You got a lot of Stuff?

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

You got a lot of Stuff?

Post by n-trude »

I have way too much stuff....

Maybe its me getting older, birthday soon in Dec. But I think of all the stuff I need to get rid of.
If something were to happen to me. Others will have to deal with all my pile of stuff I think I need.
We had a yard sale last week, and I just closed my eyes. Sold some things at give away prices.
If they picked it up I sold it to them. I brought my 14ft enclosed trailer home for storage lot. The
roof vent, had been broken from Hail. lucky most things in tubs, but some were moldy and spotted.
I just decided to clear out the stuff and store my Trike in there for the winter.

The YouTube videos I have been watched some men decided to move South for retirement. Selling out
all their stuff to make the move.

Could you sell all your stuff? Leave with a suitcase. How long would it take? Some things your the only one who care about it.

Ever thought about it.... Some day you might have to... I think I am going to start to give things up....lol :lmao:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Re: You got a lot of Stuff?

Post by VRH »

Nope, I will not sell off my stuff. I plan to let the kids and relatives take what they want. [emoji41]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Wish I had got my dads hair genes but got his PAC rat ones. He had a full head of hair at 89 when he died. Am still sorting some of the stuff from his farm and did not take 1/4 of it! Have been at the same place since 1965 so have way too much junk. Its mostly motorcycle,car,truck stuff.Have a bunch of the 40-50s big old blue motor manuals.If its metal tend to keep it as made lots of stuff from scrap metal.

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

I'm in the process of thinning out the pile. Hope to retire in 6 years and then move out to the country somewhere. Took three giant bags of clothes to good will the other day. I've got boxes and tubs full of crap I haven't looked at for over a decade. Everything I don't want to move goes... and I'll still probably have too much stuff! :lolfall:
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

In july and august we moved frome a house we had lived in for 18 years. Got rid of a whole bunch of stuff. We had 3 yard sales, gave a box truck load of stuff to DAV, filled 2 26 ft dumpsters with junk. Still had 2 26 ft uhaul truck loads, a 12 ft uhaul trailer, and made 10 trips with my car and 5x7 ft utility trailer.

My son said we should get rid of more stuff, I told him that ain't gonna happen, he is gonna have to deal with it. I am 67 and dam glad we made the move now, a few more years and it would be a whole lot harder.

We have moved so many times that I flat out lost track of the number.

This is the last move I will make, from here it is either the nursing home, or the mortuary.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

I too moved 5 years ago from a home I lived in 37 years.

I filled the biggest dumpster they had full. Some good stuff too.
I then filled tubs and one side of my garage at new home with stuff.
That's what I am dealing with now. It has to go moving again in July.
Grandson will be out of High School and we don't need 4 bed 4 bath home.
Too big and too many stairs.. With him out of school we can live anywhere.
So there is a need to get some stuff gone.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

My wife is the pack rat of my family. I have a storage shed full of her stuff that I've been playing on for so long that the stuff in it isn't worth the rent I've paid over the years. How stupid is that? We get into a big fight every time I mention taking it all to the dump. Maybe it's my approach. [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Mine sold some of my old bell bottoms and sweaters at a yard sale! Glad it was not mc,car,truck parts. She does not hang on to much of any thing but me, the kid, and grandson. She does like my old 37 truck and the 1993 cow glide Harley.
But the better to ask forgiveness works for me.Bought a few bikes when too many at home at that time.Now she just says as long as the barn door will close.Last week someone was telling her her husband had two motorcycles! "Mine has 11 ,"she told her.Why? 'he's a sick old man" ! Guess that is about right. :bonk: :bonk:

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

Yep got a lot of stuff and plan to thin down some. However, for the most part I will keep the things I want. I have sold darn near everything twice and this time I am not going to have to buy something because I sold it and now need it.
The kids can figure it out when I am gone. :evil:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

PCC wrote:Yep got a lot of stuff and plan to thin down some. However, for the most part I will keep the things I want. I have sold darn near everything twice and this time I am not going to have to buy something because I sold it and now need it.
The kids can figure it out when I am gone. :evil:
I like your attitude...

:cheers:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Went to a motorcycle swap meet couple of weeks ago...I went in my pick up and the back and the inside were chock a block full [emoji2]
I had rented one 10 foot table and after laying out all the big stuff there was little room for the small stuff :lmao:
But as I sold some of the articles on the table it made room for anther item.... arrived there at 9 am to get a table close to the front door ( it didn't make any diff) and stayed till 3 that afternoon...sold just about everything that I had, gave away a bunch...do rags, scarfs and the like..even had a helmet that my sweet wife used to use...was asking 10 bucks for it..a little gal came by ..tried it on and it fit like a top.....in the meantime her husband bought a travel bag that he could use over his sissy bar...was one of my bigger items..sold it for 75 bucks and ended up just giving her the helmet..she was thoroughly surprised [emoji106] i traded a few items from several other sellers at the meet.....came back with a handle bar that I might just change to...it rises a few more inches than my current bars...gonna have to look into what the project might entail before I tackle it...

Now there is ample room in the bike shed which I'm sure over the course of the next several months my wife will eventually move some of her stuff over from her shed and I'll be back to square one :lmao:
I'm what some would call a marginal pack rat......one mans trash is another mans treasures I always say [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"