The butt crack of dawn and....

Keep it civil
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

The butt crack of dawn and....

Post by YoDude »

Here it is, Sunday morning, the crack of dawn. Just about 7am PST.

The morning air is a bit chilly, the forum seems frozen. Bots abound, a couple regulars show up. I see them, but they are not posting, for some reason. Maybe they are just catching up on the latest posts, I don't know. Otherwise not much going on. I sit here and wonder just what's happening with this board.

I've been looking over a lot of the threads here and am seeing a lot of really useless content being posted on some of them. I won't say I'm not guilty of doing the same thing myself. I just get to wondering what the 'guests' must be thinking when they come here and start perusing the various threads we currently have running. I know some, if not most of these guests are bots looking for a way in. I know I see them quite regularly coming from mostly China and Russia. But of the others, there are probably a few that are actually looking at the site and for them, what might they think?

Several people have been invited here from IA and that's all good, but when they don't post it makes me think, there must be a reason why that is. For some, maybe they signed up just so they wouldn't be pestered with signing up any more. That's not a bad thing by any means as it does improve our user base, but if they don't participate, then what's even the point to have them sign up?

So I have to ask myself, why aren't these guys participating? Some here, keep telling me it'll get better in time. Okay, that's probably true to an extent. I can live with that thought, but it seems user participation is dropping rapidly. Sometimes I think they are being driven away by the nonsensical posts that abound throughout the site.

Without user participation, this site is as dead as the Salt Flats.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: The butt crack of dawn and....

Post by Jolsen »

There is life in the salt flats of Bonneville . Just wait you must time give.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Everything runs its course in life. As with all things in life try not to worry so much. You have to remember no matter how hard you try, you never make it out of life alive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Honesty Yo, from my perspective, lately, there's just been a lot of playing around, post count boosting and non-constructive criticisms. Catching up is one thing, but there's been little to catch up on. The type of members we need are independent thinkers and not instigating automatons.

No one has been starting threads about current events, public opinion or even motorcycles for the past few days.

My advice, trash the threads that everyone has just been playing in and get back to business, at least that's how I feel.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Yep. Dead as the Salt Flats. I was fine here until I expressed love for Jesus. Puke Jolsen wants to control the board so makes racially insulting hate crap for which I can only wonder. Puke Jolsen would never talk to me like that to my face. Just wouldn't. I came here cuz I thought it could be real. I was disillusioned by Puke Jolsen, but gave it another chance.

Keith started a thread, group conversation, with the intent folks introduce themselves. I thought he was serious so I posted by simply stating who and what I love. No response. Guess no one cared so why bother. Guess we're all hung up on our own story and only want to insult others. That can't survive. Dead as The Salt Flats.

Question I have to ask myself is just why I am posting these boards to which I answer it is the same as it always has been… introduce myself and get to know others with the idea of meeting folks in a motorcycle environment at some time. But, I am naive, I have no doubt. IA was the first such forum I ever joined and was totally stunned by the hostility and still don't understand.

But I'm finally figuring out that the internet is not as I live in real life. I can control my environment by avoiding rude people in real life. But I can't avoid bored individuals with nothing else to do but be insulting and spew nonsense on the internet. You think the exchange here is worthless? The purple table is worse, just a few more people with big egos trying to control the board, but same crap.

SPEAKING JUST FOR MYSELF, in answering your query.

Now, Dude, perhaps the question needs to be asked, just exactly what is your purpose in hosting this site? Specific goals, not generalizations.

When I first came to NY I knew no one. But I did a lot of riding this past summer and met a lot of people. Riders. In groups. They welcomed me to join them, both in conversation and in the wind. No insults nor nonsense, towards me or one another. That's the reality of the motorcycle life I have known for decades and makes me wonder the purpose or validity of most who gather on ANY of these digital gatherings.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I had written a rather lengthy reply to RK's post.. I had taken a considerable amount of time to reply. When I hit the POST link, I was taken to the login screen! Got bit by the auto-log feature and lost the entire post. It's 2:00p aboutsa and I need to go do wash. After that, it'll be aboutsa 3:00p and time for a ride with what's left of the day.

Needless to say, the auto-log timer has doubled it length.

Yo-

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

YoDude9999 wrote:I had written a rather lengthy reply to RK's post.. I had taken a considerable amount of time to reply. When I hit the POST link, I was taken to the login screen! Got bit by the auto-log feature and lost the entire post. It's 2:00p aboutsa and I need to go do wash. After that, it'll be aboutsa 3:00p and time for a ride with what's left of the day.

