My bike review

Keep it civil
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: My bike review

Post by old time rider »

Watched five minutes.Does it have sound?Maybe my fire is not working? Kid you need gloves! Pic is real good but road way too flat.Will go back and look at rest now.Thanks nice roads as had to ride both ways on wet roads this AM but a warm 49.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got sound on my big set up.You sound more like a cop than you look like one. [emoji2] Lots better than I could have done and I sound more south hillbilly than you by a bunch. A few more hills and bends and you would have great roads.Good job! [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Will feel like riding with my old high sheriff friend again! You sound more high class than him but us being from Kain tuck ee guess thats normal.He was voted in two terms.Lots of danger even in the sticks job places. Every place has its things you need to learn to stay alive. Is the move to stand behind our cops getting better or just pockets of the U.S.? We never were not behine them here but we never voted Obama in at all. :lmao:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Either Florida has very liberal speed limits....or you interpret them liberally.....don't you EVER try to stop me for 3 over! :confused:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Have got lots of tickets and been to traffic school twice. Luck was with me in that when sports bikes were my big thing often was doing 130mph or more often and lots of drag racing on public highways.Did do them on light travel spots and look outs for us.D.O.T. cop gave me and a Peterbuilt the last ticket I got.Had me at 80 and big rig at 85.He dropped mine to 69 on paper.Don't give them a hard time,show respect,and usually they will give you a pass or lower the speed if thats all you are doing.
Ky. is better than lots of states.If you stay eight to ten over most the time you still are passed often. Ohio seems to run much slower IMO. Tenn. seems about the same as Kentucky.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Nice vid....other than a smooth bike ride.... didn't catch anything unusual....
My oldest son who is 39 rides the same model of Triumph as yours..loves it ...and he lives in one of the best states for riding...
. resides in Lakewood, Co and he's only 30 minutes from the mountains .. [emoji106]

And I forgot to mention that here in Louisiana on the interstate highway system...better keep it under 10 miles per hour over....otherwise troopers will pull you over for speeding...several times in the past though several troopers blinked their head lights at us for doing right at 10 mph over the posted limit...
Local parish (counties everywhere else) mounties have their own set of rules....never have figured them out yet...I've been pulled over and given several warning tickets for doing 4 mph over the posted limits.......But one thing does help out is riding in a larger group of bikers.... evidently they don't want to be tied up for an hour on the side of the road issuing speeding tickets to 15 to 20 bikes.... [emoji106]
At road blocks they will let us go through as a group..but have been stopped and checked with 3 bikes...
In Louisiana when pulled over you need to have three (3) articles of confirmation in your vehicle or on your person......

1. a Valid drivers license that is not expired
2. Proof of insurance
3. and a certificate stating that your vehicle has been inspected in the last year, 2 years or have a brake tag that is good for 5 years ($10 a year)

Brake tags are not valid in New Orleans or Baton Rouge because of emissions inspections
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

We have a couple towns that are certifiable speed traps....one of which....if the town sergeant recognizes you and knows you are never any trouble, will not bother you but any foreigner that trips his radar gets an invitation to visit the traffic judge! Prepayments usually accepted of course.