What do you do when

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

What do you do when

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

you no longer have any of these Image that you want to read? I need to find a hobby or something interesting to do. This getting old isn't all it is cracked up to be. I could still be working if my mom's health hadn't got bad and I had to quit to watch her. I ended up spending what little life savings I had because she was on SS also and didn't have a saving thanks to me. :bang: oh well, I am still healthy and the bike runs when it doesn't fall over. :lol: I went to two different places where they are building the smaller Walmart's but they both said they don't need any help. Being 63 and looking for work is a full time job itself. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: What do you do when

Post by DevilsFan »

Not sure if you posted a picture but I cannot see what you don't have any more of.
If you're looking for easy, part-time work, is there any security guard companies around? I used to work for Wackenhut years ago and was a security guard during college. Great job while going to school. Some of the sites were quiet and out of the way. Did a few walk-throughs during a shift and read my books the rest of the time...all the while getting a paycheck!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

It is a pic of the little deal showing you if you have any unread post in the thread. No jobs around here. This area used to be oil field country and with the bust in the oil field there are no jobs. It seems the closer I get to 65 the harder it is to find a job. I know when I worked in the asphalt business they didn't care how old you were as long as you could pick up a shovel of asphalt you were hired. There are no machine operators jobs, no laborer jobs, crap there are no fast food jobs around here. The only keeping this town alive is the fact that it is the county seat and has the court house. :bang: I was just hoping to add to my SS payments by working till I turn 65, but I don't guess that is going to happen while I stay around here. :bonk:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Ever think of substitute teaching? Easy gig that may help with the SS. And, you get to pick and choose what days you feel like working!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Substitute teaching? Sounds interesting, but spending all day with a bunch of kids isn't my idea of fun. Actually I was asked once if I was interested in doing that, but as you can guess I turned it down. I would rather spend my time outdoors than indoors. So how they managed to do that at Wrangler for 5 years I'll never know. :uhh: I got a little over a year to go before I get my small and I do mean small retirement check from Wrangler. It will be enough to pay for the gas one way on a long trip. That should help me stay on the road a couple or three days extra every year.