Azzhats...and the Plight of Patience!

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Azzhats...and the Plight of Patience!

Post by DevilsFan »

Reading a recent thread on Ddog's head-shaking post from the "purple" site got me thinking.

Since the new age of the internet I have been a member of 4 motorcycle websites. The first was the V.O.L. back in 2003. A great group of riders that knew everything there was to know about the Suzuki Volusia. The site was great and became an addiction where a day without the V.O.L. was like feeling as if you left the stove on when you drove off for work.
After a few years, the members changed and the originals became disenfranchised. Eventually, the site was taken over by another...and things were never the same. The once "part of the family" turned into a group of uninteresting riders. The appeal for the site was gone. There was another site that opened, much like this one, where a few of the old members joined and things were back to normal. But again, like all things good - they must come to an end.
When the VOL faded and the years went on I joined a different site for the Marauder. A great bunch of tech guys...but just didn't have the other discussions that the majority find so "entertaining".
When I got the Intruder and joined IA I started to feel like the past was reborn! A great group with various forums. People were knowledgable, serious, humorous, stubborn, know-it-alls, faithful to Christ, hard-core in their politics...And everything was great! I jumped right into the frying pan and was accepted.

And then...I made a statement (about politics, of all things!) that offended this one specific member. I was put in my place and forced to take a step backwards. And this "idiot" really got to me. He was crass, acted like he knew everything and no one else could have an opinion. I was miffed, I argued, I restated my thoughts. There was minor name-calling before I realized it just wasn't worth it. I moved on to another subject and tried not to let it fester.
Being a relatively new guy to the site I decided to send an IM to this member and apologize for my rudeness. Thank god I did. Because in doing so I met a person who I was humbled by, set in place and he actually began the change in my political beliefs. His rationale became more thought provoking and made me think before I spoke. This guy also had the wit of a comedian and shared similar interests outside of motorcycles. Now, maybe I am talking him up a little too much but the point is that I met the other side...the "true" side of this member.
As the days went on I started to "get to know" others on the site, people that I never actually met and may never. But they were friendly and decent. I have IM'd a few of them and got a few IM's also. They would send me messages for my opinions and would also throw me a line about something they thought I may be interested in (knowing).
Getting back to the original "message" behind this posting...the "noob" on Ddog's purple post will hopefully turn into something similar to my plight. And if not, to hell with the "noob"!!! But as for me, I am glad I bit my tongue, opened up my ears, and actually "listened" to those that know - then "accepted" what they advised me. And so far, I have a "professional comedian" (Franktiregod), a virtual "Clymers Manual" (Ddog), some "Chowderhead-Cop-that-lives-up-the-street-from-me...and-still-refuses-to-set-a-riding-day-with-him-and-his-old-man" (98VS1400), and a few others that I like to refer to as "The Merry Band of Misfits" (Yo - the rider that knows, literally, EVERTHING!!!, BT - the rider of never-ending experience, dm - the Royals fan, a Batman - a rider who's life I want!, and the others who I prefer to not mention on the fear that I may incriminate myself!!!)
My point, which I probably should have just stated and saved the epic novel, is that we all should get to know everyone a little before posting deragative responses in haste. Open up a little, listen to what others tell you, and take any stick that may be enlodged in your ass and pull it out! You just may meet a pretty decent person!

PS - Except for you, FTG!!! You can still kiss my ass!!! :fu: :fu: :fu: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: Azzhats...and the Plight of Patience!

Post by ddog6900 »

Kinda take offense to that Clymer's manual comment. Clymer's is good for only one thing, propping up the bike to change the oil. :lmao:

By the way, jelil and I worked it out. I was probably out of line with the noob remark.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Nobody lands on this planet knowing everything.
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Since when do I know EVERYTHING? :lmao: :jester:

.....BUT I AM trying!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

YoDude9999 wrote:Since when do I know EVERYTHING? :lmao: :jester:

Yo-
Their just kissing your ass because they think you can give them something. Kinda like the sucking up they give Merlin.
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Oh, you KNOW I can give them SOMETHING! LOL :jester: :evil:

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I especially like that 'lil' devil icon....yeah..... :angel:

Yo-

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

YoDude9999 wrote:Oh, you KNOW I can give them SOMETHING! LOL :jester: :evil:

Yo-
A rag so they can wipe their chins?

:evil:
-DBTO

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Let us not go to THAT place! :eek: That one does strike me with evil thoughts, and it ain't a good thing either. :notsayin:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

BT - the rider of never-ending experience

Experience huh? Everyday is a new experience to me and I like to tell the board about it before I forget it. :lol: Being old you forget things fast so tell someone while you still can. :lolfall: I know I go overboard with some of my posting, but isn't posted to bore you but to make sure you don't fall into the same pit and to hopefully put a smile on your face for a few minutes. There is an old saying that goes something like this: If you don't study history you are bound to repeat it. That goes for people that ride mc's also. I probably fit into the being an azzhat more than I do the Plight of Patience. Every Christmas I get myself a new tinfoil hat just to be on the safe side. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Ya just gotta have a tinfoil hat, right?

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude9999 wrote:Ya just gotta have a tinfoil hat, right?

Yo-
I do. :big grin: We aren't the only people floating around in this great big universe and I plan to be ready when they come to get the old crazy guy. :lol:

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Is it real tin foil? Cause you know aluminum foil won't work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Jolsen wrote:Is it real tin foil? Cause you know aluminum foil won't work.
Maybe that is why they never stop by my house on Halloween eve or is that Christmas eve. :uhh: I have had a fake hat all this time and didn't know it. :bonk:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Don't listen to Jolsen cause I heard the aluminum hats work just fine as long as you have a paper one on underneath it.

Yo-

Skree
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Skree »

Jolsen wrote:Is it real tin foil? Cause you know aluminum foil won't work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I like the mylar backed stuff - it sounds nice a crinkly when the spying RF beams hit it.... :cheers:
pegs down for all who have fallen and passed on

- Kenn

Remember your towel.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

I hope your folding your tin foil hat correctly or it wonk work. And it better be tin aluminum wont work.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Jolsen, you just like old technology. I don't even think you can get real tin foil anymore. Aluminum foil has been working fine for decades. You can tell because the democrats have NOT been wearing them and they've all gone insane because they were unprotected. :jester: :hat:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:hat: <--- Aluminum foil I got mine early this year. :lol:

It seems the WH, congress and the Fed Reserve has decided to do what they do best, take your money. :bonk:
You see that aluminum foil hat, that means this in not a political reply but an Azzhat reply. :smoke:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Skree wrote: I like the mylar backed stuff - it sounds nice a crinkly when the spying RF beams hit it.... :cheers:
:funnylast: :funnylast:
-DBTO