Keep it civil
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

"I am going to pass on a couple of meals this week..."

Post by Designer »

I post this in earnestly.

To whom ever!

As I have aged many years, now over 90, I’m going to miss a meal or two this week. And with thoughts of the front lines in France, having K-rations for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In Feb. they were cold, maybe frozen, and not a fire to heat them up with.

I am going to just pass a couple of meals this week and mail COS Action $50.00 and hope someone else will also help!

And maybe the Convention of States will get the action that is needed!

I will soon be 91 years of age. I hope COS will be passed before then. I will celebrate that day, April 27, 2017... that will make two days that are important in my lifetime. Being 91 and remembering:

My 19th birthday, as a part of the U.S. Army, walking in the gates of Dachau, Germany with many other GI’s.
Passing the Convention of States, as a birthday present to me, at 91 years of age.

Still Marching for Liberty,

Malen G.
Fort Myers, FL

This inspiring WWII veteran’s birthday wish is to pass the Convention of States Resolution in the required 34 states by his 91st birthday, April 27, 2017.

This WWII Veteran marched through the gates of a German concentration camp, and he is still marching for liberty. He sacrificed with other veteran heroes, in a country that was not their own, for a land that was not their own, and for families that were not their own...but for liberty.

I support this cause.

And if you really want results from this Election I might suggest you consider joining this effort. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: "I am going to pass on a couple of meals this week..."

Post by NE_FL »

It's nice that the founders gave us a solution to the ever increasing over-reach of the Federal government, but the problem will be to get 3/4 of all the states to agree on and ratify multiple amendments to the Constitution. Can you imagine the chaos of debating the merits of just 2 or 3 proposed amendments much less the 8 or so suggested ones all of which would be needed to bring the Feds under control? But it's worth the effort I suppose, and hopefully would not be an exercise in futility.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Exactly.............If this was a decision based on just a few people, much less politicians, this order of business would have been concluded decades ago...but we all know how slow the wheels of congress move......still camera shots every 10 minutes prove how slow they move...sometimes backwards :bonk:
With the federal entities owing so much money to the SS program they are unable to break even every pay period.... This gives the term "draning the swamp" even more meaning......
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

I took a look around on the internet to see what I could find on this subject. Not much. No names of sponsors, agenda, or participants. No mention of which states may be forming delegates. Basically, not enough information to get going with.

So, who has more information?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

VRH wrote:I took a look around on the internet to see what I could find on this subject. Not much. No names of sponsors, agenda, or participants. No mention of which states may be forming delegates. Basically, not enough information to get going with.

http://www.conventionofstates.com/?utm_ ... -219102217

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I recognize that...at this time...the mountain of obstacles needed to be climbed looks formidable.

However,....Back It Now.... and it has a chance to make a Constructive Difference.

Don't back it.....and you secure it's failure.

You make the call. ;) :bow:

VRH
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: VS1400GLP - VL1500 C90T

Post by VRH »

Designer wrote:
VRH wrote:I took a look around on the internet to see what I could find on this subject. Not much. No names of sponsors, agenda, or participants. No mention of which states may be forming delegates. Basically, not enough information to get going with.

http://www.conventionofstates.com/?utm_ ... -219102217
Thanks for the link. BTW, aside from Messers Farris, Levin, Staver and George, the others noted do not appear to have have sufficient social media presence to convey their messages. wikipedia is the bare minimum and personal web sites don't generate a following. Andrew McCarthy needs social media assistance as his profile is being surpassed by an actor with the same name. Mr Meckler seems to be pretty good at social media usage. I add this in because this is really how people communicate. Getting a few people on board to run a campaign would be a good start, followed by getting a few well known political figures to sign up

I will contact my state legislators after I have seen an agenda form up. We the people need a visible specific goal beyond having a convention.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Trouble is, I DON'T support some of the amendments that have been proposed.

If they can get an amendment that forces the federal government back into the role the current constitution assigns it, I would consider backing the proposal.

Another problem I have with it is that the libs and RINOs will probably take control of it and we would end up much worse off than before.

The proposed balanced budget amendment is a case in point. The constitution spells out very clearly the responsibilities of the feds, most of the current expenditures are NOT part of the list. Just because we have allowed the feds to spend money on many things that they are not authorized to spend money on, doesn't mean that we should open the door on even more spending.

All of the proposed BBA's that I have seen did NOTHING to limit the actual spending, or what the money can be spent on. Any one of these would actually say, "spend on what you want, as long as it is within the yearly income of the government". This allows them to spend on anything they choose, and, because they all have no provision for limiting the amount of taxes they can collect or stopping them from going around the amendment, we would end up much worse off than we are now.

