You got a Video Camera for the bike?

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

You got a Video Camera for the bike?

Post by n-trude »

Ok I have some GOPRO'S and I like them, but they are expensive.

Amazon has some Knock Off's comes with 2 batteries and some mounts.

This one came out this year. Does most all the gopro does, but its $43
I know its a cheaper copy, but the price is right. Does not come with SD card, takes mini SD, but a 32G is $10, for maybe 5 hrs of video.

They make a 19 piece Acc. pack for $16 with caring case too. So camera and card for $53 not bad even if you break it.... :lmao:

So I read the reviews and you might too. If you buy it and it's a Tu*d. Forget I told you about it..... :lmao: :bonk:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: You got a Video Camera for the bike?

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Too many "cons" for my way of thinking...yes it's priced right but reading all the ( reviews ) problems folks had with the camera it would still to me anyways, be a waste of money.....I don't buy products to throw them away after only a few uses...throw away GoPro...I think not
the reviews of the GoPro are way better than this cheap piece of shit...JMHO
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

I have a few of these

I am very happy with these camaras
I checked out this one before purchasing the Black Box
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-264065 ... fgodPrYLHw
The recording quality is acceptable with both of these cameras. What I like about the black box is the 10-minute recording times

I also have a GOPRO it is still in the package. The problem I have with the GOPRO is the awkward placement of the switch to turn it on

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

If you want a good motorcycle "dash camera" you may want to look at the BikerMate - BulletHD. I bought one and it's been great! I looked at all of those GoPro types but none of them have the looping feature (constantly ON - unless the bike is turned off).

I got mine for $150 but they are worth it, to me.

Plus, it has an extra HDMI slot that can serve to put an extra cell phone/GPS charger or, should you want an extra camera for the rear-view you can use the HDMI slot for that also.

https://bullethd.com/en/cameras/44-biker-mate.html

***I believe they sell them on Amazon and Ebay.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

98VS1400 wrote:I bought one of those cheap-o units and it died after about 5 uses. While considerably more than $50, here is what I use now:
Go Pro is the proven leader and the quality is unsurpassed.

I have found that Go Pro is the most reliable and the video is finest. [space] Go Cheap?,..... and I found out just as you did. :smile:

When you think about it. Your Riding Time is valuable and often you are there riding that experience only ONCE. Why gamble on not recording that experience well....or missing it altogether?

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I have thought about them things, but to me riding is 100% experiential....I don't want to do the exact same trip twice, and I KNOW nobody wants to watch me puttering along for 8 or 10 hours!

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

jonnycando wrote:I have thought about them things, but to me riding is 100% experiential....I don't want to do the exact same trip twice, and I KNOW nobody wants to watch me puttering along for 8 or 10 hours!
Ditto! [emoji2]

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

jonnycando wrote:I have thought about them things, but to me riding is 100% experiential....I don't want to do the exact same trip twice, and I KNOW nobody wants to watch me puttering along for 8 or 10 hours!

When we have our Cabin Fever Party in January I put on the video of the Country Two-laners and Stuff I have ridden. Not the endlessly similar Putting-along daydreaming stuff, the Windy, Lean-deep-into-the-corners-and-twist-the-throttle stuff. Added in with some the Scenic "Goat Trails" that lead to places few go to.

Everyone enjoys!

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

If that were me I wouldn't want it on tape!

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

And I don't want a video record of my oopsies.....I work in an environment where every move is scrutinized carefully. Nope, I need my freedom and the few places to get it are in my home and maybe, just maybe, on my bike. Plus, if there's no video record I can think my way out of whatever, just possibly.

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

I record my rides. For my use. I found that the GoPro lets me capture really fine still images as well as video clips. Now, I would not post a 5 hour ride. That is way too boring for everyone to watch, including me. What I would do, and have played with is capturing the short clips. One thing I still need to do is learn how to make good use of the editing software. In that regard, I am a total noob. Anyway, it is interesting to me to see that what happens in real life can look rather underwhelming on a video clip.