T'weren't one of my better days

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

T'weren't one of my better days

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

First thing today I have hell getting online and I am still having trouble getting connected to the internet. :bang: I can live with that because it happens every now and then. So while the internet is playing games with me I say fork it and decide to ride over to Henryeta, Ok which is a 42 miles trip one way. I take the old highway over there so I can ride at 55 mph and take my time. Everything is fine until I get 5 miles outside of Henryetta and I hear a noise and notice some papers flying in the rear view mirror. So I stop and notice the little bag I have my riding buddy (Sully from Monsters, Inc.) standing on is unzipped. So I zip it up, get back on the bike and take off. I get about a half mile down the road and see more papers flying in the mirror and something black laying in the middle of the road. So I pull over to check it out and that is when I notice the plastic water can I put my important papers in has the lid off it. :shock: That was where all that paper and stuff was coming from in the first place and I didn't even notice it when I zipped up my bag the first time. :hellfire: I walk back to pick up what I could that was laying in the road and the papers that hadn't blown away. I found my black zippered planner I keep most of my papers in laying in the road and there are a few papers laying off the road in the grass.

When I get to where I was going I check my planner and what papers I found and the only thing missing is the registration paper for the teardrop trailer from HF. Since the state of Okla doesn't require it I'm not going to tag it. But I will have to file something with the tag agent saying I lost the trailer registration. I could just swap the tongues on the two trailers and then the teardrop will be registered and tagged. Anyway, on the way home I did a walk by where the papers came out of the can and I found nothing. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: T'weren't one of my better days

Post by YoDude »

Thank goodness it wasn't that page with all your accounts and passwords on it, not to mention, DL and bike registration, insurance info and all that stuff too!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

That sucks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:Thank goodness it wasn't that page with all your accounts and passwords on it, not to mention, DL and bike registration, insurance info and all that stuff too!

Yo-
All that stuff is in the zippered planner I use. I don't write my account numbers or passwords down they are too easily lost. DL is in the wallet in case I am in an accident, insurance papers are in the planner. The planner has an outside side pocket I was keeping the trailer papers in and it was empty when I picked the planner up. :bang: the other important papers were inside the planner and safe. :clap:
Jolsen wrote:That sucks

Yes it does. But like a friend of mine once said... it is over and done with and there is nothing you can do so no need to get upset about it. Go on with life and live another day. :thumbup: :cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I keep everything in the wallet. No accounts or passwords or anything like that, but all my insurance and registrations for the bike and car are in there. I want it all in one place and I never leave my wallet laying about, always in the pocket except when for paying for something.

Yo-

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude9999 wrote:I keep everything in the wallet. No accounts or passwords or anything like that, but all my insurance and registrations for the bike and car are in there. I want it all in one place and I never leave my wallet laying about, always in the pocket except when for paying for something.

Yo-
Smartphone carries all my insurance info these days. Registration stays with the vehicle that's registered. Have to, lots of registered cars and drivers.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I don't put anything on my phone except people that I contact through cell calls or texts and music/photos/vids. No personal stuff whatsoever.

Cell phones are a staple for hackers these days. Everything personal is way too easy to get or find.

Yo-

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude9999 wrote:I don't put anything on my phone except people that I contact through cell calls or texts and music/photos/vids. No personal stuff whatsoever.

Cell phones are a staple for hackers these days. Everything personal is way too easy to get or find.

Yo-
Internet security and face unlock. No one gets my info.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote: Yo, a tattoo on your inner rectum of all passwords is the safest way to go. Although, he didn't mention how easy it is to change the passwords. :bonk:
It is easier than you think. It is hell to get that password if you happen to be on a plane when you need it. :bang:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Why do I feel like Keith said I should shove my passwords up my keyster? :angel:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Now how did I suddenly turn into a jerk? :blink:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

If you say so. :big grin:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

So far it has been a better day. Took a 50 mile trip to Norman to their HF to buy a horn for the bike. I didn't buy the $40 air horn this time, but instead I bought the $8.65 electric duel horn set. I'm not sure what the young lady at the checkout was thinking but she forgot to give me my receipt for the horn. It might have been she was distracted by the black guy that kept getting money out of her drawer and didn't put any in. at least I never saw him put any money in and he kept taking $5's out.

Anyway, I get home hook the horns up like I had the air horn hooked up and when I hit the horn button I got nothing. :shock: So I took one of the horns of and shorted it to the van battery and it worked fine. So I went back to the bike and hooked up just one of the horns to the relay they provided and I have a loud horn. :clap: So tomorrow it will be work on the horn day. :lol:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

+1 to John for being a 'blowhard'! :clap:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:+1 to John for being a 'blowhard'! :clap:

Yo-
You think I am a "blowhard" now, just wait till I get both horns hooked up. :lmao:

Oh and I talked to the lady that has the MH and she said it will be here no later than 2 weekends from now. they have two weeks to get it here or they can keep it. I'll just save up my money and buy one running, tagged and that is movable. :thumbup:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

There you go lay down the law topic officer bt

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Or is it Topic Officer Okie?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

So, what's the hold up with the MH anyway? It's not running?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

It's not running because the best I can figure out by talking to her BF when he is drinking is that the guy that was suppose to rebuild the carb didn't. So it won't stay running when you put it in gear. They say it will idle but not pull itself when you put it in gear. Sounds a lot like a vacuum leak or bad gasoline to me or both. But what the fork do I know I'm an Okie. :bang: Now I get one story from her and a totally different story from him when he is drinking and she isn't around.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

If you can survive without it, I'd suggest you pass it by and look for one that runs instead. Sounds like they'd have to trailer it to you and I could see that being a hassle to deal with once it got there.

Yo-