Gatlinburg Fires

Keep it civil
WearySoldier
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki VS1400

Gatlinburg Fires

Post by WearySoldier »

A video to watch, riding thru hell!! Wouldn't trade places with those guys, but an awesome video!

:shock:
Fight on Weary Solder the battle's almost done! :rock:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Gatlinburg Fires

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

That's a mighty close call.....hurricane force winds I heard
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

When I was working in the woods in OR and CA, I worked on a couple of fires. Them damn things can be scary as hell. One fire jumped over a canyon to the other hillside, one minute it was topping over a ridge, the next it was starting up the hillside that was over a mile away.

These guys were lucky, hope all of the others made it out.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Post by n-trude »

I think some cabin owners are thinking should I sell or stay.
Wonder if some in small car could have plowed through those tree tops.
If I was the driver I might have stopped and said you drive, I will hold the
camera and yell at you. :confused:

My cabin in the woods in the Ozarks, my neighbor wanted to burn his field.
It got away from him and burned 3 acres of my place.
It did not get close to my cabin. He came over and said he was sorry.
I was not there when it happened. I did not make a big deal of it. It
just happened.

Cabins in the woods are very cool places to live. But this shows what can happen.
Fire Dept. was helpless in this.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I vacationed in Gatlinburg this past July. My daughter and I rented a nice cabin in Gatlinburg. I spent 5 days gallivanting around Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge with my wife and daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids. Sad to think about everything getting burned up. It's such a nice place to visit and have fun. The go-cart rental tracks in Pigeon Forge are a blast. :rock:
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

We did ride motorcycles down every year to the big Shades of the past car show.Lots of times had to pull the old Harleys over so they would not over heat.
All so took wife and kid often.A really big water slide was fun.Fun place.Way back then DollyWood was Silver Dollar City.Its train ride was one of the best park ones around.Feel real sorry for them.Circle of Love TV movie may have helped raise a little more for them?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

There are some REALLY SICK PUPPIES in this country.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wheres-t ... ble_112016

"...people are actually out there laughing about Trump supporters’ houses burning down in the Tennessee fires, and even star Michael Ian Black is making glib, dickish jokes about it."

"This whole situation makes me hang my head. The country is obviously way past the scary point when people can be this openly disgusting to each other over something like an election! Wishing people’s houses would burn? Wishing their lives would be destroyed? Or that they would die?!
Over Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton?!?!
What in the hell has happened to people???
We need to step back and ask ourselves when, as a society, did this kind of depraved behavior become the norm?"

it became the norm when billy got away with screwing around with a subordinate, and he got a pass from the senate.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.