I am really concerned that we would end up with amendments that would restrict our rights even more than they have been...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:Trouble is, I DON'T support some of the amendments that have been proposed.

If they can get an amendment that forces the federal government back into the role the current constitution assigns it, I would consider backing the proposal.

Another problem I have with it is that the libs and RINOs will probably take control of it and we would end up much worse off than before.
Then...by what you said...it pretty much seems like we True Americans (the ones who voted in the person we believe will spearhead the Constructive Change WE NEED in America) are doomed if we do...and doomed if we don't. :blink:

We already have an Out-of-control, Self-serving Government that doesn't listen to us voters right now. It's either going to stay that way.....or.... we take the gamble WE...the American people....take our Nation back so it represents US again.

You fears might seem justified. But I can't agree so. [space] sorry. :donno:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:Trouble is, I DON'T support some of the amendments that have been proposed.

Then...by what you said...it pretty much seems like we True Americans (the ones who voted in the person we believe will spearhead the Constructive Change WE NEED in America) are doomed if we do...and doomed if we don't. :blink:

We already have an Out-of-control, Self-serving Government that doesn't listen to us voters right now. It's either going to stay that way.....or.... we take the gamble WE...the American people....take our Nation back so it represents US again.

You fears might seem justified. But I can't agree so. [space] sorry. :donno:
If we can't vote in people that will abide by the constitution, as it was written, what makes anyone think we can improve on that with a COS???

The solution isn't in a COS, it is in a return to sanity by the voters, and I doubt that will happen.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

The only way the people will get congress back under control is with an armed revolt to overthrow those in power and show them who really is in power and that would be us "The PEOPLE." :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I think this government is way too out of hand to ever "fix". At least if "fix" means returning to the strict tenets of the constitution and the intent of our founders. We're never returning to 19th century government. That is not to say we don't keep striving for smaller, less costly, less intrusive government. I don't know if the COS movement is the answer, but we need to keep asking the question. Who knows what could become of it? I remember that Trump didn't have a prayer of a chance to even make it through the primary elections.
lovineveryminuteofit

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:I think this government is way too out of hand to ever "fix". At least if "fix" means returning to the strict tenets of the constitution and the intent of our founders. We're never returning to 19th century government. That is not to say we don't keep striving for smaller, less costly, less intrusive government. I don't know if the COS movement is the answer, but we need to keep asking the question. Who knows what could become of it? I remember that Trump didn't have a prayer of a chance to even make it through the primary elections.
My point herein is that there is little chance of getting anything done fast enough by elections. The election process, as it now is, is TOO infected with voter fraud, etc. by the elites on BOTH sides who want only to further themselves. And THE TRUMP !! cannot do it all by himself within the powers of The Presidency alone.

So.....to cast doubts upon COS is only to confirm nothing much Constructive will occur despite the recent VICTORY of us,....The True Americans.

Are you sure you want to do that? :Umm:

This decision is purely up to you. :bow:

Do Take Note [emoji2] .....similar naysaying was put forth when THE TRUMP!! first started his Bid for the Presidency. ;)

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

After carefully reading these links, I am still leery of the idea, although not as bad as I was.

I would have to know the proposed wording of the amendments before I could make a real decision.

In the 2nd link, I see #4 as a problem. "4. Limiting the power of federal regulations by allowing an easy congressional override". Congress has override authority now, and refuses to use it. What I want to see is that congress HAS to vote on EACH individual rule, that has any effect on the individuals in the USA. If the rule puts any burden on the citizens, it needs to require a vote of the congress, so that we can hold our representatives responsible for the action.

ANY rule that carries any type of requirement, or fine should have to be approved by congress.

The other thing that needs to happen is that any agency that charges or fines a person or company should have to prove their case in court. Example, the FAA can fine a company and the company has NO recourse to an outside judgement, also any action initiated by a government agency needs to require that the agency, no matter if it is federal, state or local, is responsible for the defendants legal cost.

There are some others that have good ideas, but the devil will be in the details. Example, the 2nd Amendment was written to protect the individual right to own, carry and use any gun they choose,in any way they choose, for any legal use the person chooses. However, because they added the militia phrase in it, there have been numerous, successful, challenges to the right of the individual.

I have real concerns about what the final phrasing will be, and I see the opportunity for the federal and state governments to gain even more power over the liberty of the individual.

The latter is my major concern with a COS.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:ANY rule that carries any type of requirement, or fine should have to be approved by congress.

The other thing that needs to happen is that any agency that charges or fines a person or company should have to prove their case in court. Example, the FAA can fine a company and the company has NO recourse to an outside judgement, also any action initiated by a government agency needs to require that the agency, no matter if it is federal, state or local, is responsible for the defendants legal cost.
THIS is one of THE MOST Far reaching of an amendment! There are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of laws that,... We, the people,..have not had Effective Debate on...... nor had any Effective Input on before Debate,....nor even knowledge about.....all put forth by Governmental Agencies. These have been used like a Cudgel and Americans have been hit with them without recourse, nor voice in the matter.

This is ENTIRELY against what our Nation is founded on.

Yes, any agency should have to prove it their case in a Court Of Law. BUT BEFORE THAT,.... WE, the people...MUST HAVE VOTED THAT PARTICULAR LAW INTO PLACE. Not have it surreptitiously hidden away in long verbiage of some "Act"...or "Addition" to an agencies "policies".

BTW...here is some more Good News! :clap:

http://www.cosaction.com/arkansas_files ... -219102217

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
Herb wrote:ANY rule that carries any type of requirement, or fine should have to be approved by congress.

THIS is one of THE MOST Far reaching of an amendment! There are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of laws that,... We, the people,..have not had Effective Debate on...... nor had any Effective Input on before Debate,....nor even knowledge about.....all put forth by Governmental Agencies. These have been used like a Cudgel and Americans have been hit with them without recourse, nor voice in the matter.

This is ENTIRELY against what our Nation is founded on.

Yes, any agency should have to prove it their case in a Court Of Law. BUT BEFORE THAT,.... WE, the people...MUST HAVE VOTED THAT PARTICULAR LAW INTO PLACE. Not have it surreptitiously hidden away in long verbiage of some "Act"...or "Addition" to an agencies "policies".

BTW...here is some more Good News! :clap:

http://www.cosaction.com/arkansas_files ... -219102217
They post these "proposed new rules" in the federal register, and you can make comment, although it doesn't do any good to oppose the the "proposed" rule.

besides that, they have so many "proposed" rules that it is a full time job just trying to keep up with them.

When I worked in an FAA Certificated repair station part of my job was keeping up with "proposed" rules. I spent an average of over 2 hours a day checking out proposed FAA rules, doing comment drafts for the company to make (none of which EVER made a difference in the final rule adopted), and keeping up with rules that had been implemented.

I was the director of training and had to make sure any rule that effected our work was tracked and implemented in our training program. Then I also had to track all new safety and environmental rules, federal, state and local and make sure they were added to the training program.

I tracked my tasks for a month, my average of just checking out new federal rules was 22.7 hours a week, state and local rules was 10.2 hours a week. That left me with less than 8 hours a week to do all of the paper work on the training, provide the training to the workers, and make sure the workers were actually doing all of the things required.

Keep in mind all of this time was just for things that had an effect on our company, I skimmed over all of the rules that didn't effect us, and there were a LOT of them, from a multitude of different agencies.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make sense out of the proposed and final rule. The wording of them was usually obscure and difficult to understand. Lawyer speak at it's worst.

This is exactly the kind of thing that has me concerned with the COS idea. I am sure that there will be things put in that will have many unintended consequences for the liberty of the individual.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:They post these "proposed new rules" in the federal register, and you can make comment, although it doesn't do any good to oppose the the "proposed" rule.

besides that, they have so many "proposed" rules that it is a full time job just trying to keep up with them.

When I worked in an FAA Certificated repair station part of my job was keeping up with "proposed" rules. I spent an average of over 2 hours a day checking out proposed FAA rules, doing comment drafts for the company to make (none of which EVER made a difference in the final rule adopted), and keeping up with rules that had been implemented.
Thank you for confirming the crux of what I was trying to convey in my last message. :bow:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Some Recent News:

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: A Convention of States "makes sense"
Posted by Convention of States Project on December 21, 2016

Add another high-profile name to the list of Article V supporters.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker said in a telephone town hall earlier this week that it “makes sense” to hold the first-ever Article V Convention of States. Congress will never propose a balanced budget amendment or a term limits amendment, he said, so it’s up to the states to “sidestep Congress” and propose the necessary constitutional reforms.

To those who worry about a “runaway convention,” Walker pointed out that amendment ratification is “not an easy process. Our founders intended that, so that only substantive changes that had the overwhelming support of the American people would go forward."

Walker adds his name to a list of figures that includes Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, former Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, radio personalities Mark Levin and Glenn Beck, and legal scholars Prof. Rob Natelson and Randy Barnett. All of these individuals support the Article V process and have voiced their approval of the Convention of States Project strategy.