I'm just tired of it all

Keep it civil
frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Re: I'm just tired of it all

Post by frodo »

Sounds like you need a long motorcycle trip...Hurry up before Winter sets in! JMHO :donno:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Because too many people ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

The whole Facebook thing is ridiculous to me. I do have a FB account but I have 4 friends on it. I'll post a comment or two when someone puts up a good meme but other than that, I'm hardly ever on FB.
Look around the US these days. Everyhing is a "tweet" or a "Facebook" address. And the research is starting to come out on the effects of "social media" now. And it ain't lookin' good!

I read one article about how even well-rounded families are raising kids that cannot read, spell or socialize at the their appropriate age levels. They have great, loving parents that provide for their kids, they live in nice homes with clean neighborhoods, etc...
They're saying the problem is NOT the kids...but that the PARENTS are now coming home and spending all of their time on Facebook and not interacting with their children!!!

And think of cell phones. Just listen to someone talking on a cell phone while in line at Walmart or a grocery store. Listen to what they're actually talking about. You'd be surprised how something that sounds so mundane and unimportant is made to be like a do or die situation!!! I've eavesdropped on a young kid discussing to his friend, in a very animated way, about what some girl he met at a bar said. He sounded like WWIII would occur because "this girl" didn't want anything to do with him!!! (Hmmm...wonder why?!?!) And this mid-30's lady was yelling into her cell phone about...what color shirt she should wear for her going out that night!!! As if the entire world depended on it!!!

As smart as technology is becoming seems like the population is dumbing down.

I went to a friend's house last night and there were a bunch of us there. We had a great time with good discussions...politics, children, teaching, old stories, etc... And NOT once was a cell phone pulled out or an iPad!!! We all had a fun evening!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Come on over for a visit and we will do this.

[youtube][/youtube]

About 650 Km north of me, I would just love an excuse to disappear for a week.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

It's a presidential election year. Once November has been and gone it will all be over. Just sensor the stuff you can't stand, including me, if need be. [emoji106]
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Sounds like you might be getting (God forbid) old? :lmao: Personally, IMO you should have gotten rid of the FB thing a long, long time ago. Sit down and talk to the wife more and get off the electronic stuff. We as a society don't know how to communicate face to face anymore unless it is to argue about the smallest thing. One of the reasons for so much road rage. :bonk: [space] :OhNo; [space] :putput: [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

Ok this is something I can talk about.

I don't have a FB account. Never have, don't plan on ever.

Intruder Alert the old one I found around 2005. I took to it right away, I went there every day. I loved it and found new friends.
Some I PM'd every day. Everyday. MY FB before FB.
What you are feeling is why this new board came about I think. On the old one.

I made a hundred plus friends, I have been to maybe 30 members homes, visited them. Some have visited me and stayed the night.
The IA board was a place to have fun, tell stories, poke fun at each other. Plan rally's, the first one, I went to, was over 100 riders there.
It has like a family reunion, meeting guys, you talked to each day.

Sorry but there is a reason, why not as many flocked, to this new place, after the old one crashed.
You have just stated, what drove some good members, from the old board. It just was not the same place.

The people here who have problems with me now, will attack, my statements here, I have a feeling, but my politics does not apply.

Some attack me for not taking politics serious. I don't take anything serious, I like to joke and have fun, and I enjoy life. I have fun.

So 98 that is why your feeling this way, it happened to hundreds, of people we lost, over the years, good people, fun people who
came to a site to enjoy people only to find, some people who, are sometimes miserable, and drain the life out of today.

The old board, had 20 people at midnight, 100 at 5pm, it was fun, it had life, it made me feel good, and talking
to people, I called friends. Some of those people are on this board, good people, fun people, that's why I came over.

So I know how you feel. Sorry :soapbox:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And how old R U????
I've never got tired of LIFE...and that's what you're speaking of , generally of course, but everyday life...sounds like you need a change..
Sit down with your wife next day off and discuss it with her... she is an integral part of what you speak of ..she may have an or "THE" answer [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Maybe you should try twitter...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

:funnylast: [space] :lol:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Start riding them Eurometric bikes and they change you. I bet you're thinking about a BMW now ain't chew? :lmao:

I'm liking this board more than the old IA board - fewer asswipes here. [emoji2]

Seriously ... I think Johnny gave you some excellent advice.
lovineveryminuteofit

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

98VS1400 wrote:Is it only me? Am I an anomaly?
No Sir My Friend your not the only one to just get tired of it
It sucks when it get real

As we get older we also gain in experience some good and some not so good. These experiences make us who we are. We get comfortable and experiences become fewer and farther apart. We all need these experiences the good and the not so good. If we don’t we forget the good and seem to concentrate on the not so good.

I don’t have a face book account I don’t tweet or kick I hate texting. I do enjoy reading post’s made by the members here and other Motorcycle forums. When I post on any forum I first open word type it out, one finger at a time, proofread then copy and paste.

I myself as some know prefer to talk or discuss over the phone.

I suggest and this is only a suggestion: Get on that BAD MOTORSCOOTER and ride.
Ride to the highest peak and just look around. Or just putt around the city. Maybe find a curvy canyon road and lean for a bit. Go get some new experiences Or go to the zoo maybe you’ll see a miracle. Get yourself out of the negativity and Live. Negativity breads negativity. Challenge yourself to new experiences the good and the not so good.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Shit Keith, if worse comes to worse, just blast a spliff, that should fix ya up!!... or at least make ya not care anyway! LOL :mrgreen:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

YoDude wrote:Shit Keith, if worse comes to worse, just blast a spliff, that should fix ya up!!... or at least make ya not care anyway! LOL :mrgreen:

Yo-
What is a spliff???

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

THE TOTAL MOOD OF THE COUNTRY IS DOWN ... POLITICALLY, ECONOMICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, ETC. THE ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO BOMBARD EVERYONE EACH DAY TO KEEP EVERYONE OFF KILTER, SO EVENTUALLY, THEY WOULD GET BURNED OUT. DON'T GIVE IN, LET THE PLAN WORK. ALMOST EVERYONE IS DEPRESSED. PLUS THE SEASONAL EFFECT AT THE END OF SUMMER.

HANG IN THERE.....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Oh, oh, oh I see it is the plan of the Dems to get everyone burnt out before election time so they won't care if Hillary wins or if she wins legally. Those people are smarter than I thought. :bonk:

Keith, this too will pass if given enough time. So keep focused on what really matters, the wife and family those close y and those not close by, and you will make it throught this. [emoji106]

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

[emoji106]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Most of the public thinks motorcycle owners that ride much are crazy!
They all so see anyone wanting to be a cop crazy!
So with two counts guess you are bat sh*t crazy. Ain't it great! :cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

FallenAngel wrote:
YoDude wrote:Shit Keith, if worse comes to worse, just blast a spliff, that should fix ya up!!... or at least make ya not care anyway! LOL :mrgreen:

Yo-
What is a spliff???
A joint, doobie, number, stick, mary-j, pot......spliff

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I can see the headlines now....."Crazed cop goes off the deep end...goes around pissing on everyone's tooth brush"..
More auspicious news at 10..stay tuned folks this could get real interesting!
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

I think before doing that think he would take up other stuff he is good at. Tree and fence pullin. [emoji106]