School Feared American Flag Might Cause Post-Election Backlash

Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

School Feared American Flag Might Cause Post-Election Backlash

Post by Designer »

11.19.16 Written by Todd Starnes

There’s trouble brewing in Lincoln, Nebraska where students at a public school were told they could not fly the American flag – because it might spark some sort of post-election backlash.

On Veterans Day someone had pulled Old Glory off a flagpole on a students’ pickup truck at The Career Academy. It’s unclear who was responsible for desecrating the flag, but the owner of the truck was concerned about a “potentially disruptive climate.” [space] The school district said that prompted the school’s administrators to “review the situation and make a determination that there would be potential for continued disruption.” [space] The Journal Star reported that administrators asked students not to fly the flag “out of an abundance of caution.” [space] Although, they did say they would “consider letting students fly the flags on another appropriate day, such as Presidents Day,” the newspaper reported.

As you might imagine, the flag ban did not go over very well in Lincoln – home to many God-loving patriots. [space] “We have heard from many students, families and community members who were concerned about taking away those rights,” the district said.

The outrage prompted the school district to hold a press conference on Nov. 17 to retract the ban and apologize.

“We want to make this very clear: Lincoln Public Schools students are free to fly their flags on their cars, and leave the flags on their vehicles during the school day,” the district said in a prepared statement. [space] “Hindsight would suggest that this could have been handled in a different way and we are amending our original decision,” the district said. “We respect the right for students to display their flags. We should not have asked our students to remove them.”

The district went on to say their flag ban “could easily and understandably have been misinterpreted as infringing on the rights of freedom of expression and speech.”

There was no misinterpretation — because it was an infringement – a shameful infringement.

Instead of cracking down on American patriotism, how about cracking down on people who desecrate the American flag? How about more discipline and less capitulation? Is that too much to ask from a public school these days?

Then again, this is the same school district that had a problem with teachers calling children boys and girls. They wanted the teachers to use more gender inclusive language.

I wonder what the gender inclusive word for stupid is – because there’s a whole mess of it in the public education system.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: School Feared American Flag Might Cause Post-Election Backlash

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:11.19.16 Written by Todd Starnes

Instead of cracking down on American patriotism, how about cracking down on people who desecrate the American flag? How about more discipline and less capitulation? Is that too much to ask from a public school these days?

I wonder what the gender inclusive word for stupid is – because there’s a whole mess of it in the public education system.[/u][/i]
Here, in a nutshell, are the 2 main problems in the USA.

Blame the victim, being taught by the stupid school system.

Out in CA schools would not let students wear a shirt with Old Glory on it, on Sinco The Mayo, because it might cause some illegal alien's kid to attack the flag wearer. Yet it was completely alright for the illegal aliens to hang a mexican flag from a balcony.

The worst thing was that the lib media didn't even cover the issue.

These are the things that got Trump elected. I just hope he can make a difference.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THE MAJORITY WHO DENOUNCED THE POS OF 8 YEARS DEVELOPES THE STRENGTH AND CONVICTION TO QUASH THE LEFT'S DAMAGE AND RESTORE WHAT IS PROPER. NO MORE OF BEING A " DOOR MAT " FOR THEM.

AS SAID MANY TIMES, " THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN .... "
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The redemption of true morals begin january 20th, 2017 [emoji106]
Let's hope the liberal ass media reports the news as it happens and keeps politics out of the equation....which I doubt very seriously that they will do.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"