I am not a happy camper

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

I am not a happy camper

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I got a letter from the SSA in the mail today telling me they were going to take me of Plan B :clap: and I would get a refund around Dec. 6 for $241.60 for when they took me off Plan B 9/30/16. :bang: But I asked to be taken off Plan B 8/22/16. That $241.60 is 2/3's of what they said they were paying me on their website. In other words that are still going to withhold a months cost of Plan B because they can. I plan to go to the SSA office in Muskogee with a copy of what they said they would pay me on 11/21/16, a copy of when I asked to be taken off Plan B (8/22/16) and the letter I got today and ask them to explain what is going on. It is probably a wasted trip, but I need that extra $120.80.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: I am not a happy camper

Post by Herb »

Keep after them, they count on people giving up and letting it go. Keep being the squeaky wheel and they will end up paying it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I have proof they owe me at least one more month than they say they do. They owe me $362.40 and I plan to get it. :hellfire:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

John.....when is your anniversary date ? With SS it's your date of birth......
You may give them hell with your demands but you're fighting a losing battle, sorry to say.....You're dealing with system so screwed u it ain't funny.

You say you informed SS on 8/22/16....well you know how slow they are ....by the time they got around to cancelling your Plan B it was most likely well into September.....

From what you're telling us they (SS) are not going to refund your payment for the month of September and just going to repay you for the months of October and November......right?
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Johnny, I got the full amount deposited into my checking account. You can't believe a thing the SSA says and only half of what they do. :lol:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

So they refunded you the $362.40???...WOW and that quick eh? Glad that worked out well for you John....it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system.....
I signed up for medicare plan B in August of this year upon the urging of my sweet wife....she was worried that if something were to happen to her ability to work I might lose out on her insurance plan, of which I am covered as a spouse ( or dependent as listed LOL ). Well come to find out I would have had been given a 3 month grace period to sign up for Plan B if I were to lose coverage under her health insurance plan....... :bonk: [emoji106]
Medicare Plan A and B according to SS...... covers the remaining 20% that my primary insurance doesn't cover... But there are exclusions so I'm finding out...For one medicare Plan B doesn't cover regular office visits WTF??? That's one of the reasons I applied for SS..I had thought for sure it would have covered some or even all of that co pay....It doesn't.....
But it did help out with my blood work ( which I do a week before a doc's app )..of the $100.00 bill for the blood work my share is $4.27
which is a little less than one monthly payment ....
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yeap, they gave me the full 3 months, even after sending me a letter saying I would only get 2 months refunded. But it's the gov. where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does. :blink:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I just hope they don't ask for a month back.....that would not be out of character either!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

They can ask and take a month back, but I'll fight for it and I have proof it is mine. I have a signed and dated letter with their letterhead.

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

"it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system....."

you think those are entity's ...I paid into those that means when I receive mine it will be what I am owed not an ENTITY

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Elsie rider wrote:"it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system....."

you think those are entity's ...I paid into those that means when I receive mine it will be what I am owed not an ENTITY
Elsie, I didn't pay into SS they took my money without asking ever payday. But in a way I'm glad they did as I didn't have a retirement plan setup for when I needed it. Just be warned it isn't enough to live on unless you can live for a month on a weeks check. That's right what I used to make in a week is what I get for the month from SS. :bang:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

My take: SS is more or less a safety net for old folks. It doesn't provide an upscale lifestyle for those who haven't prepared for retirement.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

NE FL, it was never meant to be anything but a helping hand. But people, myself included, have come to think it is a retirement fund. And it could have been if handled right, but congress found out they could take the money out and they did. Now according to them it is broke and doesn't have the funds to pay what it should. So the ever smart congress keeps raising the retirement age in the hopes that you will die before you get old enough to draw any of "YOUR" money. Someone once mentioned a plan to fix it. Take the money out of the congressional retirement plan and put it into SS and make congress pay into SS and draw SS when they retire. Too simple you say? Not if enough people will get off their asses and force congress to do the will of the people.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:...a plan to fix it. Take the money out of the congressional retirement plan and put it into SS and make congress pay into SS and draw SS when they retire. Too simple you say? Not if enough people will get off their asses and force congress to do the will of the people.
Bingo! Agreed! Members of Congress are not a privileged class and any program/law/plan which gives them an exception should be rescinded and modified.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

I agree John.

