Speaking about a Sportster light

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Speaking about a Sportster light

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I mentioned to someone about how bad the stock headlight on the 800 was and he brought over a Sportster headlight, bucket and all. So while I was killing time I thought I would check out this light. It is the same size as the light on the bike so I took the Sportsters light apart and then took out the 800 light. After looking at all the crap that would have to be removed from the stock light I said to heck with it and went to put it back in the bike. Just by chance I checked the bulb to make sure it worked. Well, the low beam didn't come on. :eek: So I went over to the sportster light and removed the bulb out of it and put it in the light bucket on the 800. It was a fit and both the high and low beam worked. :clap: :clap: :clap: So I put the light back in the 800 and put the sportsters light back together. I then went about doing what I do best... nothing. :lmao: :lolfall:

After taking my nightly one mile walk I decided to see how bright the light was on the 800. It is bright and shines way higher than the 800 bulb did. So I'm thinking I need to do some adjusting when I get around to it.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: Speaking about a Sportster light

Post by Cuban »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Speaking about a Sportster light...
[emoji2] Kinda related...

Remember the old '77 Sporty I posted over in this thread? Well I finally talked the B-i-L into letting me finish it up properly. The front brake was always a weak point with that bike so I got the front end off a '93 from eBay. It's here in the man cave already, and I'm waiting for a caliper/master cylinder assembly from a '96, this week. I still need to order the adapter kit for the new neck bearings. Both the forks and the stem are larger than the original components. He's also ordered a set of forward controls for his long legs, and a new spoked wheel. Never really liked the spindly looking wheel on the front of that thing. Anyway, once that's all assembled, I plan to incorporate the original Sportster headlight (with the visor) and will probably add risers and replace the handlebar with something that'll better suit the new seating position. I'll wait until I can seat him on the modified chassis to make that final determination. Here's how it looks now...

:cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

At one time I had an old '69 Sportster but used it as a down payment on my house and 5 acres. :lolfall: That thing was a PITA when it wanted to be. To start it you had to use the kick starter and just touch the throttle once or it was flooded. :bang: I rode it to work one night and it took me 30 minutes to get it started when I got ready to go home after work. :fubird: Stupid HD. :lolfall:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

The old stock magnito sportsters were the worse starting harleys ever IMO. Did yours have a battery BlackTop? We would take a rope with us to pull the one that rode the most with us. Both my Evo sportsters were good bikes [emoji106] .Rode the plain jane low bar 1995 883 to Sturgis and other states on a eight day trip.No troubles other than the last year for the two gallon tank and ran out of gas three times but the qt bottle of gas I carried in a saddle bag got me to gas two out of the three times..Got some gas out of one of the two friends tanks the one time. Got over 11,000 on it in less than a year as a third bike. Really like them solo and feel lots lighter than they are.
Got back in a little while ago from a one night two day trip to Cumberland Gap National Park Ky/Tenn/Virginia and made camp in the Virginia part. The forest fires we could smell a little at night and the coyotes were really bad and cut our sleep by half what we usually get plus high 30s temps.Rode my C50 but really would have rather had one of my sportsters for mpg and power.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I can't honestly say if it had a battery or not, but I don't think it did. What I hated about that bike the most was the headlight was always needing to be tightened up and the chain also. :bang:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Most Sportsters are just too small for me....I can't fold myself up to ride them. The ones with forward control are a good bit better to ride though. Here's to the EVO engine....best darn engine Harley ever dreamed up.

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

jonnycando wrote:Most Sportsters are just too small for me....
You're too big. :lolfall:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

:funnylast: :funnylast:
A really short gal that pours the coffee were we old coots meet said she was too short. I tell her you are FUN SIZE. Lots of women are great in lots of sizes IMO. :rock:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

Cuban wrote: You're too big. :lolfall:
old time rider wrote: :funnylast: :funnylast:
:lolfall: I bet we'd laugh at all the same jokes... :cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I got a PM from Fred saying you two were a joke. :lmao: Ok,he really didn't send me a pm, but I bet he thought it. :lol: