I am not a happy camper

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: I am not a happy camper

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

For those that this kind of thing matters, the SSA is still taking out the money for part B. I just checked my bank statement and it was short by $121.80. So we are back to where we were and that is them owing me another $365.40 for taking out payments for the three months after they said my plan B stopped, according to the letter they sent, at the end of September. So they still owe for Oct, Nov and Dec. that they still withheld payments in. :hellfire:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
PCC wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:So they refunded you the $362.40???...WOW and that quick eh? Glad that worked out well for you John....it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system.....
I signed up for medicare plan B in August of this year upon the urging of my sweet wife....she was worried that if something were to happen to her ability to work I might lose out on her insurance plan, of which I am covered as a spouse ( or dependent as listed LOL ). Well come to find out I would have had been given a 3 month grace period to sign up for Plan B if I were to lose coverage under her health insurance plan....... :bonk: [emoji106]
Medicare Plan A and B according to SS...... covers the remaining 20% that my primary insurance doesn't cover... But there are exclusions so I'm finding out...For one medicare Plan B doesn't cover regular office visits WTF??? That's one of the reasons I applied for SS..I had thought for sure it would have covered some or even all of that co pay....It doesn't.....
But it did help out with my blood work ( which I do a week before a doc's app )..of the $100.00 bill for the blood work my share is $4.27
which is a little less than one monthly payment ....
It is unusual for an insurance to be primary when you are retirement age.
Most insurance plans for employee & their spouse revert to supplemental plan when the employee or spouse becomes eligible for Medicare since Medicare usual is considered to pays primary. :blink:

Not so unusual for the federal government to screw you over.....and it would make sense to make medicare the primary...but not so in my case.
However i haven't had any serious medical problems that have landed me in the hospital for surgery of any kind......that's where I' would find out exactly how much they ( medicare ) actually would contribute to the final costs..

Not really saying Federal Gov. Won't screw you over...just have not seen too many insurer that continue to be primary. I have worked with the insurance industry for several years.

In John's case the Medicaid program will buy into Medicare program and pay his part B for him if he would apply and be deemed eligible for his state Medicaid program.
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

PCC wrote: In John's case the Medicaid program will buy into Medicare program and pay his part B for him if he would apply and be deemed eligible for his state Medicaid program.
Now why wasn't I told this before I dropped Plan B? According to the Medicare letter I got I will have to pay a penalty every month if I rejoin. :bang:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
PCC wrote: In John's case the Medicaid program will buy into Medicare program and pay his part B for him if he would apply and be deemed eligible for his state Medicaid program.
Now why wasn't I told this before I dropped Plan B? According to the Medicare letter I got I will have to pay a penalty every month if I rejoin. :bang:
I am surprised that you were not informed before & especially when you wanted to opt out.

I can not attest to Medicare staff knowledge but that was my job for several years. I was responsible for the Medicaid hotline with a staff that were versed in all knowledge of Medicaid programs & their coverage plus how they interfaced with Federal programs including Medicare.
Of My Meanderings...

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Sadly, the agencies of the federal government are often staffed with people who don't give a hoot....so things that need to be done, such as actually adjusting a person't account never happen despite assurances that it has. There are way too many people in the government who don't do anything. It's not that there isn't too much to do already, it's just people that are not productive. Full authority has to exist at the local office level, where you can be standing there and the clerk assisting you can throw all the switches that make everything come out the way it's supposed to. Issues refunds...make sure your monthly check is properly adjusted, immediately.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

jonnycando wrote:Sadly, the agencies of the federal government are often staffed with people who don't give a hoot....so things that need to be done, such as actually adjusting a person't account never happen despite assurances that it has. There are way too many people in the government who don't do anything. It's not that there isn't too much to do already, it's just people that are not productive. Full authority has to exist at the local office level, where you can be standing there and the clerk assisting you can throw all the switches that make everything come out the way it's supposed to. Issues refunds...make sure your monthly check is properly adjusted, immediately.
It's bad enough when gumint "workers" don't do their jobs.

Even worse are the people that keep coming up with more crap, just to justify their existence.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

PCC wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:
I am surprised that you were not informed before & especially when you wanted to opt out.

I can not attest to Medicare staff knowledge but that was my job for several years. I was responsible for the Medicaid hotline with a staff that were versed in all knowledge of Medicaid programs & their coverage plus how they interfaced with Federal programs including Medicare.
Since they haven't dropped you, maybe it would be a good idea to check on the Medicaid program, before you push it any farther.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

Yep, with a 600 dollar check being all that comes in I do reckon you might be able to qualify there.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Herb wrote:[
Since they haven't dropped you, maybe it would be a good idea to check on the Medicaid program, before you push it any farther.
I've got my new Medicare card and it says all I am signed up for is Medicare. That is why I'm pissed they are still taking out the money fot Plan B. :bang: [space] :hellfire:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

IF you are signed up for a medicare advantage plan that replaces part B, you should have their card, and it would pay on Medicare's behalf, but you might still have a medicare card which could still be used under certain circumstances. Still, you have been badly handled with this whole escapade! :bonk:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by PCC »

Herb wrote:
PCC wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:

Pardon my French but.. If he had signed anything to discontinue the Part B (which I am sure he has already) then he is screwed... Even tho the fiscal part has still has not gotten things right yet... the administrative staff has set it in motion. :donno:
Of My Meanderings...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

PCC wrote:
Herb wrote:
PCC wrote:
BlacktopTravelr wrote:

Pardon my French but.. If he had signed anything to discontinue the Part B (which I am sure he has already) then he is screwed... Even tho the fiscal part has still has not gotten things right yet... the administrative staff has set it in motion. :donno:
Depends, IF it hasn't gone through yet, it is still possible that it won't.

