Well it finally happened

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Well it finally happened

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

It is raining so hard we are flooded and my tent/cot has water in it. :cry: Now I have to sit in the shower stall till it quits raining and pull the sleeping bag out of the tent so it will dry. This isn't the worst day of my life, but pretty damn close. :hellfire:

edit: I think it is time to see if the van leaks with the tarp over it and if it doesn't then it will be cleaned out and all that stuff put in the screen room covered up with a tarp and then I will move into the van. :Umm: [space] :OhNo; [space] :soda:

And then there is the other thing I could do and should have done... PUT the rainfly on the tent. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Well it finally happened

Update: the rain has quit and the storm has moved off to the north. According to the radar that should be it for the rest of the day unless a storm pops up which could happen since I am beside one of the biggest lakes in Okla. :blink:

What is kind of funny is I have a light blanket sitting on top of the tent/cot and it didn't even get wet, but the tent and sleeping bag are soaked . :bonk: This would normally made me mad as all get out, but since there is nothing I can do about it then I figure why get mad. :soda: Now if the sun would come out and dry out the tent/cot I might get up the energy to put the rainfly on it and hang the sleeping bag on the line to dry out. :lol:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

well, now that you mention it the van is dry on the inside so I guess the cheap tarp I put on it did what I put it on there for.... to keep the rain from leaking in thru the dried side window seal on the driver side where it has the big dent. That dent doesn't hurt the driving any, but it totaled out the van. :lolfall: Seems these old van aren't worth anything. :bonk:

Crap, I just put the sleeping bag on the line to dry out and another storm seems to be building up to the south and west of me. I can hear the thunder rolling as it gets nearer. :cry:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Today I went to Atwoods, a farm supply type store about 15 miles away, to see what kind of sub pump they had and there wasn't a rain cloud (dark cloud) in the sky, I start home and the dark rainy looking clouds are out. I stop at Dollar General to pick up some pop and it starts to look like rain. I get home (5 miles from DG) and it is sprinkling. By the time I get the pop put up it is starting to rain and within 15 minutes of me getting home it is a heavy downpour. :eek: I got home just in time for the rain to start and when it did it got heavy quick. :bonk:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I vote John has the best adventures! Maybe... [emoji2] :mrgreen:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yo, I'll put it this way... I do have my moments when everything, I do mean everything seems to be against me and then it straightens out. The rain stops, the sun shines and the tent/cot and sleeping bag dries out. I have one awesome guardian angel. :clap: I've lived to be 65 and done stuff or rather been through stuff that would have killed most other people. I've had motorcycle wrecks, car wrecks, even wrecked a van made into a motor home. I just thank God I never had an airplane. :lolfall: Whatever it is that I am here on Earth to do once it is done I hope I go silently in my sleep. :OhNo;

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote: Whatever it is that I am here on Earth to do once it is done I hope I go silently in my sleep. :OhNo;
like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like his passengers.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I love camping. But John, now he gets to camp out 12 mos. out of the year! Some people would regard that as very exciting! :clap:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

NE_FL wrote:I love camping. But John, now he gets to camp out 12 mos. out of the year! Some people would regard that as very exciting! :clap:
Actually I call it living the good life while I can. [emoji2] No two days are the same and there are days that are better than others. Then you have your rainy days which you learn to live with even if your tent does get flooded. :lol:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Haha, rainy days in YOUR situation will definitely prove weather or not you have been in preparation for the future! :wink:
Some ant hills may have the same effect. :blink:

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

YoDude wrote:Haha, rainy days in YOUR situation will definitely prove weather or not you have been in preparation for the future! :wink:
Some ant hills may have the same effect. :blink:

Yo-
Yo, ant hills come and then go away every time it rains. Speaking of ant hills I noticed that the bunch of ants that built the one hill I took a pic of have built a new one even bigger right next to it... and then I accidentally stepped on it destroying it. :bonk: [space] :cry: [space] :soda:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Trust me John you didn't really kill the ant hill....and.....they are not in submission either!

Yo-

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Didn't kill the ant hill... but they no longer use the one I stepped on and built another one right next to it. I do enjoy watching the little things build the ant hills, I just wish they would build it in a less traveled place. :bonk:

frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Post by frodo »

Been there done that...I rode into a campground, it was getting dark and I set up my tent in a valley...I woke up in 5" of water. Everything soaked! :bang: :bang: :bang:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

As sad as it is to say... I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. Keep your head above water and swim for your life. :lolfall: