Having a small dog (puppy) sucks

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Having a small dog (puppy) sucks

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I was happy when I got my little Weiny Dog, but she has become the dog from hell. If she isn't chewing things up, she'll chew up anything she can get in her mouth, she is throwing up her breakfast. I gave her some food for breakfast and she ate it like it was going out of style. I happened to notice she was making noise like she was chewing on something :OhNo; and when I put my hand down to see what it was I found out she had thrown up part of her breakfast. Yuck, now I have a yucky spot on my pallet on the floor in front of the heater. I might have to sleep in the loft tonight. :lol: She has moved onto her bed and left me to clean up the mess she made. I think I will leave it to see what she does before I start cleaning it up. :Umm:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Re: Having a small dog (puppy) sucks

Post by VRH »

[emoji106] Puppy love, man. Raise the pooch right and you have a friend to the end. [emoji41]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

ah, she knows I love the little thing. She's just a PITA once in a while, like during the day and when I want to sleep. :lolfall:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Crate her during bed time.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I plan to get some kind of cage when I get the money, but until then she gets to do as she wants. :bang:

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

Sounds like she need a stick or an old beef bone to chew on. Puppies gotta chew. Give what is okay to chew on and keep your eyes peeled for the wrong move. No sleeping on the job!!!! :eek:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

She has chew toys that she chews on when I am around. It is when I am gone that she gets into whatever she can and trashes the house, mostly with paper of some kind :bang: She's a pup and with luck she will grow out of it. Image

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Anything you don't want her to chew on, put tabasco sauce on and let it dry. When she starts to chew on it she will get the stuff in her mouth. About the 2nd or 3rd time she will figure out this isn't a good idea and quit chewing on that type of thing.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Oh I've thought about the tabasco thing, but like I said most of what bothers me the most happens when I am gone and is her tearing up paper items. Where she finds these things is beyond me. :bang: Right now my floor looks like we just had a ticker tape parade in here. Tiny pieces of paper everywhere. :lolfall:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Oh I've thought about the tabasco thing, but like I said most of what bothers me the most happens when I am gone and is her tearing up paper items. Where she finds these things is beyond me. :bang: Right now my floor looks like we just had a ticker tape parade in here. Tiny pieces of paper everywhere. :lolfall:
Yeah, I remember having puppies, I refuse to have another one. We now only adopt full grown dogs. You might try leaving some paper, with tabasco sauce on it, on purpose. Coating electrical cords is also a good idea.

We had a pup that would chew on the wood furniture, when we were gone (he had figured out that he got in trouble for chewing stuff wehn we were home), coated a bunch of stuff with tabasco. He stopped chewing on it real quick.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

ALTHOUGH IT'S BETTER THAN A WOMAN ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

VRH
Got My M1 License!

Post by VRH »

I have Coon Hounds. They must like Tabasco because it did not even slow them down. They chewed the heck out of many things.

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

I have found raising & training a pup to be about the most rewarding and enjoyable things I've done in life; study-up on training, I think you'll enjoy it.
Be patient, you'll be amazed how fast your pup learns. :cheers:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:... I found out she had thrown up part of her breakfast. Yuck, now I have a yucky spot on my pallet on the floor in front of the heater. I might have to sleep in the loft tonight. :lol: She has moved onto her bed and left me to clean up the mess she made. I think I will leave it to see what she does before I start cleaning it up. :Umm:
NO no no, don't clean up. Most dogs will simply eat the upchuck and consider it dessert! :lmao:

Some not asked for advice: If you are gone all day and won't spend a lot of time socializing (training) your pet, get a cat.
Dogs are great for households where one spouse stays home and can keep a close eye on it to teach it acceptable behavior, or for retirees with a lot of time on their hands and want something else to do. Having a well trained canine companion to share your life can be very rewarding.

[emoji2]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

As I said eariler in this thread I didn't plan on getting a pet she was giving to me because the other person didn't want her any more. So seeing as how it wasn't spanky's fault I took her in hoping for the best. Maybe one of these day's I'll see it. :lolfall: