All this gun talk...

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: All this gun talk...

Post by Designer »

Well, well, well! [emoji2]

Sure looks like all this nay-saying about gun ownership by n-Trude has had the opposite effect from what he intended! :lmao:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I want a gun and had an AR15 until it was stolen and ended up in the trunk of the sheriff's car. :bonk: Even had a Remington pump 12 gauge that was stolen at the same time. I imagine it ended up at the same place. :blink: [space] :soda: As for help I have none, sorry.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

I had a Remington pump 12 guage, 3 inch chambers to take sluggers,----- in stainless. It was on my yacht I had at that time when I sailed the South China seas. I got it out only once. No --I don't want to talk about it. You have never known fear like I have.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote:I think the word you're searching for is seized, not stolen.

:soda:
No, it was stolen and I know who stole it. He paid for it with his life tho. As he OD/d from the drugs he bought with the money he got from selling the AR15. I'm not sure who had the shotgun, but the sheriff's office has it now. Even if I could prove the AR15 is mine I have no way of proving it was stolen as there is no longer a stolen guns report. It seems to have disappeared about the same time the sheriff got an AR15. Which by the way they are not suppose to have. :bonk:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

98VS1400 wrote: IF you have the serial number, the gun would still be in NCIC as stolen.
I don't have the serial numbers, but I'm sure they are on file someplace as I bought the gun from a dealer at a flea market decades ago. And you are assuming they put the report in the NCIC. As my profile says Wewoka is known as Little Chicago for a reason. :bonk: the people behind bars at the Sheriffs office are probably more honest than the ones with the guns and badges. :OhNo;

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

I cant talk about Marlins as I have not owned one. I had heard that Winchester started making lever action rifles again. Maybe that is an option. Maybe Henry as well.

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

I just had my levergun out Sunday to play with, it always makes me smile. Its the original assault rifle, to use the phraseology of the panty wetting crowd.

I have heard, but can't verify that the QC is back up on the Marlins. Take that with a grain of salt since I have found that the internet has the ability to make one guy with a product that will be taken care of under warranty, look like the entire company is collapsing and being run by the janitor.

If you can wait a bit Keith, look for an older model. I have a pre-64 Winchester that is just sweet. The old marlins are great too. You would need a little research on the time frames to NOT get into but finding a good one should be fairly easy. The main difference between the 2 are that the Winny is top eject so scoping is interesting, the Marlin is side eject. Keep in mind the 30-30 is really only a 200ish yard round so good peep sights work pretty good. I was doing clay birds at 100 yard with mine last weekend.

New ones, from about all makers, are hit and miss as to whether they need a trip home to be tweaked some. There are a lot of people in the workforce today that only give a crap about the check on Friday.

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Travlin »

We grow our dogs bigger than your deer :cheers:

I would think that used ones would be pretty easy to come by down there in the land of blue hairs.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

One more consideration, around here anyway, there are a fair number of people who buy a rifle for hunting season, then, wen its over, they sell it off. The dealers are flush with used rifles before and right after big game season.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Tried an AR-10 ? That's my primary hunting rifle...for everything.
-DBTO

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Travlin »

Sadly, my HK91 isn't on the approved list for hunting 4 legid critters.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Travlin wrote:Sadly, my HK91 isn't on the approved list for hunting 4 legid critters.
I have to wonder why.... it's just a rifle, no? [emoji56] :evil:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Just wanting to add something to this thread so here goes. While I was at the pawn shop picking up the silver bar I pawned last week I noticed a few rifles on display. They had price and caliber tags on them. So I just had to look at a few of the knockoff AR15 ones. I found a couple for under $300 and one for $385 in the 223 caliber. :eek: ThenI found a few more in the $800 to $900 range. When I bought mine back in the 90's I paid $895 for it.Totally out of my price range now even if I could legally own one. I found a few 22's I might be interested in. So I might be talking to some friends or relatives about buying a pawned gun in the near future. Hopefully before Obama decided to do his thing. :lol:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I bought a Win 30-30 Buffalo Bill Commemorative years back, made in 1968..I think I paid 130 bucks for it back then....lost the box it came in with the divorce (sound familiar LOL )....Looked it up on the net and they are valued at 695 bucks now...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

We want guns. big fucking guns.

[youtube][/youtube]

:lmao: [emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Lechy wrote:We want guns. big fucking guns.

[youtube][/youtube]

:lmao: [emoji41]
What movie was this from? I dunno. ;IDunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Split Second,

Full movie here,

[youtube][/youtube]

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

98VS1400 wrote:I'm currently seeking out a Marlin 336. I've heard and read that Marlin kinda went down hill when Remington bought them out a few years ago, so I'd prefer to get an actual Marlin, circa 2009 or so. I'm going to visit some pawn shops in the area to see what might be out there, but honestly, a brand new one is $475 with a walnut stock, or even a little cheaper if a guy wanted a laminate stock (I don't.)

Is there anyone here who has any first hand knowledge of the quality on the new Remlins? A few guys on YouTube suggest the quality has returned to the Marlin rifles, but I'm not sure. I might look at some new ones as well just to see.
Remington handed the Marlin rifle to their shotgun making dept., fit & finish was horrible,but I hear they'er getting better. By the by, since these rifles were Marlin first and then Rem. made; wouldn't they be Marlingtons? :confused:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Spyder wrote:
98VS1400 wrote: Is there anyone here who has any first hand knowledge of the quality on the new Remlins? A few guys on YouTube suggest the quality has returned to the Marlin rifles, but I'm not sure. I might look at some new ones as well just to see.
Remington handed the Marlin rifle to their shotgun making dept., fit & finish was horrible,but I hear they'er getting better. By the by, since these rifles were Marlin first and then Rem. made; wouldn't they be Marlingtons? :confused:
From what you say I would call them junk. :blink:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Winchester Arms is the real deal
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"