The way things are

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

The way things are

Post by Herb »

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/44624

"These are very weird times, indeed. For openers, we have the two most unpopular candidates in history facing off for the presidency. In the past, we were accustomed to 50% of the electorate being miserable once the votes were counted. In 2016, it appears that number will jump to 60 or 65%.

Having said that, I still don’t understand those people who by word or deed express a preference for Hillary Clinton. Although Trump can be oafish, rude and outrageous, those failings seem almost cute when compared to the endless lies, insatiable greed and risks to national security, for which Mrs. Clinton has come to be known.

As a friend said, when Trump makes a mistake, some people lose money (although that number is dwarfed by those who make money when he builds a four-star hotel or resort), whereas when Hillary Clinton goofs (and then inevitably defends her actions by lying about it), Americans die."

"It continues to confound me why, aside from personal pique, people such as Mark Kirk, John Kasich, Kelly Ayotte, Gary Johnson, Evan McMullin and the Bush men, continue to prefer Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

How can anyone who is or has ever claimed to be a Republican support someone as wicked as Mrs. Clinton?

She is such a total fraud that I suspect that even her uterus is a rental that’s going back the day after the election."
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Re: The way things are

Post by MattSunn »

I read somewhere that only 9% of eligible voters participated in both party's primaries. So both of these candidates were selected by only a small percentage of the voting public. Something like 88 million eligible voters did not bother to vote. I don't know how true this is, and I wish I had saved the article. Just as an aside, I really don't like the open primary idea. It leads to some nefarious goings on.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

WELL, THE CLINTON TRADITION OF LYING UNDER OATH CONTINUES ....

WE NEED TRUMP BADLY JUST TO PROTECT THE SUPREME COURT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS A BONUS
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

HARRIS wrote:
WE NEED TRUMP BADLY JUST TO PROTECT THE SUPREME COURT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS A BONUS

Agreed!
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

When close to 38% of the population of the USA is dependant on welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing, free cell phones, buying homes with a 1% interest rate and many other freebies offered by the liberal establishment at election time ...it's no wonder why a lying sack of horse manure can be elected President of the US......
That segment of the population will always vote in favor of their sole source of livelihood....Even if it means cutting their noses off in spite of their faces...they could care less who is in charge as long as their benefits keep rolling in on the first of the month....
I can imagine even if they would see billary commit outright murder in person they would still vote for her none the less.
And so it goes for the have nots who would rather sit on their duffs and collect those benefits than go to work and contribute to the well being of this nation....
I predict if billary wins this election the republican party will completely fall upon itself and self destruct...
because the welfare rolls will continue to grow and those voters will always vote for their benefits instead of doing what's right.
They eventually will out number conservative voters which will be the death blow to the grand ole party
And the democrats will be in the White House until this nation of ours is no more..itself collapsing upon it's own weight

MARK MY WORDS
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I do believe one of this countries founding fathers said the same thing and it has been ignored every since. The death of America is not far off, a couple of months maybe? :uhh: Just be sure and watch what cities and states vote for Hillary. :hat: [space] :OhNo; [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

There's only one explanation, Herb. The party elites you mentioned aren't in politics to serve the electorate. They're corrupt, they're in politics for power and personal gain, and they know Trump has no intentions of being on their team. They'd rather see the opposition party's candidate win the presidential election than risk having an outsider who isn't part of their beltway good ol' boy network as leader of their party. It really is that simple and that obvious in my view.
lovineveryminuteofit

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:There's only one explanation, Herb. The party elites you mentioned aren't in politics to serve the electorate. They're corrupt, they're in politics for power and personal gain, and they know Trump has no intentions of being on their team. They'd rather see the opposition party's candidate win the presidential election than risk having an outsider who isn't part of their beltway good ol' boy network as leader of their party. It really is that simple and that obvious in my view.

