Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

RIP George!

Post by YoDude »

One awesome person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-sVBy ... 919.742458

Thanks George!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Re: RIP George!

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Listened to the whole thing and then a few more. Thanks. I needed that. George always made more sense to me than politics. :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I'm not so sure he was as funny as some people think he was. You take out the cuss words (nasty language) and what do you have? In that clip I didn't laugh at anything he said, I did smile once or twice and clicked it off when he started in with the bad language. :blink: I watched 3 hours of the Dean Martin roast last night and got a lot of laughs without one dirty word. :clap:

Oh, besides that the man died June 22, 2008. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I'm not so sure he was as funny as some people think he was. You take out the cuss words (nasty language) and what do you have? In that clip I didn't laugh at anything he said, I did smile once or twice and clicked it off when he started in with the bad language. :blink: I watched 3 hours of the Dean Martin roast last night and got a lot of laughs without one dirty word. :clap:

Oh, besides that the man died June 22, 2008. :bonk:
I have to agree with your synopsis there. :bow:

He was awfully cynical and very stunted in his viewpoints at times. And these were Personally-held Views of his (as he says they were) no merely a basis for his monologue performances.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Loved Carlin! His pessimism-to-humor is right up my alley! He told it like it is and used an off-beat sense of humor to remind us how insignificant we really are compared to the universe around us...all of us!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How he could remember all his lines...so many adjectives [emoji106] But I have to agree he used the F word too excessively....some audiences could have done without it.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"