Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Stupidity is THE problem with big government

Post by Herb »

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... phins.html

Government stupidity will always tick me off!

"Lady Glaciers: The National Science Foundation spent $412,930 to research the 'connection between feminism and the study of glaciers.'
The report argues that 'this type of research may be of interest to some, but it is impossible to justify to Americans who, on average, would have to work more than nine years to earn that amount of money.' "

Who the hell gives a damn if there is a "connection" between feminism and the study of glaciers????
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Stupidity is THE problem with big government

Post by YoDude »

When you're in politics, ya gotta have a way to filter out the tax payers money without causing an uproar!

I see you figured that part out though [emoji2]

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

MEASLY CHUMP CHANGE IN THE BIG PICTURE .... TO THEM
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Notice,...it is The left-wingers that perpetrated this crime of allowing such a insane "study" that totally misappropriates our Tax Dollars and gives it to other left-wingers .

Remember the stealing of the Solyandra scandal? [space] And the other so-called "Alternative Energy" Scandals that fleeced us Americans of MILLIONS of our Tax Dollars all for the benefit of left-wingers?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I'm pretty sure there is plenty of blame for guilty parties on both sides of the political aisle to go around...........
This sort of government waste is usufruct ....and they could care less while spending our tax dollars...
One has to remember who these asshats are and where they come from......it's called political pay back....everyone who donates a sufficient amount of cash under the table to a candidate running for political office expects something in return...
Lobbyists are the scourge of the political landscape.....there should be a bounty of half a million dollars for their demise or else just bring in a set of ears...you can easily tell the difference between a lobbyists ears and one that isn't... they are twice the size of a normal human being... [emoji2]
Hopefully Trump will be draining this swamp in the coming months [emoji106] :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Politicians love spending other people's money. These are the same people who claim social security is bankrupt. Another big government lie. Check the facts. Social Security has operated at a surplus - meaning it has taken in more money than it paid out - every year since its implementation. At some point in the future social security may have to pay out more than it takes in, but that's the way it's supposed to work. The surpluses during the fat times are supposed to compensate for the lean years. The only problem with social security is that politicians have spent all the surpluses over the years on other stuff (like the example provided in the original post).

Even if social security does collect less money than it takes in at some point down the road, that doesn't mean the social security program is "unsustainable" (another word politicians like to scare people with). No, we'd just have to make up the difference somehow until the program becomes fat again. Hell, our government has been spending more than it takes in for decades. Somehow that's seen as necessary by politicians, but the social security program would have to be scraped if the same thing were to happen to it. Politicians! Gotta watch'em. :uhh:
lovineveryminuteofit

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Politicians love spending other people's money. These are the same people who claim social security is bankrupt. Another big government lie. Check the facts. Social Security has operated at a surplus - meaning it has taken in more money than it paid out - every year since its implementation. At some point in the future social security may have to pay out more than it takes in, but that's the way it's supposed to work. The surpluses during the fat times are supposed to compensate for the lean years. The only problem with social security is that politicians have spent all the surpluses over the years on other stuff (like the example provided in the original post).

Even if social security does collect less money than it takes in at some point down the road, that doesn't mean the social security program is "unsustainable" (another word politicians like to scare people with). No, we'd just have to make up the difference somehow until the program becomes fat again. Hell, our government has been spending more than it takes in for decades. Somehow that's seen as necessary by politicians, but the social security program would have to be scraped if the same thing were to happen to it. Politicians! Gotta watch'em. :uhh:
What really ticks me off is that the decisions for spending money this way are made by bureaucrats, and not specifically voted on by congress. The politicians pass laws that allow the "agency" to decide how to implement the law, which absolves the politicians from blame for what the "agency" does.

AND YES you are correct, there is plenty of blame for these boondoggles to go around. HOWEVER, the buck stops at the president's desk. He has the authority to control how every agency spends money. In the reported issues, it was obam'a fault, however, this type of stuff has happened under every president, for a long time. Not sure when it started, but the president has the power to stop it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

When we have political positions that actually DO NOT create anything we are going to continue to have these problems..One of DJT's platform promises was to drain the swamp of this ridiculous expenditures of tax payers dollars/////Consider the pentagon spending several thousands of dollars for a common everyday hammer you can purchase at WalMart for a buck fifty :bonk: :bonk: :fubird:
Will this nefarious practice ever stop ? Only time will tell.....But we have to remember who is making these orwellian laws we have to live by.
.............Yep the same assholes who profit from these political hand outs..It's the vicious circle of friends who are politically connected....
that's what needs to be changed.... either get rid of the scum in congress right now or create laws that forbid this kind of profitable activity [emoji106] I just hope that the Donald comes through with his promises to Drain the Swamp......
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

This pretty much says it all.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

While this thread seems to be about money the tax payers are giving the gov....and the tax payers not really liking that idea so much...It gives me a moment to ponder....Just what would the gov do if say 25% ~ 50% of the population, just didn't file their taxes for a given tax year? And I don't mean the average person...what about business as well?

Might not be a good idea now, but if the idea had sprung up during that "Ofuckasshat's" administration, ya?

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

That idea has been tossed around for as long as I can remember.........there isn't enough jails or judges to go around if half the US population would go on a tax strike.........but most if not all government services would shut down, including social security payments and there would be hell to pay

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:That idea has been tossed around for as long as I can remember.........there isn't enough jails or judges to go around if half the US population would go on a tax strike.........but most if not all government services would shut down, including social security payments and there would be hell to pay
The vast majority of us understand that taxes are required. Most of us don't really mind paying taxes (fees) for government services. Oh, we bitch and moan, but it isn't the taxes themselves that we resent.

What DOES piss us off is this kind of government waste and the silly servant attitude we have to put up with when dealing with the idiots that come up with this kind of crap.

Things like taking gas taxes, that were meant to be used to build/maintain roads, being used to build bicycle/walking paths, parks, and fund "mass transit", while the roads go to shit and the politicians want to raise gasoline taxes.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Herb you are 100% in that and that IS how it is...EVERY FUCKING TIME there's an account for dinero that's been assigned to a specific project or whatever, somehow the gov. comes in and manages to "filter" it off, just like they do with and have been doing with Social S.....and you KNOW that money is going SOMEWHERE???!!! BUT!!!!!! THERE'S never any accountability for it? Where does the money go? There needs to be a mandate made that the GOV HAS TO PRESENT....TO THE PEOPLE....WHERE THE MONEY IS REALLY GOING! ON A QUARTERLY BASIS....and not something that, if you want to know just ask....they need to state it in public forum!

I sure hope Trump can find a way to fix what the libs have so....for ...sooooo...long have taken away from the working class people!

Yo-

Spyder
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: S50----

Post by Spyder »

Y'all need to take a look at "The Grace Report". Pres. Reagan commissioned a study ( in 1984 I believe) of how the income tax was being used...it's ALL used for interest on the National Debt...not one dime is used for govt. programs. :bang: As an afterthought; why is it easy to find the statutes for Corporate Taxes, but impossible to find the statutes for Individual Taxes? Could someone please elucidate? :confused: P.S. Check this out: http://givemeliberty.org/features/taxes/usatoday.htm

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Spyder wrote:Y'all need to take a look at "The Grace Report". Pres. Reagan commissioned a study ( in 1984 I believe) of how the income tax was being used...it's ALL used for interest on the National Debt...not one dime is used for govt. programs. :bang: As an afterthought; why is it easy to find the statutes for Corporate Taxes, but impossible to find the statutes for Individual Taxes? Could someone please elucidate? :confused: P.S. Check this out: http://givemeliberty.org/features/taxes/usatoday.htm
I have read almost all of this before, and it is probably true. Never bothered to take the time to verify the facts because it isn't worth the trouble. NOTHING is gonna change the fact that the income tax is required. Too many people have gone to jail for income tax evasion. ( That is what they got Al Capone on.)

Just try to not pay your income taxes, or get a job without providing your SS or ITIN. Employers that don't withhold taxes can and have been fined and jailed.

The only way we are gonna get rid of the income tax burden is a constitutional amendment. Probably never gonna happen, the politicians love the "progressive" income tax because it helps keep the little guy from accumulating wealth.

Sandmanrrr
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Victory XCT VS 1400

Post by Sandmanrrr »

The fraud has got to be unimaginable. They are not stupid. The ones paying the bills are..... :confused:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

There just doesn't seem to be any accountability for the way they spend OUR money.