Some states did the same. Quit paying into state employee's retirement plan's as a way to balance their under funded Sate Money.

Now some state workers are worried if they will keep getting their retirement money.... sad all the way around.

I worked and paid in for 45 years, and I did not have much say about it. Now they think its an entitlement to give it back...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

n-trude wrote:I agree John.

Some states did the same. Quit paying into state employee's retirement plan's as a way to balance their under funded Sate Money.

Now some state workers are worried if they will keep getting their retirement money.... sad all the way around.

I worked and paid in for 45 years, and I did not have much say about it. Now they think its an entitlement to give it back...
Yeah, and we were promised that the amount would keep up with the government caused inflation. Like that has happened.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:NE FL, it was never meant to be anything but a helping hand. But people, myself included, have come to think it is a retirement fund. And it could have been if handled right, but congress found out they could take the money out and they did. Now according to them it is broke and doesn't have the funds to pay what it should. So the ever smart congress keeps raising the retirement age in the hopes that you will die before you get old enough to draw any of "YOUR" money. Someone once mentioned a plan to fix it. Take the money out of the congressional retirement plan and put it into SS and make congress pay into SS and draw SS when they retire. Too simple you say? Not if enough people will get off their asses and force congress to do the will of the people.
Hmm, now if Trump instituted a plan to take that money away from the government hands so they can't touch it, I wonder how the gov would feel about that? A retirement system that's devoted to nothing but that and not connected to the feds in any way. The money that's taken out of your pay check goes directly there and waits for you to retire, as originally intended!

Then they could institute another idea that would even enhance the retirement of our people even more! The Gov "Matching Plan". You know, the one where the gov takes the money it's currently giving section 8 and welfare people and matches the amount you put into your account for all the years of HARD WORD you've put in instead of giving it to deadbeats that don't, or, refuse to work! That's right the TAX money they suck from us or at least some of it and gives it back where it belongs instead of where it's going now! Just a thought.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yo, the first thing he needs to do is get all the illegal people that are drawing SS off SS that never paid in a dime and then teach congress a lessen by raiding their retirement fund like they did SS.He could put their fund money into SS to help fund it.
edit: He needs to bitch slap the Democrats, oh hell he needs to bitch slap the whole congress. :hellfire:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:So they refunded you the $362.40???...WOW and that quick eh? Glad that worked out well for you John....it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system.....
I signed up for medicare plan B in August of this year upon the urging of my sweet wife....she was worried that if something were to happen to her ability to work I might lose out on her insurance plan, of which I am covered as a spouse ( or dependent as listed LOL ). Well come to find out I would have had been given a 3 month grace period to sign up for Plan B if I were to lose coverage under her health insurance plan....... :bonk: [emoji106]
Medicare Plan A and B according to SS...... covers the remaining 20% that my primary insurance doesn't cover... But there are exclusions so I'm finding out...For one medicare Plan B doesn't cover regular office visits WTF??? That's one of the reasons I applied for SS..I had thought for sure it would have covered some or even all of that co pay....It doesn't.....
But it did help out with my blood work ( which I do a week before a doc's app )..of the $100.00 bill for the blood work my share is $4.27
It is unusual for an insurance to be primary when you are retirement age.
Most insurance plans for employee & their spouse revert to supplemental plan when the employee or spouse becomes eligible for Medicare since Medicare usual is considered to pays primary. :blink:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

PCC wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:So they refunded you the $362.40???...WOW and that quick eh? Glad that worked out well for you John....it doesn't happen that often with a federal entity like social security and the medicare system.....
It is unusual for an insurance to be primary when you are retirement age.
Most insurance plans for employee & their spouse revert to supplemental plan when the employee or spouse becomes eligible for Medicare since Medicare usual is considered to pays primary. :blink:

Not so unusual for the federal government to screw you over.....and it would make sense to make medicare the primary...but not so in my case.
However i haven't had any serious medical problems that have landed me in the hospital for surgery of any kind......that's where I' would find out exactly how much they ( medicare ) actually would contribute to the final costs..