Needless to say, the auto-log timer has doubled it length.

Yo-

Good more time... :thumbup:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

"I've been looking over a lot of the threads here and am seeing a lot of really useless content being posted on some of them."

Either you want people to participate or not...make up your mind ;P
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Well, I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Interesting thread, nothing like what I thought it would be with that title. You start a forum with no real stated reason and then wonder why the Everyday Chit Chat board and a few others have meaningless threads. As young as the board is I think you are asking for to much out of it. Give it time to grow up, it is having growing pains. The members need to get the silliness out of their system and people need to join and add threads whether they are silly or serious is up to them.

The typed word leaves much to wonder about since you can't see the face of the person typing and you don't really know how serious you need to take what you just read. Sure you have smilies and they help some ( :lol: ) but still that doesn't explain what the person was feeling when they wrote the reply. Reading the typed word is a guessing game and I hope the reader guesses right when they read what I post. PCC (Diana) is one of the better posters since she usually has pics to help us see what she sees and feels. More rambling so I guess this old man had better get off here and post this before it is timed out. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

I'd like to sit here and post all day every day, but some days I actually gotta make a living. Or I get to go ride...

I'd like to meet several members here as well as on the purple board. 98VS1400, Blacktop, Cheapcookies, Designer, Lechy and others.

There is a great deal of communication which fails to transmit via the scribble. The emoticons help, but we can be pretty terse with one another without meaning too.

As far as the long posts and short windows, I tend to ramble in a word doc. edit it into coherence and then copy and paste so I don't lose my trainwreck of thought.

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

So you all know, because I haven't made mention of it yet, the 'Session timer' has now been set to 4 hours. Long live the willful! :big grin:

For the other thoughts posted here, I thank you all. It means a lot to me personally and as the site admin as well. :thumbup:

I had originally stated the purpose of the site in a post that's old and way buried pages back in the past of just a few weeks ago. It seems as though my original intention, though in the spirit of all things good and still a good idea, has perhaps become secondary to what this board can and should be.

The site, as it is now, is specific in its nature to the Intruders line of motorcycles. It doesn't need to stay that way, it can be open for all that ride, no matter WHAT you ride.. I think we have enough technical knowledge to help MOST people that ride, but when specifics comes into play, we are still specific to Intruders. This doesn't have to remain so. The site can be expanded to whatever it takes to build a community of riders that could one day well overspread IA and ANY other site you can find on the net if we allow it to do so.

With that thought in mind, the community as a whole of riders and enthusiasts can become an entire new community of riders all sharing together. My mind is open to this thought as I as a biker love to talk bikes and share experiences about riding and wrenching. This is why I mentioned in the 'suggestion box' that perhaps a domain and or name/description change might be in order to accomplish just that.

Thoughts anyone?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, since you asked for suggestion.... you might think on making this shorter "A Forum dedicated to the Owners of the Suzuki Intruder line of motorcycles."It is probably me but that seems kinda long. Every time I read that I think it should read "Dedicated to Owners of Suzuki Intruder motorcycles." It basically says the same thing but is shorter. It probably doesn't matter in the long run. I just like short simple things. :blink:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I'm aboutsa ready to shorten your thing off a bit! :evil: :jester: Yeah I agree though... There may be a paradigm shift here any minute. Personally, I'd call it a, 'RIFT", of the Status Quo.

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:I'm aboutsa ready to shorten your thing off a bit! :evil: :jester: Yeah I agree though... There may be a paradigm shift here any minute. Personally, I'd call it a, 'RIFT", of the Status Quo.

Yo-
Damn, I didn't know Yo had a short..... temper. Either that or I'm about to become a she. :lmao: So no more suggestions from the Okie. :bonk: .............................. :jester:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

John, don't worry my friend. Nothing to do with you personally at all. Just maybe a shift in the board itself. Could be a good thing. :thumbup:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:John, don't worry my friend. Nothing to do with you personally at all. Just maybe a shift in the board itself. Could be a good thing. :thumbup:

Yo-
If this board goes thru one more shift I'll feel like we are having an earthquake in Okla. :lmao:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Aren't you guys about due for a good shaker?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

We are over due according to the people doing the fracking. :lol: The first one I really went thru was a big one. I was staying in a small travel trailer and heard and felt a 18 wheel dump truck go by. The guy next door came over and asked me if I felt that earthquake. :eek: Hell it shook the trailer like a big old dump truck. :lol:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hahaha, but all kidding aside. You'll KNOW it if you get one, cause you'll prolly shit yourself.

Yo-