NO KICKSTAND NEEDED: THE SELF-BALANCING GYROCYCLE WILL HIT THE STREETS IN 2017

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

NO KICKSTAND NEEDED: THE SELF-BALANCING GYROCYCLE WILL HIT THE STREETS IN 2017

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Something I would consider in my older years [emoji106]

Motorcycles are about to take a big leap into the future. Thanks to a new prototype from Thrustcycle, self-stabilizing motorcycles could be cruising the streets in 2017.

The GyroCycle keeps upright by using internal flywheels to create a gyroscopic effect. While this is generally felt by every rider at higher speeds, the stabilization here will occur even while standing still. An added benefit from the same technology is that the bike will be less likely to lose traction and slide under itself during a turn. This grants the rider greater control and increased safety.

Self-balancing motorcycles could open up a new market for new and old riders alike. Those who are hopping on for the first time won’t have to learn how to balance such a heavy vehicle. Likewise, older riders often lack the strength to hold a motorcycle up. This has fueled much of the market for three-wheeled trikes. The GyroCycle would provide another alternative with a more traditional, two-wheel design.

While Thrustcycle is aiming to bring the first gyroscopic motorcycle to market, this doesn’t mean it will be alone. Not too long ago, BMW unveiled its very own Motorrad Vision Next 100 concept motorcycle. With either case, these new bikes are safer, cleaner, and quieter. The lack of a gas-powered motor will be a turn-off for some, but tech heads will love the futuristic look of these gyroscopic motorcycles.

Price is going to be a big issue with such high-tech vehicles. This is where the GyroCycle is likely to edge out the competition. No official price has been released yet, but Thrustcycle has suggested that the price will be under $20,000.

With multiple self-stabilizing motorcycles in development, it seems like we are getting one step closer to owning a Tron light cycle. Someone just needs to get those Disney rights.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/thrus ... gyrocycle/
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Re: NO KICKSTAND NEEDED: THE SELF-BALANCING GYROCYCLE WILL HIT THE STREETS IN 2017

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I can't wait to be riding one of these two-wheeled Smart Cars ... If it's electric powered, that'd be a big plus. :lmao:
lovineveryminuteofit

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Re: NO KICKSTAND NEEDED: THE SELF-BALANCING GYROCYCLE WILL HIT THE STREETS IN 2017

Post by VRH »

Fugly thing. :lmao: Anyone have a video of it doing a U-turn in a parking lot? Or, hitting some twisties? :uhh:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

VRH wrote:Fugly thing. :lmao: Anyone have a video of it doing a U-turn in a parking lot? Or, hitting some twisties? :uhh:
i'd quit riding before riding that.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Would be nice for running around in town...one major drawback is no room for a passenger.......But it is electric...quiet and most likely very economical .....Put it one way....this sort of ride will be the wheelchair version for physically handicap persons...
Or someone with bad knees
I'd ride it [emoji106]
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

They will be banned for supreme ugliness. :soapbox:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

The future will be a new thing for us there guys....might as well try to appreciate it.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

Nah, I don't have to appreciate it, since I have got at most 20 years to live!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

jonnycando wrote:Nah, I don't have to appreciate it, since I have got at most 20 years to live!

I gave myself 10 years at best........ some 15 years ago........ [emoji106]
NEVER QUIT....Just slow down a few notches

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

I'd try one just for laughs and giggles.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

NE_FL wrote:I'd try one just for laughs and giggles.
This thing is probably like mopeds and fat women. Fun to play with, but you wouldn't want your friends to see you on one.

[emoji41]
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.