ALSO, the open enrollment period starts in Jan so he can re-enroll next month.

If he finds out how to use medicaid to pay the part B, it would be advantageous to re-enroll.

https://www.medicarerights.org/PartB-En ... eriods.pdf

Go to the link to read about general enrollment, it is close to the end. There is also information about a help paying the premiums and co-pays, if you can't afford it.

When he wanted to dis-enroll they should have ask why and told him about this.

Go here for information on medicaid programs.

http://www.okhca.org/

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Herb wrote:

If he finds out how to use medicaid to pay the part B, it would be advantageous to re-enroll.

Go to the link to read about general enrollment, it is close to the end. There is also information about a help paying the premiums and co-pays, if you can't afford it.

He asked why and I told him I couldn't live on what I was getting a month. But and this is where I screwed up I wrote down that I no longer needed Plan B. I have my copy of the Medicare rules and it states that if I change my mind and rejoin the Plan B that I will have to pay a penalty every month.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Herb wrote:

He asked why and I told him I couldn't live on what I was getting a month. But and this is where I screwed up I wrote down that I no longer needed Plan B. I have my copy of the Medicare rules and it states that if I change my mind and rejoin the Plan B that I will have to pay a penalty every month.
According to what I read it is a 10% of the cost for each FULL 12 months that you did have Part B. But You haven't been a full 12 months with out it. Shouldn't be any penalty.

To me, It would be well worth your effort to actually find out what the rules are, both for Medicare and Medicaid, and how they work in your situation...

I don't have a choice in having part B. TriCare for life requires I pay for part B, even though TriCare doesn't charge a fee, once the retiree goes on medicare, it does require we pay for part B.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Herb wrote:
According to what I read it is a 10% of the cost for each FULL 12 months that you did have Part B. But You haven't been a full 12 months with out it. Shouldn't be any penalty.

To me, It would be well worth your effort to actually find out what the rules are, both for Medicare and Medicaid, and how they work in your situation...

I don't have a choice in having part B. TriCare for life requires I pay for part B, even though TriCare doesn't charge a fee, once the retiree goes on medicare, it does require we pay for part B.
I didn't have it for 12 months and haven't been off it for 12 months, according to the Medicare site (part of the SS site.) It's just a big joke to me now. Sometime real soon I will try a different SSA office and see what they have to say. Maybe, just maybe, they will be more helpful.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Herb wrote:

I didn't have it for 12 months and haven't been off it for 12 months, according to the Medicare site (part of the SS site.) It's just a big joke to me now. Sometime real soon I will try a different SSA office and see what they have to say. Maybe, just maybe, they will be more helpful.
it sure could be worth figuring the situation out.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I don't think that's going to help John......most likely they (SS office ) will refer you back to the original office where you first made your claim..
They keep meticulous files on that shit but it's the entire bureaucracy that keeps fucking things up ...
At our SS office each individual is assigned a case worker and if you have problem(s) and you visit their office you'll most likely end up speaking with the person who first made contact and signed you up..or that is the policy anyway.....there's only one drawback to that crap....they keep promoting personnel so by the time you need assistance the person who first signed up up will not be working in that department and they will send you home until another case worker is assigned to your individual case........

ASK ME HOW I KNOW......... :bonk: :bonk:

And that's what the federal government doe so well ...Foucking peoples lifes up
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:I don't think that's going to help John......most likely they (SS office ) will refer you back to the original office where you first made your claim..
They keep meticulous files on that shit but it's the entire bureaucracy that keeps fucking things up ...
At our SS office each individual is assigned a case worker and if you have problem(s) and you visit their office you'll most likely end up speaking with the person who first made contact and signed you up..or that is the policy anyway.....there's only one drawback to that crap....they keep promoting personnel so by the time you need assistance the person who first signed up up will not be working in that department and they will send you home until another case worker is assigned to your individual case........

ASK ME HOW I KNOW......... :bonk: :bonk:

And that's what the federal government doe so well ...Foucking peoples lifes up
I am from the government and I am here to help you.

the 12 most feared words in the English language...

I have to admit that the person that signed my wife and I up was (is?) knowledgeable and was very helpful to us. She explained everything very clearly and concisely.

My wife and I I had to sign up for medicare part B before we actually started drawing SS and she helped us get it all figured out and working correctly. Things went off like clockwork.