Another solid purchase opportunity

Keep it civil
ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Another solid purchase opportunity

Post by ddog6900 »

2009 V Star 950 Tourer 10K Miles $3600
Whata ya think?

It's important to note, the previous bike ended up being a bust. Wouldn't come off his price, ended up being a douche and wouldn't start the bike so I could hear it. I think this looks like a solid deal, going to check it out this weekend.

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Re: Another solid purchase opportunity

Post by dm1400 »

That's a nice lookin bike ddogg. I hope it works out for you. Hope it's as nice in person as the pic is. :thumbup:

Next time I come up, we'll have to ride, as well as eat!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

If it's close enough to check it out, might as well go see it. Pics tend to make the bikes look better than they really appear.

When I bought mine, there were a lot of pics I looked over, but couldn't go see the bike because it was over 3000 miles away. I figure I got real lucky with that. I had to assume it was in good working order but I did expect the battery to be dead and it was. Tried charging it, not happening. Picked up a new one, dumped in about a gallon of gas, choke on, ignition on, hit starter...."whirring sound"? WTH? "Tic tic tic....tic......tic...., humm okay prolly has clutch safety switch (I think that law now days) pull in clutch, hit starter....OH BOY she's turning over.....seconds later, BANG, cough, cough BANG, BANG cough....then she fired up! Fast idle with choke on, a little burping and couching for the first couple minutes then she smoothed out to a nice healthy purr...oh yeah, just what I wanted to hear. Choke off, still running well, buddy says, 'Take it for a spin'!... Pulled in the clutch, hit first gear, engine dies. Hmm, clutch feels good, plates are prolly stuck from sitting. Fire it back up, clutch in, hit first, bike dies. Okay okay, put bile in gear, pull clutch, bike rolls just fine. Clutch ain't stuck. I didn't know they had the side stand switch but as I sat on the bike looking down pondering what the problem might be, I see this little plunger sticking out of the side stand pivot point, the light came on that instant and my first ride on the 1400 became reality.....and I had no knowledge of IA....yet!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Close enough I can shoot out this weekend and be back the same day. Inventory this Friday, so I have the day off. KBB retail has it at $4850. He's firm on his price. If it looks and runs as good as the pic, I think I'm bringing home a new bike. :thumbup:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Oh SHIT! I'm gonna say it......Let us know how it turns out!

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:Bro, be so thankful that green bike deal never came together. The guy had an attitude? Huh! I never saw that one coming! :lmao: This bike looks much better.
I thinks it had to be a Black guy or a Hispanic.

Yo- :cheers:

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude9999 wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:Bro, be so thankful that green bike deal never came together. The guy had an attitude? Huh! I never saw that one coming! :lmao: This bike looks much better.
I thinks it had to be a Black guy or a Hispanic.

Yo- :cheers:
Not to sound stereotypical (no pun interned), but he was a black guy. Seemed he knew absolutely nothing mechanical. I just wanted to get it cheap, throw a new engine in it and flip it for a nice profit come spring, if it didn't like it.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Appreciate it, I'm hoping it pans out. I really need a more long distance bike for a bigger guy.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Damn, that looks good. I bet it would pull the big teardrop with no problems. I might have to get a bigger bike after all. If you get it I hope you have good luck and it turns out to be what you are looking for.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Ddog - can I ask why the change in bikes? I think that V-Star looks sweet! But just wondering why the change?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

DevilsFan wrote:Ddog - can I ask why the change in bikes? I think that V-Star looks sweet! But just wondering why the change?
Little bigger, stretch out more. Better fuel capacity, FI, better highway experience, more leg room for the little woman. Need I go on?

Ideally, I've been looking for a 1500, but nothing panned out. Broadened my search a little. Seeing it's such a good deal, it peaked my interest.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Understand the need for more room but (and YOU are the tech guru!) when I see this V-Star I'm thinking a comfortable bike yet only a 950. Then I remember my Volusia. Very comfortable but that 805cc engine just wasn't enough for the highways. Not that I rode the highways often but when I did that engine felt like it was winding out at 65mph. So I am thinking that a 950 wouldn't make all that much of a difference. Or does it? I mean, I'd hate to get that only to realize I wish I had an extra gear.
I would wait for the 1300 +. Just my thoughts.

I do like the look and color, though!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Jolsen wrote:Hey Ddog an 01 1500 in black with lots of extras
http://stcloud.craigslist.org/mcy/4693673295.html

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

DevilsFan wrote:Understand the need for more room but (and YOU are the tech guru!) when I see this V-Star I'm thinking a comfortable bike yet only a 950. Then I remember my Volusia. Very comfortable but that 805cc engine just wasn't enough for the highways. Not that I rode the highways often but when I did that engine felt like it was winding out at 65mph. So I am thinking that a 950 wouldn't make all that much of a difference. Or does it? I mean, I'd hate to get that only to realize I wish I had an extra gear.
I would wait for the 1300 +. Just my thoughts.

I do like the look and color, though!!!
Test rode a Bolt (same engine) Fine on the highway, just a little cramped. I'm hoping the Tourer is less cramped. If so, the only thing I'm giving up is large displacement and shaft drive. (Belt is still better than chain)

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Jolsen wrote:
Jolsen wrote:Hey Ddog an 01 1500 in black with lots of extras
http://stcloud.craigslist.org/mcy/4693673295.html

Heck of a nice deal, but don't need the hitch.

Been trying to work a deal on this one$1300 cheaper and 8 hours closer. :thumbup:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Could sell the hitch

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Not bad. Just trying to help. Till you say mission accomplished.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Jolsen wrote:Not bad. Just trying to help. Till you say mission accomplished.

Gotcha. Appreciate the suggestions. I'm on hold till I check this V Star out. Just can't pass up a deal like that.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

You ain't fitting a Nebraska corn fed couple on a 1400. :lmao: :jester: :lolfall: :cheers:

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

Jolsen wrote:You ain't fitting a Nebraska corn fed couple on a 1400. :lmao: :jester: :lolfall: :cheers:
Bingo. Believe me, after I actually took my wife when I looked at one, I realized, I may be ok, but she'll never be happy. You guys are just lucky I don't listen to her. She wants me to buy an Ultra. Women.