No riding this weekend

Keep it civil
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

No riding this weekend

Post by YoDude »

Rain predicted for most of the weekend. It's a bit chilly, wet and very icky looking outside. Days are getting short again, cooling off quicker, not warming as much. With a little luck I might get in another couple weekends of riding before it's time to call the season done, just not this weekend.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: No riding this weekend

Post by ddog6900 »

YoDude9999 wrote:Rain predicted for most of the weekend. It's a bit chilly, wet and very icky looking outside. Days are getting short again, cooling off quicker, not warming as much. With a little luck I might get in another couple weekends of riding before it's time to call the season done, just not this weekend.

Yo-
Aren't you out in Cali? I thought all year was riding season. :confused:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

ddog6900 wrote: Aren't you out in Cali? I thought all year was riding season. :confused:
Yeah, well I could go riding, if I liked the cold weather and wet roads filled with cagers that freak out at the first drop of rain. I live in Nor Cal. Down in So Cal is where the riding weather is good almost all year long. Down there, there's about a month where it gets frosty over night and doesn't warm up much. I've ridden during that time, but I didn't like it much.

I don't have a windshield on my bike now, so I get all the air blast, getting wet with a strong wind isn't much fun especially if your stuff is soaked.

Also, I'm considerably older than I was when I did ride most all year long. I'm at a point in life where I don't like taking risks about getting sick or catching something. If I catch the flu these day, it could kill me, though it probably wouldn't, it is a possibility. I know they say you don't catch a cold or flu from just being out in cold weather. I don't think it helps you from not catching something either.

I'll stick to fair weather riding. It works best for me. I ride my bike for fun, not torture and I hate being cold.

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote:I feel for ya bro Yo. High today here was only 76. Sunny, slight breeze. Ridiculous that I'm at work.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

98VS1400 wrote:
YoDude9999 wrote:Yeah, well I could go riding, if I liked the cold weather and wet roads filled with cagers that freak out at the first drop of rain. I live in Nor Cal. Down in So Cal is where the riding weather is good almost all year long. Down there, there's about a month where it gets frosty over night and doesn't warm up much. I've ridden during that time, but I didn't like it much.

I don't have a windshield on my bike now, so I get all the air blast, getting wet with a strong wind isn't much fun especially if your stuff is soaked.

Also, I'm considerably older than I was when I did ride most all year long. I'm at a point in life where I don't like taking risks about getting sick or catching something. If I catch the flu these day, it could kill me, though it probably wouldn't, it is a possibility. I know they say you don't catch a cold or flu from just being out in cold weather. I don't think it helps you from not catching something either.

I'll stick to fair weather riding. It works best for me. I ride my bike for fun, not torture and I hate being cold.

Yo-

Rather be a fair weather rider than a NRMF. Just sayin.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Guess what!? They LIED! The sun is out and the weather is dry. Poked my head out the front door and there's not a cloud in sight! Haha, ya'll know what that means! Give it another hour to warm up a bit more and I'm goin' ridin'! :thumbup:

Yo- :big grin:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

It was great riding this weekend in the Midwest. I didn't ride Saturday with my riding group because I had a granddaughter's birthday party to attend. I missed the best day. Darn...
Sunday was good but more wind. However, I did take a run for a few hours. Yippy!
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Good to hear at least a couple of us got out during the weekend! :thumbup:

They're predicting the weather to turn sour by next weekend :(

Yo-

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by ddog6900 »

98VS1400 wrote:
ddog6900 wrote: Rather be a fair weather rider than a NRMF. Just sayin.
Oh I'm just teasing ol' Yo, don't be so protective. He a big boy. :big grin:
He's not the only fair weather rider. :eek: