Damn, it's cold in Duluth

Keep it civil
Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: Damn, it's cold in Duluth

Post by Cuban »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I just checked the Duluth harbor cam page and the canal cam is showing sea smoke. So I checked the temp app about half way down the right side of the page and it said -20 degrees. :eek: Minus 20 only happens in my head and I'm not about to live in a place that gets that cold.
[emoji2] Our parking lot @ here work looks out over Saint John Harbour. You know it's a cold day when all you can see are the tops of the container terminal cranes poking out of the sea smoke. Doesn't happen all that often though... usually only a few times per winter.

Lechy wrote:Damn, it's hot in Bangkok. :lmao: :lmao: [emoji41]

:fu: :lolfall: :cheers:

jonnycando wrote:We had -20 for a week about 30 years ago....funny thing was, so long as the wind don't blow, and you are bundled up properly you notice it not. The pick up truck I had at the time started and ran OK, but I couldn't shift gears for a mile or two, while the grease loosened up! The heater did a fair job, got the cab up to 45 or so....warm by comparison to outdoors! Not unusual around to here to flirt with Zero, come January. Doesn't usually last long though.
[emoji2] Yup. It's the damn wind that's the problem. :sad:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Damn, it's cold in Duluth

Post by old time rider »

On the cold part of the three and a half week Alaska trip the bottom of my sleep bag froze!This was after a mid 30s rain,small leak at tent end, then below 30.For next three nights left boots and all on and got in bag!Not best part of trip.