Well said.... and your expert analysis backs up my earlier post...
Those party elites you speak off are the ones handing out all the freebies to that 38 % of the population
that contribute nothing to the well being of this great country of ours
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

JFL Live wrote:
HARRIS wrote:

Agreed!
Double agree! This will be the real power of the next person to occupy the oval office. The ramifications of having 6, 7 far left supreme court justices is scary. No, it's unthinkable. The stuff of which coups and revolutions are made. :donno:
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

SuzyRidr2 wrote:There's only one explanation, Herb. The party elites you mentioned aren't in politics to serve the electorate. They're corrupt, they're in politics for power and personal gain, and they know Trump has no intentions of being on their team. They'd rather see the opposition party's candidate win the presidential election than risk having an outsider who isn't part of their beltway good ol' boy network as leader of their party. It really is that simple and that obvious in my view.
To be honest about this... there isn't a nichols worth of difference between the two parties. They both are out to take as much power as they can and the people be damned if they get in the way. :hellfire:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
To be honest about this... there isn't a nichols worth of difference between the two parties. They both are out to take as much power as they can and the people be damned if they get in the way. :hellfire:
And trump is in the way... Big time.

BTW, the SC is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem we face is the President's political appointees. All of his/her department heads actually control the day to day workings of the government.
It is obama's appointments that have been the problem with government overreach, mismanagement and outright illegal conduct in the government. From the IRS stalling conservative non-profits, to the dept of education telling schools that they will not get federal funding if they don't allow boys in the girls locker and restrooms, to the EPA overreach on the 'environment, to the justice dept refusing to deport illegals and refusing to charge hildabeast, to, the dept of health and welfare providing benefits that are more than the average worker makes, to.... and the list goes on and on and on and on.
These are the things that are sucking the life blood out of the country.
That is why the presidential election is so important, the SC CAN be a problem, but the vast majority of the illegal and immoral actions of the obama administration (and the hildabeast administration, if she is elected) will never make it to the SC for a decision, and even if they find against the dims, the dims just ignore the decision, because they control the justice dept.
Keep in mind that the SC, and the congress do not have any actual enforcement arm, they have to rely on the justice dept to carry out the decisions they make.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

HAVING ALL THE DIFFERENT " DEPARTMENTS " PERMITS ENACTING POLICIES THAT SIDE STEP CONGRESS AND THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, HOPEFULLY THEIR HEADS OF OPERATION WILL BE ABOLISHED AND THE THE DEPARTMENT ALONG TOO.
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Herb wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:
And trump is in the way... Big time.

BTW, the SC is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem we face is the President's political appointees. All of his/her department heads actually control the day to day workings of the government.
It is obama's appointments that have been the problem with government overreach, mismanagement and outright illegal conduct in the government. From the IRS stalling conservative non-profits, to the dept of education telling schools that they will not get federal funding if they don't allow boys in the girls locker and restrooms, to the EPA overreach on the 'environment, to the justice dept refusing to deport illegals and refusing to charge hildabeast, to, the dept of health and welfare providing benefits that are more than the average worker makes, to.... and the list goes on and on and on and on.
These are the things that are sucking the life blood out of the country.
That is why the presidential election is so important, the SC CAN be a problem, but the vast majority of the illegal and immoral actions of the obama administration (and the hildabeast administration, if she is elected) will never make it to the SC for a decision, and even if they find against the dims, the dims just ignore the decision, because they control the justice dept.
Keep in mind that the SC, and the congress do not have any actual enforcement arm, they have to rely on the justice dept to carry out the decisions they make.
Very well said. All the things you point out is exactly why Washington has to be shaken up and no government lawmakers in either party are willing to be a part of that. It didn't surprise me at all when Bush, Rubio, Kasich and the others broke their pledge to support Trump as the primary winner. They're taking their orders from the party big shots and donor-class elites who back them. These people are all part of the same ilk.

It's hasn't even gotten nasty yet. We're going to get a real taste of how the election process really works and to what lengths these "public servants" will go to hang onto power. I hope voters are paying attention.
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I have a feeling Hillary is going to come out on top when this rigged election is over. Those in power do not want Trump in the way of them doing business as usual ... especially stomping on the rights of the people. The 2nd amendment is the only thing in the way of a dictator taking over the USofA.

For those that do not know FEMA was not set up to handle emergencies but it's real job is to make sure the government continues in the event of a massive war inside the U.S. and to keep safe those needed to keep that government going. I also did not know that FEMA was formed by an EO signed by Carter.
President Carter's 1979 executive order merged many of the separate disaster-related responsibilities into the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
We need to get rid of that EO thing for the safety of this country and it's legal citizens. :hat: