New tires.

Keep it civil
old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: New tires.

Post by old time rider »

Image chain drive 84 and 85 then five speed and belt.This is my still owned 1993 FLST-N or CowGlide .My grandson is 24 now!

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Thanks for the pics Paul. The color on that 84 looks almost the same as my 05. Mine does have the decal.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

MattSunn wrote:Got it a few months ago, traded my 03 Jeep for it. Had 8200 on it when I got it. The previous owner added a lot of chrome. I was surprised how well it fit me, although I may convert the pegs for floorboards. I always stayed away from Softails because I'd heard the handling was awful. Not so, and for a big bike, it's surprisingly nimble, even at low speeds. Probably the best big bike I've ever owned, not that I've owned too many large bikes. I'm extremely comfortable on this bike, both physically and confidence-wise.
[emoji106] Excellent. Being comfortable is key. I always worry about new riders not having the overall comfort level that us old timers have with our own rides. Enjoy this one, Paul. :cheers:

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

old time rider wrote:ImageFirst year 1984.See how harley keeps them looking nice and old when they looked good to start with?Got this one used in 1987 and this is Bad lands trip 1990 on 50th Sturgis meet trip.Thats all the camp gear I needed at age 44 [emoji2] .Harley saw fit to make them even more old like first two years with four speed,kicker,and dry clutch.Color was really nice on that bike IMO and factory.They had nice metal badges that year.Most have had decals since.My 93 has metal but its a numbered bike.
[emoji2] Great pic man. Reminds me a lot of kid moe's pics from the old days. [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

I loved kid moe pics.Felt like I should be in at least a few of them!

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

old time rider wrote:I loved kid moe pics.Felt like I should be in at least a few of them!
Well ya looked like you belonged in 'em. Great old pics, yup. [emoji106] :cheers:

Sandmanrrr
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Victory XCT VS 1400

Post by Sandmanrrr »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Bike or cage, new tires always makes it feel like you just got a new ride. [emoji106]
Yup! :rock:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

And the piece of mine you get out on the open road with the smell of new rubber on the road [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"