Is fall coming early??

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Is fall coming early??

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I've noticed a few trees with leaves that are lighter in color than the others and a flock of geese just flew over headed south. Even noticed a few leaves that were falling off the trees. We haven't had a bad winter in a long time so maybe this is the one. :blink:

I wouldn't put it past that old bitch Hillary to do something like that. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

torgy48
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: C90 Suzucki

Re: Is fall coming early??

Post by torgy48 »

I don't see any signs yet of an early fall here. It was a slightly early Spring here. peace torgy,

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

If multiple days in 90+ degree weather are any sign of an early fall...I'd love to see what this winter will be like [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

I'm all about global warming.... instead of going south for the winter, I won't be happy until Keith comes North for the summer.

Now if you will excuse me I have to throw another tire on the BBQ and spray some aerosol cans around.
Scott

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I was just wondering if this was happening anywhere else and I guess not. Maybe it is just something that happens here near Eufaula lake. :blink:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

No it'll come on the day of the autumnal equinox, as usual ... September 22nd this year, at 10:21 AM eastern. [emoji106]

Interestingly enough, I commented to my wife just the other day that I'd noticed that our oaks were already starting to shed a few leaves. When this starts happening varies from year to year. I've read that shedding leaves is a survival tactic and some deciduous trees in tropical forests shed their leaves at the onset of the dry season, so the triggering process must be more complicated than just cooler temperatures or length of day.

I'll ask the squirrels. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

SuzyRidr2 wrote:No it'll come on the day of the autumnal equinox, as usual ... September 22nd this year, at 10:21 AM eastern. [emoji106]

Interestingly enough, I commented to my wife just the other day that I'd noticed that our oaks were already starting to shed a few leaves. When this starts happening varies from year to year. I've read that shedding leaves is a survival tactic and some deciduous trees in tropical forests shed their leaves at the onset of the dry season, so the triggering process must be more complicated than just cooler temperatures or length of day.

I'll ask the squirrels. [emoji106]
No need to ask Hillary, she'll just lie to you. :lolfall: I figure it has something to do with the weather whether it will be wet or not. Temps may or may not play a part in the shedding of leaves. It just seems odd that a few of the trees are changing colors and shedding their leaves so early in the year. I'll be sure and get a big propane tank and a bigger heater for the winter months this year. :blink:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I only remember 2 season's from when I lived in Oklahoma ... Summer and not summer ... Hot or cold ... LOL.
lovineveryminuteofit

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

With the higher than normal temps and not much rain...you'll see trees shed their leaves middle of the summer...and Geese will move around looking for better water sources.

All normal this time of year.
-DBTO

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

MadCow wrote:With the higher than normal temps and not much rain...you'll see trees shed their leaves middle of the summer...and Geese will move around looking for better water sources.

It may be normal, but I have lived in Okla most of my life and can't remember seeing it happen this early in the year. As I said it may just be the way things happen here near Eufaula lake, a place I am not used to being at this time of year. I definitely haven't been around where the geese are this time of year. :blink: But I'll keep an eye on the trees and see if it looks normal or not. :OhNo;

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
MadCow wrote:With the higher than normal temps and not much rain...you'll see trees shed their leaves middle of the summer...and Geese will move around looking for better water sources.

It may be normal, but I have lived in Okla most of my life and can't remember seeing it happen this early in the year. As I said it may just be the way things happen here near Eufaula lake, a place I am not used to being at this time of year. I definitely haven't been around where the geese are this time of year. :blink: But I'll keep an eye on the trees and see if it looks normal or not. :OhNo;

And to answer your question, no, fall is not coming early.
-DBTO

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Being a guy whose work and income depends on the Daily Climate, I have needed to observe,..study,..research and learn about what affects the air we live in.

And may I confirm, with what experience I can contribute,..what MadCow posts herein. :bow:

Good eyes there, MadCow. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Designer wrote:

Being a guy whose work and income depends on the Daily Climate, I have needed to observe,..study,..research and learn about what affects the air we live in.

And may I confirm, with what experience I can contribute,..what MadCow posts herein. :bow:

Good eyes there, MadCow. [emoji106]

[emoji106]
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:I only remember 2 season's from when I lived in Oklahoma ... Summer and not summer ... Hot or cold ... LOL.

would love 2 seasons like that ..In the deep south we have three season.....HOTTER..........HOT.............AND NOT SO HOT [emoji106]
And Keith is spot on about the above average rain fall so far this year.....Locals are busy with plans for an ark as we speak...
.the apocalypse they say is upon us. :eek: [emoji2]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

For crying out loud, there are parts of the US with less than average rain and high temps right now....and parts with higher than average rainfall.

Right now, leaves are falling off of trees in my backyard...and my grass is turning brown because it is going dormant just like in winter time because of the heat/lack of rain.

Climate wise, we live on a continent...which means different weather patterns. I live 900 miles away from Keith ...I would expect his weather conditions such as rainfall and temperatures to be different. The average temp for July (according to weather . com ) in my area is 85. Our highest temp in the last 7 days was 97F, with a monthly average of 93F so far for the high.

Our average rainfall is 4.12" for July, but here it is 29 July and we've only had 2.81" so far this month....so there you have it, higher than normal temps and lower than normal rainfall...guess what trees do? I should go over to the lake and take a pic of all the ducks and geese congregating there right now...and they've shit all over everything on the trail around the lake.
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

We have a good dose of all four seasons in Kentucky.Now getting more rain than usual. When I worked at IBM a small guy in the dept.. Randy had been born and raised in Main. He told me he liked our mild winters when we had four inches of snow one night. "Our summer was about one day.Maybe the 4th of July. .We would go swimming that day and usually it would snow with in a week."he said. :lmao:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

In a few months it'll be cold, too often ice and snow will be on the ground, people living in the deep south will be posting pictures of their lovely January rides on 75-80 degree sunny days and it'll be our turn to say, "PISS OFF". :cheers: :rock: :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

98VS1400 wrote:I don't know anyone who would do such a thing!

[emoji2]
Me neither. [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Ride while ya can boys... :rock:
-DBTO

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Took a ride today, but it felt more like sitting in front of the oven with the door open and a fan blowing the hot air out into the room. :bang: Now back to the topic of this thread.... yes, I do believe that fall is coming earlier this year as the leaves are changing colors and falling. Haven't seen or heard any geese since the other day so they might know to stay where it is cooler.... on the lake. :lmao: Have a critter visit me last night I was going to stick my head out the tent until I thought about how maybe it was a skunk and I changed my mind. :lolfall: [space] :XmasTree: [space] :hat: