Ever hear of an Alum and water battery

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Ever hear of an Alum and water battery

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I was looking for a way to recondition my van battery as it keeps losing power. It might be because I have the sliding side door open and the hatchback open. :bonk: But no lights are on. Anyway, back to what this thread is about. I saw a video showing me how to do the Epson salt and water exchange and the next video I saw was on how to put Alum and water in your battery instead of water and battery acid. The article I found about this said this mixture was eco friendly. No dangerous chemicals, no dangerous gases and perfectly harmless. :Umm: So I was wondering if anyone else has heard or seen anything about this? :blink: [space] :soda:

edit: Forgot to add the link to the article.

http://rexresearch.com/articles2/alpbatty.htm
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Joe A
Learning My Moped
My Bike: The Legendary Classic

Re: Ever hear of an Alum and water battery

Post by Joe A »

If the door switches are activated - even if the bulbs are out - the circuit is closed, and whatever resistance the circuit presents is loaded on the battery. If you're going to leave them open for long periods of time, pull the breakers at the fuse box.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I have to wonder why it is that people are always trying the good ideas of good experiments to work on old junk parts that are barely still useful, if at all even still work.

So what happens if a person take a NEW battery that has never had any acid in it and tries the experiment?
Motorcycle batteries that are dry charged can be had left and right all day long. Why not use one of them and then see how it all turns out?

Instead we get some guy in Arkansas that's digging up some old battery that's been out in the weeds in the yard for 2 years and he's trying to rejuvenate it. Why?

Likely, so he can spout off about some super brilliant discovery he just found or experiment that he's revisiting, all without any proof.

I'll pass. Now if the guy is willing to spend about $40 for a new battery and then show us some proof of what he's done and how well it works, then I might be interested.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Thats how you find out stuff! One thing can lead to another and maybe a better mouse trap is made... Hold my beer and watch this! :cheers:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

The battery fluid is non corrosive - the battery gas is not explosive - the battery can be discharged more deeply - the battery can be charged faster - the battery will last longer - there is not corrosion of the terminals - it is extremely cheap - more power in cold weather
I'm immediately skeptical when I see such claims. If you tell me that every aspect of this Frankenstein battery is better than the original, it defies logic that some one or some company wouldn't have already marketed it and made a gazillion dollars.

I often see Facebook posts telling people how to make their own household products. I remember one a while back that promised you would never buy expensive Round Up again if you gave it a try. As it turned out, a gallon of the main ingredient used to make this miracle weed killer cost at least $4.50 a gallon, depending on where you bought it, I checked the price of Round Up on line and determined I could make regular strength Round Up (red top) from concentrate for about $2.00 a gallon. This is the way a lot of them turn out.

That's not to say all of the ideas you see floated on line are bunk. We learned years ago that the ingredients in most household cleaning products were easily obtained or could be substituted and that most products we bought at the store contained little else but water and/or filler. A person can make a lot of their own household products for a fraction of what they cost at the store and there are lots of web sites out there devoted to doing just that. My wife makes most of her cleaning products nowadays. The last batch of laundry detergent she made lasted us a year and a half and cost about $22.

Didn't intend to change the subject, BlackToptravelr ... Getting back to the topic, I'm very skeptical, but would be very interested in the results if you give it a try. :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

SuzyRidr2, there is a company in China that is making this battery and putting it in an electric motorcycle in Australia. Okay, it is a silicone battery. http://www.guineng.com/index0.htm
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:SuzyRidr2, there is a company in China that is making this battery and putting it in an electric motorcycle in Australia. Okay, it is a silicone battery. http://www.guineng.com/index0.htm
My mistake. I thought this guy was making these claims about his reconstituted alum battery. Let us know how that turns out if you try it.

As far as silicone rechargeable batteries go, here's another company in Canada that makes them. They make pretty much the same claims.

http://www.siliconebatteries.ca/contact.html
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

X-Ray glasses! Did anyone you know ever order a pair back when we you were a kid? The pics showed just the first layer gone when the view of a young gal was shown.That was enough for a teen with money I guess.The bunch I ran with spent it all on gas,wine,and rubbers in the hope we could use them to not need the glasses :lmao: .
One this summer my son in law was told about and worked for us was to stuff a plain brown paper sack with paper and hang from places wood bees were at.I saw all most none were as I was having lots of trouble!
About three years ago my grandson told me about the really powerfull air rifle Louis and Clark took with them to impress the Indians.Someone has laid this line on a 21 year old and he took it hook and line I thought. Looked it up and he was so right! I told on the board about it back then and lots of pics and tales about it on the net.They were even used in war some.They cost too much to outfit many with or the south may have won with them if they had them.Good read if you like history and guns.Still most the time if it don't sound right it ain't. :cheers: