Keep it civil
NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

CO2 and Global Warming Exposed

Post by NE_FL »

This might be old, but still interesting:

BREATHE DEEPLY, (AND HOLD IT).

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne , professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide , and the director of multiple mineral exploration and mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born: 12 February 1946 (age 69)
Residence: Australia
Nationality: Australian
Fields of Study: Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering
Institutions: University of New England , University of Newcastle , University of Melbourne , University of Adelaide
Alma mater: University of New South Wales , Macquarie University
Thesis: The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)
Notable Awards: Eureka Prize (1995,2002), Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The recent volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50p light bulbs with £5 light bulbs ...... well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it!!!!

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past few years and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: CO2 and Global Warming Exposed

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Crap, does that mean living offgrid like I want means nothing? No it means I can produce as much electricity as I can without depending on a company that wants all my money... what little I have. :bang:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I have always taken the whole global warming/climate change scare with a great deal of skepticism, especially when scientists started treating carbon dioxide as if it were an atmospheric contaminant (when it's actually a natural and essential element for life on our dirt ball) and particularly when politicians tried to create a Wall Street commodity (carbon credits) out of thin air.

Remember the Deep Water Horizon oil spill? Alarmists proclaimed the devastation would impact the Gulf of Mexico for generations to come. As I recall, beaches were cleaned up and tourism was back on track the very next season. The Atlantic ocean burped, her stomach growled a little and it was all over. This planet has seen a lot of devastation and extreme change, and will in the future, but I believe it has not, not will it, have anything to do with us. We're the ones who will be going away. This planet will take everything we throw at her, sneeze, and go on about her business.
lovineveryminuteofit

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Certain things however, some that perhaps we don't have control over and may even be responsible for, could bring cause for alarm. One such issue is that of the bees. If we lose them, which IS an issue, life around here [the world] will basically suck.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

You will not notice an increase sitting in your deck chair eating ice cream thinking Hmmm its hot today. That is not global warming.

As the world may or maybe not getting warmer --because of us --- can we take the chance. Would it be so terrible to clean up and stop pollution , would it hurt so bad just to make sure it isnt us.

Global warming is the Antarctic and the Antarctica.

In the North of the planet polor bears just can not feed on the ice as there isnt any. This is getting worse every year.

Do you think we could/ should take the chance,--is it so hard to clean up a bit.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Fred wrote:You will not notice an increase sitting in your deck chair eating ice cream thinking Hmmm its hot today. That is not global warming.
As the world may or maybe not getting warmer --because of us --- can we take the chance. Would it be so terrible to clean up and stop pollution , would it hurt so bad just to make sure it isnt us.

Global warming is the Antarctic and the Antarctica.

In the North of the planet polor bears just can not feed on the ice as there isnt any. This is getting worse every year.

Do you think we could/ should take the chance,--is it so hard to clean up a bit.
Blah, blah, blah. [space] It isn't "us".

The same thing happened in 1922:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/science/ ... ng1922.asp

Perhaps it was because of all those Model "T" fords polluting the atmosphere? :Umm: [space] :lmao: :lmao:

"WE' are NOT,... "the cause" The earths climate IS ALWAYS CHANGING. And doing what you suggest WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE CLIMATE.

Only result of doing what you suggest will be to harm US.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Are you sure -- Are you 100% sure you are correct. getting this wrong is the end of the Earth ---well not for the affluent USA that can dig down and live below, But that will cost you sqillions of trillions so maybe we could be wise about this for a change and just clean up a bit, thats all thats required, just stop being polutive, easy -- nothing to it, not even war money.

But get this wrong and money will mean nothing. This is where you religious nuts frighten the rest--do you think God will swoop down just in time.

Nope! its up to us and when I say us I am being polite --its you, the Dirty USA and china too but they are stupid and Ignorant --you are not supposed to be.

Enough standing around in denial pointing fingers at others ,-------- Stupid Humans.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

:hat:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Fred wrote:Are you sure -- Are you 100% sure you are correct. getting this wrong is the end of the Earth ---well not for the affluent USA that can dig down and live below, But that will cost you sqillions of trillions so maybe we could be wise about this for a change and just clean up a bit, thats all thats required, just stop being polutive, easy -- nothing to it, not even war money. But get this wrong and money will mean nothing. This is where you religious nuts frighten the rest--do you think God will swoop down just in time. Nope! its up to us and when I say us I am being polite --its you, the Dirty USA and china too but they are stupid and Ignorant --you are not supposed to be. Enough standing around in denial pointing fingers at others ,-------- Stupid Humans.

End of the Earth! End of the Earth! :shock: [space] The Sky is falling! The Sky is Falling! :eek:

Hey Chicken Little,...your severe myopia is THE CAUSE of your totally WRONG POV. [space] You need to take off your stunted-view glasses and SEE HISTORY.

