Bikers help Springsteen, on broken down motorcycle on the side of the road

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Bikers help Springsteen, on broken down motorcycle on the side of the road

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Coming across Bruce Springsteen on a broken down motorcycle on the side of the road could probably be a lyric from one of his songs, but it really happened for a group of guys from New Jersey.

A group from the Freehold American Legion was riding after a Veterans Day event Friday when Dan Barkalow says he saw a stranded motorcyclist up ahead near Allaire State Park in Wall Township.

"Bikers gotta stick together," Barkalow said. "I stopped to see if he needed help, and it was Bruce."

Barkalow says they tried to help get his bike running, but when they couldn't, Springsteen — wearing a brown riding jacket and a red handkerchief — hopped on the back of Ryan Bailey's bike and they headed to a local bar.

"We sat there and shot the breeze for a half hour, 45 minutes till his ride showed up," Barkalow said. "Nice guy, real down to earth. Just talked about motorcycles and his old Freehold days."

Springsteen was raised in Freehold and still lives in New Jersey. The American Legion post says Springsteen is eligible to join since his father was a veteran.

"It was nice to help out," Bailey said. "One Freehold person helping out another."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertai ... story.html
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Bikers help Springsteen, on broken down motorcycle on the side of the road

Post by Designer »

""Bikers gotta stick together," Barkalow said. "I stopped to see if he needed help"..... That's the spirit of True Bikers. [emoji106]

Bet those guys weren't Riding BMW's! [emoji2]

I'm in trouble now! :OhNo;

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Bet not many even so so wrenches in the bunch. You other old farts how many times did you really have to haul one in? Bet you fixed them lots more times on the side of the road and we packed more tools and no cell or plastic cards! We have pulled them to a better place or all the way home if local with another bike.Still pack enough avis strap to tie stuff on or pull another bike. They pull easy if no motor or tranny lock up.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

old time rider wrote:Bet not many even so so wrenches in the bunch. You other old farts how many times did you really have to haul one in? Bet you fixed them lots more times on the side of the road and we packed more tools and no cell or plastic cards! We have pulled them to a better place or all the way home if local with another bike.Still pack enough avis strap to tie stuff on or pull another bike. They pull easy if no motor or tranny lock up.
Pulled one over 100 miles once. Guy threw a chain and it wound around the sprocket against the swingarm. Twisted it like a pretzel. Honda 250 Dream. Pulled him home with my 160 Honda, 40 miles in the wrong direction. Oh well, got him home. Only took me a little over 1.5 hours extra to get home.

I don't even remember his name...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

That's a cool story of meeting Bruce Springsteen and helping him out with his broke down bike, But....
Didn't he call Trump a "moron"?

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Like a lot of the singers but most big libs it seems.Bet he's not a flag burn type.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

old time rider wrote:Like a lot of the singers but most big libs it seems. Bet he's not a flag burn type.
Perhaps he isn't.

But I bet he sure IS a TARD! [emoji2]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I've never asked a biker broke down on the side of the road what party affiliation he or she were ..... :blink: :bonk:

On a ride in Texas on evening two of us run into one such biker broke down on the side of the roadway....lost a master link....
we always carried a few extra and sure enough we had one that fit..
.he was a ruff looking dude...we could tell he was
what we referred to at the time as an "ole time biker".....long hair....clothes was ruffled and somewhat torn but he was as cordial as
could be...he even offered us one of his hot beers he had stashed in one of his leather saddle bags...finally got him back on the road
and while we were saying adios.....he put his vest on which was laying on the ground the whole time......Bandido's...
Never judge the book by it's cover.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Talked to HAs at sturgis before not knowing who they were till seeing the patch but never try to start any talk with any 1% type. Some do seem as normal as me! That ain't setting the bar too high :bonk: but no way I want to be around them or drink with them. My old broke down bunch of bike riding friends suit me fine :cheers: .I try to and do make new friends every year but old ones,some rode with since the early 70s, are so great to under stand what the hell you are talking about. :lmao:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

The guy that gave me the sportster light said he was once a Bandido. For some reason he decided to quit the club, he has a lot of tats and one is a huge 13.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: