to match those conditions of a liquid cooled engine. Same fukin design for decades...
With the advent of CNC the tolerances have tightened on Harley air cooled motors to the point that since 1984 they are called bullet proof and each new purchase comes with long term factory guaranteed warrantees.
"Same fukin design"? Damn right, and one that was guaranteed extinct 40 years ago but continues to lead the pack.

Ya like water jackets? Get a little sports car convertible and wear one of those funny little hats and wave at all the other little car drivers. :lolfall:
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

If the engine runs hot, can you use it to make toast?

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

RoadKing wrote: "Same fukin design"? Damn right, and one that was guaranteed extinct 40 years ago but continues to lead the pack.
Yup, ain't nothing wrong with that design..which was my point as well.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

tabasco wrote:If the engine runs hot, can you use it to make toast?

Yes.

[emoji106]
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Ifin you haul them like lots they don't get hot.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Exceping in July and August and parts of September [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

@ RK, Yar!

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
The complaint alleges that since 1999, Twin Cam 88, 96, 103 and 110 cubic inch engines in Harley motorcycles produce severe, excessive heat causing clothing to catch on fire, burn injuries and the danger of burn injury to riders and passengers as well as overheating causing premature engine wear and in models manufactured after 2006, transmission failure.
Hmm...Alleges since 1999.......bla bla bla ....so basically all models since 1999? I have NEVER heard of anyone ever getting their clothes caught on fire while riding any bike in a NORMAL manner.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

RoadKing wrote: Hey, Yo! Dude, how bout that Fourth of Who Lie celebration in Hollister? Man, I've seen it near a hunnert degrees at that time and the only thing got my or any one else's Harley ridin ass hot was all the poon tang. Yar?
There was a lot o poon tang fer sure. My favorite thing is to follow the young ones around for a while with my shades on...no one can tell what you're looking at!. Just don't run into other people and you'll be just fine. Of course they were all legal age and walkin with some dude, but them butts was fine as all get out for sure! Sometimes it's a blessing to not be married! :cheers: [emoji106] Yar!

Yo-

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

HOLLISTER! Oh, man. Oh, man. Quite a gathering this year? Oh, man. I get the motorsickle fever just thinking about Northern California. Dayum.
Signifying nothing”

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Post by Damumz »

98VS1400 wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote: It seems like when you consider the exorbitant prices Harley gets for their mediocre machines, you should at least be able to ride the bike down to the local Dairy Queen for bike night without coming back with 3rd degree burns. The whole aura which surrounds The Motor Company is apparently just smoke and mirrors.
Ever own one or just spew crap??

Though I do agree mine gets pretty hot on the hiway in 100 degree temps. I have Kuryakyn heat shields because of burning to my right inner thigh. Obviously Harley thinks they get hot also, hence the water cooled heads on the newer touring bikes. But, everybody I know realizes their bikes get hot and these guys surely knew it when they bought theirs. I doubt they win this case if it even makes it to trial......

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Damumz wrote:
Ever own one or just spew crap??
Hi, Randy!!!!!!!!!!

Damumz
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2017 Road Glide Ultra

Post by Damumz »

tabasco wrote: Hi, Randy!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Tom, how the hell you been?? :HatTip:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Had six Harleys and never was on fire but once and that was my doing.Had chopped a 66FLH and to do away with the ten miles of dresser wiring had rewired it.When you are young and dumb you try anything.Going down the road feelin bad,a few thumbs up thrown at me [emoji106] .A smell like burnt plastic?Maybe the covering on a hot wire :eek: A line of smoke at top triple tree.Pull over and pull wires apart and fix the burnt ones good enough to make it home.Second wire job was still on it ten years later so guess I got better :lmao: .
IMO none of them are bullet proof .It is a word used by low mile riders that have never ran down a drag strip a bunch of weeks in a row.They all will break!