The SSA sucks (a rant)

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

The SSA sucks (a rant)

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

As most, if not all of the regular board members, know I am drawing my SS. In Jan. of this year I turned 65 and was given Medicare and I decided to take part B. Fast forward to now and it is the middle of Sept and I have not received my Medicare card showing I am signed up and have part B. Last month I went to the SS office in Okmulgee 45 miles (one way) and asked them why I hadn't received my card. He said it didn't show me as signed up for Medicare or part B. I informed him that SS was taking $120.82 out of my check each month for part B so I must be signed up. It was at this time that I asked him to just remove me from part B but leave me signed up for Medicare. He said it would take over a month to remove me. Why does it take longer to remove someone from a list than it does to add them to that list? :hellfire: Hells bells SS took the money for part B out of my SS payment in Feb and that was only a month after signing up for it, but now they want to take 2 months to remove me. I guess it is so they can withhold one more months payment for part B. :bonk:

I will be glad when I am situated enough where I don't have to depend on these azzhats. :hellfire: Wed is payday for me unless something bad happens before then. I'll get less than $600 to last me for the whole month. I know of $300 of it that is spent before I even get it. $100 land payment, $100 for insurance and tag, $80 for a 40 lb propane tank and at least $20 for gas. That doesn't leave a whole lot to live on for 30 days. If my math is right that leaves less than $10 a day. :sad: Crap, you add in the 800 needs new tires front and back and well all I can say is I am screwed again this month. If Alan decides he can move the motor home that will be another $200 I will have to pay. Never mind, it will work out it has so far. :blink: [space] :soda:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: The SSA sucks (a rant)

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

John you are automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A when you turn 65.....there is no sign up for that.....they should have mailed you your card about three months after you turned 65.....there is no fees for part A....
Part B is an entirely different animal...and they should have mailed you a card denoting Part A with the start date (usually the 1st day of the month you turn 65) and Part B denoting the date you applied for it........
A simple reminder to the SS office that you had not received your card should have been sufficient to get them to mail you a new Medicare card..

Remember when you signed up for SS....and you had to wait several months after you applied for your first check :bonk:
....well the way they explained that to me was you're not getting paid money for this month ...you're getting paid for last month.....That may be the explanation why it's going to take another couple of months to take you off the Part B of Medicare......

Note
If you drop Part B, you generally won’t be able to enroll in Part B again until the next General Enrollment Period (January 1 – March 31st) and you may have to pay a late enrollment penalty.

You can check it all out right here:
https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change ... art-b.html
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

:funnylast:

Truer words were never spoken! :lmao:

He does have a lot of trials & tribulations, sort makes for interesting and sometimes amusing reading though. :cheers:

Oh, & John, keep em coming buddy. :HatTip:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Spitfire wrote::funnylast:

Truer words were never spoken! :lmao:

He does have a lot of trials & tribulations, sort makes for interesting and sometimes amusing reading though. :cheers:

Oh, & John, keep em coming buddy. :HatTip:
I enjoy reading about his problems, makes my life seem simple.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Wasn't there a cartoon character who walked around with a dark storm cloud over his head? Mr. $*%&@@, if I recall. :lolfall:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

The update we have all been waiting to read...

the card came in the mail today. :clap: It says I am signed up for Medicare and Medicare part B. So now I have to wait till next month to see if they take me off. If they don't I'll just stay on it and learn to live cheaper than I already do. I guess it is time to suck it up and try again to get my Wrangler retirement started. They have more hoops to jump thru than a hula hoop factory has hoops. And all over a stupid $125 a month which will cover the part B. :bonk: I may just have to plan a trip to Greensboro, NC next year and get it started in person. :ahha:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Here is John trying his damn best to uncomplicate his life and you come along with suggestions that would complicate his life... :blink: :eek:

.Oh well..good friends and good intentions are hard to come by these days [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote:John,

Of course, you're gonna need a camera. And reliable internet. And a modem. And a YouTube account. And camera mounts so you can place it in different spots as you go through your day.

On second thought, forget it. :lmao:
I have a camera, my internet is available nation wide, I use a USB modem and have a youtube account. I've just never uploaded a video. So that leaves me needing a go pro mount. :Umm: I can take my laptop anywhere I go.... even the girls bathroom. :lmao:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

John, stay out of the girls bathroom! :bang:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:John,

Of course, you're gonna need a camera. And reliable internet. And a modem. And a YouTube account. And camera mounts so you can place it in different spots as you go through your day.

On second thought, forget it. :lmao:
I have a camera, my internet is available nation wide, I use a USB modem and have a youtube account. I've just never uploaded a video. So that leaves me needing a go pro mount. :Umm: I can take my laptop anywhere I go.... even the girls bathroom. :lmao:

You have all that you need... Laptop should have a camera for you to film your trials & tribulation monologue. Throw in a few pics, play with editing tool already with Windows software and you've got it!

My grandson the other day was excited and really impressed that Grandma had some YouTube's.
He is 8 years old and his aspiration in life is to make some YouTube's but right now his parents thinks he is too young. :lolfall:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website