GROWING UP IN CAJUN COUNTRY

Keep it civil
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

GROWING UP IN CAJUN COUNTRY

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Just a note to all my friends here on IsA...
This is just a glimpse of what the environment was that I grew up in....
On Saturday afternoons this was sometimes common place where I was raised....the band members were never the same ensemble...as some couldn't make the Fa Do Do either because they were working or had other home dances to go to...We Cajuns worked hard, and played hard and there was no in between.
And you didn't need an invitation either......you could hear the music starting up and just drive or walk on down and ask a girl to dance...
House dances were center of our culture.....either it was a wedding, baptism or confirmation, rodeo, family reunion, holiday weekend, a back yard bbq, birthday party, graduation, someone's loved one leaving for the armed forces, or one returning from their service, birth or a "boucherie"
(Cajun term for a party distinguished by consumption of mass quantities of food, beer, soft drinks and hard liquor . The behavior at boucheries is generally inebriate but friendly, because the cars parked outside boucheries are generally full of guns, which tend to make most civilized people really polite. Music ranges from traditional Cajun accordion and vocals)

Hope you'll enjoy the music

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: GROWING UP IN CAJUN COUNTRY

Post by Designer »

That is a really great way to have been raised.

What a nice bunch of folks who enjoy living. :cheers: :clap:

You are fortunate man. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I love the music. Everyone seems to be having so much fun.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Louisiana sounds like a great place to live, especially considering the weather. I like what I've seen of it. I've only passed through Louisiana a few times, typically the northern parts on I-20 on my way back and forth between Oklahoma and North Carolina. I did drive from Oklahoma to Biloxi once but I've forgotten which roads I took ... 49 and 10, I suppose ... over 20 years ago. I had a good buddy in the Air Force who was a proud coonass. Good, salt-of-the-earth people, but I've lived in several states in different parts of the USA and found that most people are just that - good people. You just have to overlook the few ass wipes. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Louisiana sounds like a great place to live, especially considering the weather. I like what I've seen of it. I've only passed through Louisiana a few times, typically the northern parts on I-20 on my way back and forth between Oklahoma and North Carolina. I did drive from Oklahoma to Biloxi once but I've forgotten which roads I took ... 49 and 10, I suppose ... over 20 years ago. I had a good buddy in the Air Force who was a proud coonass. Good, salt-of-the-earth people, but I've lived in several states in different parts of the USA and found that most people are just that - good people. You just have to overlook the few ass wipes. [emoji106]
In CA it is the opposite, there are a few good people that you have to sort out of the ass wipes.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Post by HARRIS »

PLUS YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT CRAW DADDIES ....
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We have two crawfish seasons......the first and the longest is from March til late May or early June and the second is during October... the rest of the time crawfish are buried in their respective holes in the ground molting Plus we have two different varieties of the delicacy mud bugs .... deep water crawfish from the Atchafalaya Basin and rice field crawfish ( pond if you like )
....but we have a variety of seafood to take the place of the absence of the mud bugs...shrimp...oysters....crabs....and mudcats namely catfish....redfish...speckled trout and the always popular bbq item...alligator tail ..
mixed that in with a good helping of white tail deer and pork...and you have the perfect ingredients for a Cajun gumbo..or sauce piquante [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
SuzyRidr2 wrote:Louisiana sounds like a great place to live, especially considering the weather. I like what I've seen of it. I've only passed through Louisiana a few times, typically the northern parts on I-20 on my way back and forth between Oklahoma and North Carolina. I did drive from Oklahoma to Biloxi once but I've forgotten which roads I took ... 49 and 10, I suppose ... over 20 years ago. I had a good buddy in the Air Force who was a proud coonass. Good, salt-of-the-earth people, but I've lived in several states in different parts of the USA and found that most people are just that - good people. You just have to overlook the few ass wipes. [emoji106]
In CA it is the opposite, there are a few good people that you have to sort out of the ass wipes.
I can confirm this from first-hand experience and the stories told me by friends of mine who have moved out there.

At first, they were quite open and neighborly ( like country folk and most Mid westerners are).

After being burned several times,....they learned not to be. Their guard is up, sad to say. :tongue:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!