Rain Rain Go Away

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Rain Rain Go Away

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Yep, we are getting more rain. If this keeps up I'm trading the 800 in for a boat. :lolfall: I think this makes three days in a row for us to get rain and it is calling for more rain tomorrow and the next day. At least we aren't being flooded out like Johnny and LA was, so far anyway. Image
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Post by Designer »

While I really don't know exactly your predicament,..did hear your tent got flooded, :blink: :tongue: :blink: ......but would putting your tent (and other things) on Wooden Skids help you out? Rising them above Surface Ground Water Levels in heavy Rain? :Umm:

Just trying to be a Boy Scout... :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

For once we're not getting any of the wet stuff....for the time being anyway....I even rode today [emoji106]

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid= ... 1&loop=yes

Hope your situation improves John...before you're carried away by the floods [emoji2]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Ok, the rain has stopped. So I can say I am alright for now. My tent/cot is set on a pallet so it is off the ground. It got water in it because it leaked. :eek: I took the rainfly off because there just isn't any air moving inside and it gets hot with it on. So I put a tarp over the tent/cot and it did fine for the first few storms. But that one the other day was a bad one and it blew rain inside the screen room and onto the part of the tent the tarp didn't cover all the way. So the water slowly leaked into the tent. That soaked the tent and my sleeping bag. :bonk: The rain fly is back on and I am dry and warm since the nights are starting to get chilly. I just have to make sure the tent is aired out to get rid of any moisture when it isn't raining. :soda:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And what temp do you consider cool? [emoji2]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Cool... that would be the low 60's when I am trying to sleep. :blink: Oh that would be the low 60's with it raining. :soda:

Forgot what thread I was in. So an update is due..... It rained this morning. We had a huge badasse storm come thru the area this morning, while it was dark, and soaked everything that wasn't soaked already. I did feel rain come in the door a little, which is open to let air in, and the door is at least 4 feet from the screen door. At least the sleeping bag and cot stayed dry this time. :clap:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Another weather update: hot, no wind and high humidity. Yesterday I was standing in Linda's trailer and the sweat was pouring off me. It seemed the more sweat I wiped off the wetter I got. :bonk: