Veteran's Day video

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Veteran's Day video

Post by DevilsFan »

I played this video today for my 5th graders. I told them all to grab a Kleenex and didn't tell them why. They all sat down, I dimmed the lights and played this on my projector.
For 15 minutes not one student spoke. They all seemed hypnotized by this. As I walked through the back of the room there actually were a few of my girls using the tissues to dab their eyes. As I watched there were parts for me that took a lot to hold myself back. (The dog by the casket is so hard to watch.)

When the video ended I explained to them how a serviceman or woman joins the military so everyone in this classroom can say what they want, do what they want, any time they want. I told them that a serviceman or woman never asks for handouts or to be praised. I explained that members of our armed forces only want our country to be safe, free and prosperous. And I informed them that a serviceman will give their lives so that my students can live free.

For a rare time...every student of mine listened.

[youtube][/youtube]
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Re: Veteran's Day video

Post by HARRIS »

LEST WE FORGET WHAT IT TAKES TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY OUR BLESSING IN THIS COUNTRY .....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Couldn't keep my eyes dry. Thanks for posting that. Best tribute I've seen. :rock:

I hope the school doesn't fire you for baptizing those school children in truth and reality.
lovineveryminuteofit

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Couldn't keep my eyes dry. Thanks for posting that. Best tribute I've seen. :rock:

I hope the school doesn't fire you for baptizing those school children in truth and reality.

I gives a crap if they ever went after me. They honored a few of us teachers anyway so it'd be a tough battle. Plus...I'd just call the media and let them put it out there!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.