The Kid

Keep it civil
scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

The Kid

Post by scootermcq »

Just watched my Son graduate basic training in the army... very proud moment for me.

He is in Gagetown NB now for more training.

Some exciting news... he is getting leave in about a month for a couple weeks. Mid August is awesome riding weather and we will get a little quality saddle time together which I did not think we were going to have again this year.
Scott

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: The Kid

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Congrats to the young man and to you for raising up such a fine young man. :bow: May you have many more safe and happy miles together. [emoji106] [space] :cheers:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Congrats to your son, scooter!!! Good for him. It's an excellent way to become a man. Ya grow up quickly in the armed services. :cheers:

What's his MOS by the way?
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

DevilsFan wrote:Congrats to your son, scooter!!! Good for him. It's an excellent way to become a man. Ya grow up quickly in the armed services. :cheers:

What's his MOS by the way?
He decided to go Armoured like the old man. Better to drive a bad ass RV than walk....
Scott

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Awesome! I was stationed at the NTC in California (I was an MP) and those tanks were ass-kickers! I never got to ride in one but I did get to watch the battles on the monitors. Hard core!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Digger
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Road Star

Post by Digger »

Congrats! He looks sharp in that uniform, you have a right to be proud. Thank you both for your service.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

He did good, I'm quite sure you're very proud!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Kudos to this fine young man....he is on the threshold of being a part of a force like no other......
the camaraderie is far reaching and will have an indelible mark on his character for life..................
and knowing you belong to a family of soldiers who will give their lives for each other is outstanding to say the least.
May his life as a soldier be blessed with all of the above..

pS: He sure doesn't look like a kid in the photo....more like a full grown man [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I'll drink to that! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

prsavage
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Post by prsavage »

Congrats to Him! But also congrats to you on raising a fine adult. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] I am hoping my son chooses a military career or at least a beginning.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

YA DONE GOOD !
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Right on!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
-DBTO

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Good lookin' kid. Congrats to him. :rock:

My oldest son was a jar head when I was a Master Sergeant in the Air Force. He was doing alright in basic training until he made the mistake of correcting his drill sergeant who thought his Master Sergeant dad was in the Marine Corps. He used to tout him about how his dad couldn't help him on Parris Island. After he informed him his Master Sergeant dad was an Air Force E7, not a Marine Corps E8, they made him do so many push ups that he'd automatically drop and start doing push ups when someone else got into trouble because they'd usually tell him to do them too since his dad was a propeller head. :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit