Phone solicitations for charities ....

Keep it civil
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Phone solicitations for charities ....

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I just answered a phone call from a number I didn't recognize because I'm expecting a call from a contractor who needs to schedule some work I'm having done. After politely telling the gentleman caller that I wished to decline his request for me to pledge money to support the very noble charity he's barking for, he replied with "Not even ten dollars?" To which I replied, "I'm sorry I have to decline". In response to that he asked, "Can I ask you why you have to decline?" CLICK ... I hung up on the clown.

The correct response to my declining to give him money, in my opinion, should be something similar to "Thank you for your time and have a nice day, sir". Do I really need to explain to a charity representative why I don't feel a need to give them money? I don't think so. I wish I'd asked to speak to his supervisor. Who are these people? :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Re: Phone solicitations for charities ....

Post by DevilsFan »

They're "Criminals"!!!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Phone solicitations for charities ....

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Thanks to our banks and credit card companies and anything that we voluntarily submit our names on or to can be used as material for useless and unnecessary, bothersome phone calls..............And on top of that any politically based organization including non profit organizations have the legal right to contact you by phone if they so desire. Those entities aren't covered by no call lists.
I am on a no call list and renew it every two years....but by and by we are still bombarded by incessant phone calls day and night.......
We also have caller ID.....If we do not recognize the caller we just pick up the phone, answer the call and then hang up...that way they do not leave one of those obnoxious reminders to shop JC Penny's sale of the week or Joe Blows chances of being elected Public Service Commissioner or anything in that vein... [emoji106]
One of the cool things about how TV service is anyone calling our home their name or organization is displayed on the bottom of our TV screen ( of course the TV has to be on at the time....but it allows us to view who is calling and we don't have to answer it if we don't want to.... which happens at least 5 to 10 times a day in the prime election seasons :fubird: :bonk: :bonk:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"