Didn't you READ WHAT I SHOWED YOU? This EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED 95 years ago! (1922) [space] Did the World End?,....Nope! (or did you not notice the REALITY around you?) :roll:

Instead of warming endlessly until doomsday, we see 50 years later the Climate Alarmists like you were shrieking,..."ICE AGE!....AN ICE AGE IS COMING!" (early 1970's)

Guess what!,.....it didn't!! (or did you not notice the REALITY around you?) :roll:

You need to pull your head outta your ass,...wipe the shit from your eyes,...and LOOK AND LEARN beyond your stunted vision!!

Stupid PIGGY in Malaysia

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

HISTORY !!!!! YOU DICK HEAD . the last ice age was 10,000 years ago not 1922.

I never saw global warming or did I say there was an ice age coming or has there been one.

I just said (i'lle make it clear so you can understand and put it in big letters) WHATS WRONG WITH CLEANING UP.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Fred wrote:HISTORY !!!!! YOU DICK HEAD . the last ice age was 10,000 years ago not 1922. I never saw global warming or did I say there was an ice age coming or has there been one. I just said (i'lle make it clear so you can understand and put it in big letters) WHATS WRONG WITH CLEANING UP.
Hey Idoit!

I NEVER SAID the last ice age was in 1922! :roll: [space] My Gosh are you THAT DRUNK??

READ WHAT I TYPED! [space] I said the last POLAR WARMING ALARM WAS IN 1922! (see the link that says so above)

And,....I NEVER SAID that you said there was an ice age coming. :roll: [space] I mentioned the 1970's Ice Age predictions so you would LEARN ABOUT THE HISTORY OF WRONGFUL CLIMATE ALARMIST BULLSHIT. [space] You know,...just like the WRONGFUL CLIMATE ALARMIST BULLSHIT YOU ARE SPEWING NOW!

Guys! Can there BE anymore clear-cut evidence of the effects of his alcoholism? :Umm:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

The only warming happening these days is my furnace kicking on at night. And yes...it burns good old fuel oil.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

wow, just think how much CO2 will be put in the air when the SHTF happens and everyone has to burn wood for heat, cook and for lights in the evening as there will be no gas, electric or propane. :bang:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

So, if the earth's global temperature increases a degree or two, it's the end of the earth, huh? That's exactly what the climate change crazies want you to believe. No, when the Yellowstone caldera blows up, it'll be the end or life on planet earth as we know it. Or, when we plunge into another ice age.

Whatever brings about the end of life on earth won't have much to do with emissions or the green house effect, I'm guessing. All the bees dying could spell the end of us and most living creatures, but that'll have little to do with climate and a lot to do with chemical insecticides and companies like Monsanto, I'm afraid. If politician's were really concerned with the welfare of the planet, they'd be on this bee problem like stink on shit.

Whatever influence we could possibly have on planet earth's global temperatures pales in comparison to the natural climatic cycles, so why spend trillions of dollars trying to impact global temperatures when there's no proof we even have the ability to do so and the rest of the world isn't on board anyway?

Makes no sense to me. :uhh:
lovineveryminuteofit

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

The end of the earth will occur not because of natural climate change but when some fanatical "leader" with a death wish starts a nuclear holocaust beginning and ending the next world war. Thousands of nuclear armed missiles flying back and forth will make this planet uninhabitable for anyone that's left. Carbon emissions are the least of our worries!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Ok, let's take a closer look at this Bee thing. We know it is causes by the big agri companies like Monsanto. If all the bees die it isn't the end of the world like some want you to believe. It will be a hardship on the other insects that also pollinate plants. Now for the silver lining in this... we can put those on welfare to work pollinating the plants, flowers and crops by hand. It is already being discussed how to pollinate plants by hand. Boy, that would be one way to weed out those that really want to work and eat, those that just want to eat and those that just want whatever they can get that is free. :bonk:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

BlacktopTravelr wrote: If all the bees die it isn't the end of the world like some want you to believe. It will be a hardship on the other insects that also pollinate plants.
It might be a hardship on us too. I'm reading that of the 100 crop species that provide 90% of our global food supply, 71 are bee-pollinated. Okay, human kind could survive a bee extinction, I guess. We could survive a global nuclear war too, but it probably wouldn't be a world we'd care to live in. I know I wouldn't. [emoji106]

Employ welfare recipients? :lmao: Assuming we still have a government, they'll still be getting their human-hand-pollinated benefits for free. [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

SuzyRidr2 wrote: Employ welfare recipients? :lmao: Assuming we still have a government, they'll still be getting their human-hand-pollinated benefits for free. [emoji2]
Yes, we will have a government and it will again be a government of " We the people." Those of us that live thru this will turn on those that caused it and exterminate then just like they exterminated the bees. That will include the freebie grabbing no good people on welfare that should have been out working and giving back to the government.

Yes, it will be hard times, but the American people have already shown that they can and will get through hard times by hard work and a willingness to live in the greatest nation this world has ever seen. :bow:
:soapbox: rant oven. Now can someone help me off this soapbox, I almost broke my leg getting on it the last time. :lolfall:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

If the world as we know it melts down, why would we want to go down the slippery-slope path of governance again? Why not just everyone for themselves? :uhh:

Just food for thought. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit